Sons home for Easter...

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Sons home for Easter...

Post by xtriple »

From the bright lights of Leamington Spa where he works for JLR as an engineer (I'm a proud Daddy :clap: ) and has acquired an interest in watches :shock: He was looking through my collection and likes, the C13 (that's a "proper" watch in his words :lol: ) the Bulova Precisionist ( for its "sweep" second hand - I'm impressed he noticed such things!) but his favourite was my bloody Steinhart Ocean one (green).

Bloody kids acquiring taste at last :lol:
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Jape
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Sons home for Easter...

Post by Jape »

Next they'll be aqcuiring daddy's watches..."can I borrow this?" and it's gone. :D
C7 Rapide C11 Auto C600 Tri-Tech C2 Lido C40 Speedhawk C60 600 Sinn 857 Sinn 103St Sinn U1 Omega Seamaster Pro 300
Wants are many but funds scarce.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

He's a working man now. Tell him to buy his own bloody watches. :lol:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Jape wrote:Next they'll be aqcuiring daddy's watches..."can I borrow this?" and it's gone. :D
Oh joy, all those rants,sorry, posts, to look forward to :D

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

rcherryuk wrote:
Jape wrote:Next they'll be aqcuiring daddy's watches..."can I borrow this?" and it's gone. :D
Oh joy, all those rants,sorry, posts, to look forward to :D

Rob
Knackers! :lol:
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Encourage him to sign into 'The Asylum"!

He can learn and keep better tabs on you that way! 8)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Kip wrote:Encourage him to sign into 'The Asylum"!

Do we really need an xtriple Jr. :shock:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Mr Rick wrote:

No one "needs" an xtriple jnr! Some however, may deserve one :lol:
amleto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by amleto »

Ah, father-son watch talk. Brings back a specific memory:

One of the last meaningless conversations I had with my dad was about watches. I was just mentioning how I'd become more interested in them and was going to buy some 'more serious' watches.

To which his reply was, 'Why?? Watches are utilitarian' :lol:

You can see he was true to words elsewhere on here - I have posted a pic of his plain, simple, quartz seiko.

xt - watch out if xt jr. starts to visit more often 'for a look' :lol:
Halios Tropik SS, C60 GMT SKKO, Magrette Regattare 2011 sold, Casio Edifice, Seiko x2
Incoming: fle'13?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

xtriple wrote:
Mr Rick wrote:

No one "needs" an xtriple jnr! Some however, may deserve one :lol:
I am sure that anyone who has children has experienced one at some time...myself included! :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Just made a cold air box for his K and N filter (calls himself an engineer! :lol: ) out of sheet stainless I had laying around (old cooker hood) and had a look at a few bits on his "new" car.... Phoned my mate Morg straight away and it's booked in to the garage first thing on Tuesday morning for a service, cambelt, handbrake sorting and lack of any temperature control. All to be done by Tuesday night so he can go back to Leamington for Wednesday morning!

It's good having a share in a garage ain't it :lol:
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Leo David »

xtriple wrote:Just made a cold air box for his K and N filter (calls himself an engineer! :lol: ) out of sheet stainless I had laying around (old cooker hood) and had a look at a few bits on his "new" car.... Phoned my mate Morg straight away and it's booked in to the garage first thing on Tuesday morning for a service, cambelt, handbrake sorting and lack of any temperature control. All to be done by Tuesday night so he can go back to Leamington for Wednesday morning!

Even better knowing that I might actually get some impartial advice about something car related. Do you mind if I send you a PM later, David?
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Leo David wrote:
xtriple wrote:Just made a cold air box for his K and N filter (calls himself an engineer! :lol: ) out of sheet stainless I had laying around (old cooker hood) and had a look at a few bits on his "new" car.... Phoned my mate Morg straight away and it's booked in to the garage first thing on Tuesday morning for a service, cambelt, handbrake sorting and lack of any temperature control. All to be done by Tuesday night so he can go back to Leamington for Wednesday morning!

Even better knowing that I might actually get some impartial advice about something car related. Do you mind if I send you a PM later, David?
Not at all mate, pm away. If I can help I will but I've been out of the game properly for quite a few years so my knowledge of current electronics is woeful. But, If I don't know, I know a man who will :D

I see the bills sometimes and the amount spent on computer gubbins is truly eye watering! The little hand held thingy to interogate the ecu on cars cost something like £20K :shock: And, to make it worse, for every manufacterer, you need a special "key" which costs about £250 a time, and they have hundreds!
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Jammy Devil »

xtriple wrote:It's good having a share in a garage ain't it :lol:
Is that in addition to the share you have in the Vets Surgery ? :lol:

Hope Phoebe is continuing to make a good recovery :wave:
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Jammy Devil wrote:
xtriple wrote:It's good having a share in a garage ain't it :lol:
Is that in addition to the share you have in the Vets Surgery ? :lol:

Hope Phoebe is continuing to make a good recovery :wave:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

She is :thumbup: She's just stuffed her face full of banoffee pie and ice cream - a pretty big bowl full that I just couldn't manage. The trick is getting extra food down her, while keeping Chester oblivious to the fact he's missing out. She's thin, but Lorn is adamant that Pheebs is getting fatter.