UPS: I need to vent!!!

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
christam
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

UPS: I need to vent!!!

Post by christam »

As I indicated in another thread, I was expecting delivery of a new watch today. It was despatched yesterday via UPS and scheduled for delivery today. Indeed, I received the "Out for delivery" email early this morning and had arranged my social calendar ( :lol: ) to ensure I was in for its arrival.

After spending too much time online this morning I spent the afternoon catching up on various things and didn't go online again until about 4.00. Ooh look, an email from UPS to say my package had been delivered at 1.58 and signed for by someone named PUGH. Except it hadn't been delivered to me and my surname is not Pugh - or even PUGH.

I don't panic easily but suddenly stress levels were through the roof. The chap across the road who'd spent most of the day in his front garden had only seen one delivery van and it wasn't UPS. I tried phoning UPS. I might as well have tried to phone the man in the moon - the automated system takes you round in circles and never lets you get as far as speaking to a human being.

I emailed UPS and got an automated response telling me their Customer Support Team were "working to address my request" and would respond within one working day. So that's Monday, three days away. I emailed the company who sold me the watch to give them warning of what had happened. Stress levels went higher.

Then there was a ring on the doorbell. Outside stood the chap from across the road (who's the world's biggest busybody despite being so well-meaning) with a lady I didn't recognise but that might be because all I could see was the package (opened) she was holding.

My parcel had been delivered to the same numbered residence in the road which runs parallel to mine. The road names are completely different and while the postcodes are similar they, too, are different. The lady who signed for the package thought it might be from her son in Italy and only checked the address after finding the watch inside. She's elderly so can be excused but it's just luck that she is also honest.

Anyway, I've set the watch to one side for now and will look at it properly tomorrow. The joy of getting a shiny new toy has been somewhat diminished by a delivery driver's incompetence. Not to mention the fact that getting hold of a real human being who might listen to a problem and try to sort it out straight away seems impossible with UPS.

End of rant and time for dinner. If you got this far without falling asleep, I thank you :)
I am not a collector of watches. I used to be able to say that and know I was telling the truth.
Lego
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: UPS: I need to vent!!!

Post by Lego »

UPS... :evil:

Now, FedEx would never do that..
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I'm wide awake and glad to hear the comedy of errors had a happy ending.:thumbup :

Will be interesting to hear UPS's side of the situation. All depends on how much of the devil you have in you to play the 'I've not got my package' card and for how long; clearly not aiming to do anything to involve and embarrasse you honest neighbour.

Guy

sent from my Sony Xperia Z1
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Could have been worse. Don't get UPSet about it. The UPSide is obvious. You got the watch. :D
Richard
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

christam, you're such a Drama Queen!

Ducks.........ouch, that hurt.

Glad you got it though.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
vikingdrvr
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by vikingdrvr »

I can certainly see how that would take all the excitement and pleasure out of a new acquisition...but glad you got it.
Hopefully it will bring reasonable excitement tomorrow :D
vikingdrvr

InComing: nada
InTheBox: C60 GMT, C7, C7IRR, C70 D-Type, C8, C11. Steinies: Nav B/OVM/OceanTi500/Racetimer X2/Chrono II. Others: SMP300M Chrono, SMdV, Alpina X2, Tissot Chrono, LLD, Heuer 2000 Auto, Breil...
Emily DT, Charlotte Deco, Coral (wife’s)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Glad it got to you eventually. I'd be writing a letter of complaint to whoever represents UPS, plus encouraging the sender to obtain a refund for the postage they paid.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Arrrggghhh! That's so grrr!
There's always time for one more.
christam
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by christam »

Back from dinner and a dessert of chocolate fudge cake, which worked some endorphin magic to improve my mood. Said mood was further enhanced by reading your responses - in fact a giggle or three might have happened, so thank you one and all.

Drama Queen indeed. Thanks for that scooter, it's a good job you ducked.

And Lego I agree, I've never had the hint of a problem with FedEx deliveries. The one thing I can say in favour of UPS is that the package left Spain yesterday and was delivered, albeit eventually, today.
I am not a collector of watches. I used to be able to say that and know I was telling the truth.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

Well don't forget to photograph it tomorrow after all this malarkey!

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I am happy that all turned out well.

That said, I am with you. I hate automated phone systems. I don't mind if no one is there or the business is closed and you can leave a message, but scrambling about and conversing with a computer is not my idea of customer service.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

The problem with UPS they would need a workforce of hundreds just to answer the calls from dissatisfied customers
Glad it's sorted :thumbup:
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by MadJam250 »

What a mess up but glad the story eventually had a happy ending. Mind you, they all seem to be as bad. I've had so many issues with DPD so when I do order with ChrWard I request Royal Mail as courier instead as, for me, they never fail.

Looking forward to pics of new acquisition :-)
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
gweilgi
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by gweilgi »

Congratulations on a narrow escape!

FedEx did exactly this to me, and I never did recover my timepiece....
proud C60 owner (grey)
christam
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by christam »

Thanks Martin. I trust Royal Mail too but I've also always been lucky with DPD and I love their one-hour delivery time slot.
gweilgi wrote:Congratulations on a narrow escape!

FedEx did exactly this to me, and I never did recover my timepiece....
Thanks. Bad luck on your experience with FedEx though. I've found them very reliable and something about the Tom Hanks character in Castaway made them seem even more so!