Watches from 9/11

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Watches from 9/11

Post by richtel »

On a poignant day of reflection from the events of 22 years ago, I was quite surprised to read this well-written piece from the Everest blog.

https://www.everestbands.com/blogs/beze ... ptember-11
These users thanked the author richtel for the post (total 5):
cincfleetkiter65RichMwelshladBahnstormer_vRS
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Watches from 9/11

Post by TheBeatles »

Thanks for sharing, Rich

A day that still chills me to the bone!
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Thanks for sharing.
When I think back, the scale of that day was incomprehensible. This is a very poignant way of personalising it.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

For mankind time stood still when that horrific event broke. Very visceral indeed on these battered and broken timepieces. The link really gives pause for thought.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Stif »

That was a great read - very sobering. It's a museum I'd love to visit (well, 'love' is perhaps the wrong term!) I visited the Twin Towers themselves almost exactly a year before the event and remember being in awe of their size!

I was 20 and at University, sharing a flat with 3 others when it happened - I remember waking up later than everyone else that day and they had BBC news 24 on TV with the first tower smoking... at that point everyone thought it was an accident.

I can vividly remember the 'holy ****' moment when the second plane hit and everyone realised that it was no accident and that feeling that everything had changed, and then watching the rolling news coverage as the first and then second towers collapsed live on air... it still chills me to think about it!
- Grant

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all."

Developer of mobile watch app WristCheck - find out more at wristcheck.app
BrandonT
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by BrandonT »

This article has me choked up. Thanks for posting Rich. Just a reminder of how lucky we all are and how thankful we should be to those who gave us our freedoms.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Thanks for posting Rich. A very sobering read.

I remember the day very well. We had a TV above our bank of desks in the office and saw it all unfold.

Our chief executive was walking around as white as a sheet. His brother worked in one of the towers. It was many hours before he was able to establish that his brother was safe.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

Thanks for the share. The watches personalize the events of that day in a touching manner.

The day always gets filled with unexpected memories welling up for me. My family and I visited the Flight 93 Memorial not long after it opened. It was a very moving setting. My children, now twenty, were not yet born when the attacks struck but they have learned of the day from a variety of sources. We’ve also been to the Ground Zero memorial. Heavy, heavy memories.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ajax87 »

A good read, thanks. Heavy memories indeed.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925