The dangers of internet purchasing..

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Mojo UK
Junior
Junior

The dangers of internet purchasing..

Post by Mojo UK »

The way we shop has forever been changed by the internet, making it dangerously easy to instantly buy goods. This can then be multiplied exponentially if you indulge in drunken internet browsing, don’t get me wrong, I have received some wonderful presents from drunken me, to sober me over the years. As the drunken me does have more risqué tastes and is willing to take a chance.
Going back to the New Year holidays I awoke after a night of heavy consumption and festivities, to find my world as best described, had gone all ‘Fuzzy Felt’ on me. Whilst lying in bed and checking my emails and messages on my mobile, I was alarmed to see a notification from Paypal that I had paid $110 to a company I did not recognise. Suspecting that my account had been hacked, I decided to get up and use my laptop to investigate. After some cyber forensic analysis (Checked browser history) I began to follow the trail of events that had previously unfolded. It became very apparent that I had been trawling through various watch forums in the early hours of the morning. More worrying my browsing had deteriorated from watch servicing to maintenance, then eventually to watch cleaning, which is how I ended up on a website and spent $110 on…. watch shampoo.
I will repeat the last bit to assure it was not a typo; I had just spent $110 on Veraet Wristclean watch shampoo.
At this point I calmly did what any sensible bloke would do, I cleared my browser history, deleted my emails, uninstalled windows and formatted my hard drive. As with my job, I share my time working from home and seeing clients, I thought I would wait it out and hopefully luck would be on my side. Alas, it was not, two weeks later whilst I was away working the package arrived at our house. Apparently, ‘if we love and trust each other’ she can open my parcels… who knew? At this point I would like to give a big shout out to the guys at Veraet, who included the invoice on top of the product in big bold font, leaving no doubt to the actual cost of my purchase, thanks guys!

She was not amused….

So, it’s been a few months since my purchase, all my facial injuries are healing nicely and I’ve had a chance to really test this new product and put it through its paces.

So on to the review with pictures.

The watch kit comes in an attractive blue bag with their name boldly printed on the side. It is a quality made product; with a robust zip and a Velcro closing side pocket for storing the instructions. Just in case someone from Veraet is reading this review, can I respectfully suggest that the side pocket could conveniently be used to hide the sales invoice prior to dispatch, as this is where my now blood stained invoice is located, which I was told, will serve as a reminder should I ever get the urge to buy your products again.

The Essential Kit contains the following items:
 Watch Spray 4oz, 8oz
 Rubber & Leather Care 2oz
 3 Micro HD5 Watch Cloths
 3 Drying Watch Cloths
 Watch Brush

The Watch Spray.
This comes in two bottle sizes, the smaller, being used to spray the watch during cleaning and the larger, as a refill. The product itself has a nice aroma which is very evident during cleaning and for a little time thereafter. I tried to identify the various notes of the scent, think I detected a hint of Cardamom & cotton. I can’t be a 100% sure, as my sense of smell has not fully returned and I still wear the bandages. A nice smell never the less.

Leather & Rubber Cleaner.
I am as of yet to actually use this product, as none of my leather or rubber straps needs cleaning. I shall endeavour to update this part of the review when the time arises.

The Cleaning Brush.
This funny shaped brush is super soft and comes in nice little protective case. The brush is made from the under belly fur of a Tibetan snow bunny… or something like that.

The Cleaning Cloths
The kit is generously supplied with three of each type of cloth; they are very well made, robust and I’m sure, will last a long time. The cloths are more than ample in size and I’m sure will have many uses, one of which my wife kindly demonstrated in the art and application of first aid.

My daily wearer is a GMT IIc, which I wear Monday to Friday 24/7 and will only come off the wrist at the weekend. It gets cleaned at least once or twice a day in the shower and the bracelet gets the ultrasonic treatment a few times a year, so I have never considered my watch to be dirty. So I was not expecting too much from this product. The first time I used the product I followed all the instructions carefully and even used the bunny brush. The results were quite remarkable and really did surprise me. The crystal was so much clearer and the SS had a nice bright shine about it. One area I really noticed was around the Cyclops which usually has a build-up of residue, was now very clean and bright. Over the last few months, I have used the product sparingly as it seems to keep cleaner longer, I have changed from using the bunny brush to just massaging in the product with my fingers, as this seems to save time and gets the same result.
Overall I am really impressed with this cleaner, as it does give noticeable results.
But, is it worth the $110 price tag and a trip to the A&E … probably not.

Hope you have enjoyed the review.

Mal
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Re: The dangers of internet purchasing..

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Thank you for a brilliant review!
I hope the bruises die down soon, and the scars will disappear over time. You can relax in knowledge that your have a very shiny watch!

BTW, I do own up to using an elec toothbrush on a watch. I don't think my wife could taste the duraglit on her brush.
There's always time for one more.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Great story and a nice review.

Kudos to you for "taking one for the team". You took your lumps used the product and followed through with a review. Despite the high price, you have served up a reminder that watch cleaning is very important. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Excellent! Very entertaining! :lol:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

Classic Mal.

I see the Company is selling it off at $65 less 10% on it's Website at the moment.

http://www.wristclean.com/collections/w ... are-kit-ii

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by rgb »

:clap:
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
vikingdrvr
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by vikingdrvr »

Good Humor!
vikingdrvr

InComing: nada
InTheBox: C60 GMT, C7, C7IRR, C70 D-Type, C8, C11. Steinies: Nav B/OVM/OceanTi500/Racetimer X2/Chrono II. Others: SMP300M Chrono, SMdV, Alpina X2, Tissot Chrono, LLD, Heuer 2000 Auto, Breil...
Emily DT, Charlotte Deco, Coral (wife’s)
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Very entertaining :clap:
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

This is a late April Fool thread, right?
Mojo UK
Junior
Junior

Post by Mojo UK »

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm glad you enjoyed the yarn.
Most of it true, well accept the parts about the injuries and luckily with the missus I got blessed with an angel. [-o<
But that would make for a boring review.
scooter wrote:
I see the Company is selling it off at $65 less 10% on it's Website at the moment.

http://www.wristclean.com/collections/w ... are-kit-ii

scooter

Well spotted Scooter, this part has been the hardest bit to swallow and I couldn't even bring myself to mention in the original.If you look at the second picture in the far left corner you can see where in my drunken man maths, I decided to order two extra refill bottles and they then charged me $30 for postage ](*,) Hey Ho live and learn :lol:

But as you have forced me to admit this, I am more than willing to send you a 100ml sample ( I have enough to clean Big Ben) and a couple of cloths to try out for yourself. With the only condition, once you have tried the amazing world of Veraet Writclean, you can provide a small honest review !

Send me your details and I'll post it this week

Mal
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by gbbird »

Great story. Really made me giggle. Watch shampoo! Whatever next I wonder?

As a result of your injuries, I wonder if the placebo effect is in play with regards to how good the product actually is?
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Made the wife laugh out loud.
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Excellent post, and I look forward to scooter's review. :D
Richard
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

Mal

That's very kind of you but I hope you won't mind if I defer.

Having just received my Submariner back from a full service and spa from RSC, this fine product is unlikely to be used in the near to medium future.

Again, thank you for the offer though.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Mojo - I have some 100% genuine invisible hen's teeth in a small pouch available for £300 if you're interested. Sales document is as discrete as hen's teeth too. Just read this post after a few beers/wine/mojitos and I'm sure it'll become an attractive proposition.