CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Super Bowl Sunday

Post by rcherryuk »

We're in NY and I can safely say that I'm sick of Superbowl :D

Still, we should have a quiet trip to the Airport and through Security as they'll all be desperate not to miss a play.
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by androo »

rcherryuk wrote:We're in NY and I can safely say that I'm sick of Superbowl :D

Still, we should have a quiet trip to the Airport and through Security as they'll all be desperate not to miss an advert.
Corrected it for you

At the moment I am watching a replay of the 4 man Bob and every so often turning over to the womens hockey champions trophey final GBR against Argentina - no american football
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Kip wrote:I am currently art work
We always knew you were a splendid fellow, Kip! :lol:

I recorded it in the end...just pointless to stay up all night. Last minute TD, I believe. Bad luck, Pats. :(
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Funniest TD ever! The guy didn't want to score it & the defence didn't want to stop him :shock:

Encouraging the opposition to score against you - Only in American Football!!! :lol:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Very sad... :( ....My favorite lost. Overall it was a good game, but the best team won. It was close with some interesting strategy at the end but our Patriots just couldn't finish it off.

I must say congratulations to the New York Giants. :clap:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

poppydoodlesdad wrote:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Certainly am!

I started watching back in the '80s when UK Channel 4 began coverage - back in the days of Giants/Bears domination (and the Refrigerator)
Same here though for various reason I was an Eagles fan. Can't stay up that late anymore, you enjoy it though.
I started then as well. The Bears were amazing but I was a Miami Dolphins/Dan Marino fan.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

I read my regular paper and there was a 3-column article about this little sporting jamboree. It was 2 inches deep (including a picture). There were nearly as many words in the headline as in the article.

I would have enjoyed more about the superbowl and a page or so less on the cricket. :?
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

This is the second super bowl that I've missed in the last five years because I had to fly back home Sunday night. I caught the first few plays at the airport, and I followed the end of the game on my phone. Overall, happy with the result. Would have been happy if the Patriots had won too.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Peteo wrote:This is the second super bowl that I've missed in the last five years because I had to fly back home Sunday night. I caught the first few plays at the airport, and I followed the end of the game on my phone. Overall, happy with the result. Would have been happy if the Patriots had won too.
I am not happy with the result..... :(
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Kip wrote:
Peteo wrote:This is the second super bowl that I've missed in the last five years because I had to fly back home Sunday night. I caught the first few plays at the airport, and I followed the end of the game on my phone. Overall, happy with the result. Would have been happy if the Patriots had won too.
Awww, come on, Kip. You're living through the golden age of New England Pro Sports. Eight Championships in the last 11 years plus a couple of runner up finishes. Kids up there probably expect parades every year at this point. Just imagine how the fans in Cleveland feel! :problem:
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Peteo wrote:
Kip wrote:
Awww, come on, Kip. You're living through the golden age of New England Pro Sports. Eight Championships in the last 11 years plus a couple of runner up finishes. Kids up there probably expect parades every year at this point. Just imagine how the fans in Cleveland feel! :problem:
I know how they feel...... I suffered as a youth with the Red Sox, Patriots, and Bruins. We did have the Golden years of the Celtics, but I was never much of a basketball fan. The Bruins gave us 2 Stanley Cups in 1970 and 72 and the Red Sox did get to the World Series in 75 and 86 along with the Patriots in 86 and 97 but this era was a long time coming and it has been a good ride...I am spoiled and like it! :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"