Take a picture from your window.

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Take a picture from your window.

Post by El Tiempo »

Taken this morning with my phone camera. Very foggy in these parts last few days.

DB
Junior
Junior

Post by DB »

ooh... nice idea I like riddles :) ...So I think I will make myself one. Dont tell me Im gonna try and figure out from that window shot which unknown part it could be.......first impression ...its in Europe .........
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

WTF? Is everyone here so fabulous they can't take a picture from one of their windows? We're spread out all over the globe. Get the job done.

El Tiempo
Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

Have patience my friend, tomorrow is the day :wink:
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

Two pics taken from the balcony of our second home in Sauerland, Germany. The pics where taken on April 30 this year, can you believe it???? A few days later the weather cleared, and temperatures rised to 24 degrees Celcius!!!

El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

Hans, this is awsome! I never get snow like this. I'm jealous.

All: Keep them coming.

Not quite satiated,

El Tiempo
Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

Very beautiful Warhol. Looks very pleasant.

El Tiempo
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Take a picture from your window.

Post by Daz »

8)
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Hans,

I've seen many of your photographs. You have a great eye for photography. It is also one of my most serious hobbies and while I was in the Air National Guard, I worked as a photographer for 8 years. I've been shooting with a Nikon F3 for the last 20 years but it recently died and I'm struggling with wanting to keep the Old-School way of photography versus converting to digital.

I began in the days when nearly everything was manually processed, film prints, etc. I've done it all, prints, color as well as B&W. Oh yes, I even manually developed color slides, actually, the easiest of all productions to do. I had to learn chemistry as well as composing behind the camera. I'm sure you did too. I devoted several years perfecting high rendition Black and White printing using Technical Pan 2415, 25asa film. Extremely find grain and slow. I used a special compensation developer for continuous tone file processing of the film. Originally designed for aerial photography, TP2415 gave 4x5 results in the 35mm format. It was just an amassing film to use for B&W.

Ansel Adams would have loved it!

I looked at your web sit and was very impressed with the compositional, photographic quality in your pictures. I see you love to take advantage of polarizing. National Geographic quality. This must have been more that just a hobby?

Russ
Hans

Post by Hans »

Thanks for your kind words Russ! I really enjoy photography, but it is just a hobby, nothing more, when I look at my pictures, I see a lot of space to improve. I wish I had more time to make photos! I started with an old Practica camera more then 20 years ago, and about 6 years ago I switched to digital, and never regretted doing so.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Hans

You see a lot of space for improvement because no one will be more critical of you work than you. I too was the same. I’ll be getting a digital camera soon because I really have no choice but I wonder how I’ll perform next to using film in which every shot had to count.

It’s one thing to have great equipment it's another thing to have talent. You seem to have both. You manipulate light with subject beautifully. Learning how to use light is everything. There are those who take pictures and there are those who create pictures with an eye for composition. You could work as a professional because you have natural professional talant. Some things can't be taught. You eigher have it or you don't. Did you do all the work for Chris for the web site?

Not to get off the beaten subject but I gave a reply to a topic you started about how to regulate your C5. I want to make an adjustment to my C5 but was concerned about my warranty. I know how. That’s not a problem. I’ve regulated many other watches. I know how careful you must be but actually it’s very easy with using the correct size jeweler’s screwdrivers and a loop. Will Chris allow this? Judging by your instructions on regulation, I got the impression that it may be allowed.

Russ
Hans

Post by Hans »

I still act as if every shot has to count. When I started doing digital at first I sometimes made more than 200 shots a day, but soon found out that that way of taking photo's is destructive to the quality and artistic results! When you get your first digital camera, don't change your style, just imagine that you can use a memory-card only once! :wink:

About the regulation: Chris will 'allow' this, but if a watch is send back and there are traces of incorrect maintenance, that will be an other story I think.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Thanks Hans,

I just got my C5 less than two weeks ago. I don't intend to adjust it right away. It needs to settle first. From day one, it started out running 5 seconds fast a day and after one week it settled down to where it's slow now to about 3 seconds a day. This is by no means a need for adjustment being so close to perfect. If my C5 continues to descend, becoming slower, I may want to speed it up a bit. I would prefer it to be on the fast side of perfect. I plan to give it a couple of months before assessing the need to regulate.

As for digital photography: I'm biding my time at the moment. I'm seeing big changes in what's becoming available now. What was once professional equipment giving 6 mega pixels is now obsolete in small point and shoot cameras? I have a little point-and-shoot camera to use but it belongs to my daughter. It's about the size of a cigarette pack and hard to hold being so small. That little camera shoots at 7.5 mega pixels, unbelievable!

I was looking at some used professional Fuji's and Nikons, 2002 models. These are, as you know, the large body professional cameras where you can change out lenses. They were afordable but only shot 6 mega pixels and the earlier models shot only 3 mega pixels. You can see how much change is taking place in just a few years. 12 mega pixels will soon become the norm in tiny point and shoot cameras. My Cell Phone shoots 2 meag pixel and the latest Cell Phones, I hear, shoot 3 mega pixel. I think I'll wait until I can find affordable used professional equipment to shoot at a higher level. The point and shoot cameras are OK but I'm use to using professional equipment with a large variety of lenses along with complete exposure control. Also, I want to look through a camer and not a screen to see what I'm shooting. The cost of brand new professional equipment is just too much for me right now. Soon, they will be making 20 mega pixels, "chips" to equal the size of 35mm film. When they do that, all your old lenses can be used to deliver the same image size as you once knew with film.

Later.. Russ
ionutz
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by ionutz »

Very nice pics and places. We wait for more.
Daz wrote:I took two pictures from my bedroom window and stitched them together.
This was taken from the family apartment balcony in Costa Del Sol in January this year.It took me 3 hours to walk to the top of that mountain from here. Its higher than it looks.
Sea view, just.
And from the top of the mountain.
john