Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: Secret pleasures?

Post by Mortis »

This thread is rapidly accelerating into some form of Calories Anonymous. Does no one have a healthy secret pleasure?!
(I can't talk, and have little to contribute, but my other half likes eating marmalade and sausage on toast :o0: )
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

Mortis wrote:This thread is rapidly accelerating into some form of Calories Anonymous. Does no one have a healthy secret pleasure?!
(I can't talk, and have little to contribute, but my other half likes eating marmalade and sausage on toast :o0: )
Well i have been know to burn off calories whilst using whipped cream. :silent: :silent: :oops:
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Mortis wrote:This thread is rapidly accelerating into some form of Calories Anonymous. Does no one have a healthy secret pleasure?!

Ah....so the post cinema discussion didn't go too badly then.....
And it's a good thing that she likes eating sausage

<does best Sid James laugh>
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Mortis wrote: Does no one have a healthy secret pleasure?!
Yes, but it depends on location - basically it's barbecued fish with lots of salads followed by tropical fruit...and lots of chilled white Malvasia! :cheers:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
Yes, but it depends on location - basically it's barbecued fish with lots of salads followed by tropical fruit...and lots of chilled white Malvasia! :cheers:

Again...yes....but it's fairly specific.
Italy - hot sunny day - balcony - sea view - ice cold beer - freshly marinated anchovies - no kids 8)
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by androo »

In that case does uncooked black pudding count?
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

village wrote:Ah....so the post cinema discussion didn't go too badly then.....
And it's a good thing that she likes eating sausage
You are insufferable!
Actually it's a different young lady. :shh:

Now, back on topic... Anchovies yes. Good call. And androo, I think you're the first person I've met other than me who will eat cold black pudding. :)
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by androo »

Mortis wrote:. And androo, I think you're the first person I've met other than me who will eat cold black pudding. :)
:thumbup:
And you are the second. First was a woman I worked with once. When she was pregnant :?

Cold black pudding and fried egg sarnie with a touch of fresh mayo, very nice :D
peatnick
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by peatnick »

Helix Von Smelix wrote:Well i have been know to burn off calories whilst using whipped cream. :silent: :silent: :oops:
I actually like the N2O gas from the whip cream can, pass the empty over here after you polish it off :)
shrink
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by shrink »

i have a few of these:

1) wet shaving, with a vintage double edged safety razor, a silvertip badger brush and some classic cream. Takes a boring every day task, and makes a bit more theatrical, satisfying and enjoyable. Plus you get to buy lots of cool manly smelling stuff. It's also saved me a fortune over the last year, over the cost of mach3 blades, and i get a more comfortable shave.

2) Shoes!! specifically english benchmade shoes from the likes of Crockett & Jones, Trickers, Church's and Cheaney.

3) Hi-fi, or rather listening to music on it, but i'd be lying if i said it was ALL about the music and not somewhat to do with the gear and gadgets.

4) Cars
Who watches the watch-men
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by androo »

shrink wrote:i have a few of these:

1) wet shaving, with a vintage double edged safety razor, a silvertip badger brush and some classic cream. Takes a boring every day task, and makes a bit more theatrical, satisfying and enjoyable. Plus you get to buy lots of cool manly smelling stuff. It's also saved me a fortune over the last year, over the cost of mach3 blades, and i get a more comfortable shave.
I agree. Geo F Trumper soap, Merkur 38 razor in red and matching silver tip brush (once you use silvertip there is no going back)
shrink
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by shrink »

for me its Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood, an Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Razor and a Custom New Forest Silvertip.

Works a treat :)

followed up with the matching T&H balm.
Who watches the watch-men
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

My gf makes these wonderful muesli like bars - no muesli, but condensed milk, almonds, coconut and a few other things that I'd have to look up. Doesn't do my diet any good.
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

i'm starting to make a small collection from saddleback leather. haven't bought anything big yet, but i have a bunch of smaller things. i *really* like the quality of their workmanship. full grain leather, double marine stitching, everything is just made to last. hence the slogan, "they'll fight over it when you're dead" (and the 100yr warranty).
the "g" is for Greg...
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Androo and Shrink, have you tried a straight razor yet? I enjoy my safety razor shaves, but adding a straight into the mix is a really fantastic experience.
My favourite safety razor is a 1930's Gillette New (all my safety razors are vintage). Paired with a custom Finest badger and some Mitchells Wool Fat soap or Castle Forbes cream, and finished with Pinaud Clubman makes for a damn fine shave.

Mortis, does a tin of smoked oysters count as healthy?
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.