Prescription goggles

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
grahamH
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Prescription goggles

Post by grahamH »

As my Avatar shows,one of my hobbies is kayaking. I wear varifocal glasses,as the norm. Just had a new prescription made and changed the glasses to match.
When kayaking,I've been able to paddle,without wearing spectacles.
I took my grandson for his first paddle yesterday,without spectacles and discovered the shift in my prescription,is huge. Everything was a little bit blurred. I could manage,on the water I was paddling (the Torridge Estuary).
I am now worried about the Whitewater rivers. My son suggested I look into Prescription Goggles.
Has anyone any experience of these? Swimming goggles,I think,would not give the field of view required.
1xCW,4xOmega,1xBWC.
Wife - 1xDreyfus.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Prescription goggles

Post by rcherryuk »

Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
daveodz
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 10

Post by daveodz »

Hi,

I had a similar problem, and to test how prescription goggles would be i dismantled an old pair of my glasses and put the lenses inside a normal pair if swimming goggles. :thumbup: The result was brilliant, could actually see when swimming for the first time! I actually never bothered to buy a pair of new goggles and still use my "manufactured" pair :clap:

Must point out that i wear total frameless glasses with small size lenses, so this "test" may not work for you. but i would certainly look (no pun intended) futher in to prescription goggles, makes such a differance.

David
33 Watches
2 Dogs
4 Cars
500 Scalextric Cars
2 Daughters
1 Wife
2 Grandsons
1 Grandaugther
...............No money left!!!
grahamH
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by grahamH »

Thanks for the quick replies.
Rob,this company let you "Try Before You Buy". Like that idea.
1xCW,4xOmega,1xBWC.
Wife - 1xDreyfus.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

That looks like it will do the trick! :)
Richard
vikingdrvr
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by vikingdrvr »

daveodz wrote:Hi,

I had a similar problem, and to test how prescription goggles would be i dismantled an old pair of my glasses and put the lenses inside a normal pair if swimming goggles. :thumbup: The result was brilliant, could actually see when swimming for the first time! I actually never bothered to buy a pair of new goggles and still use my "manufactured" pair :clap:

Must point out that i wear total frameless glasses with small size lenses, so this "test" may not work for you. but i would certainly look (no pun intended) futher in to prescription goggles, makes such a differance.

David
I've done the same in the past by glue-ing old lenses into 'foggles' and it worked out perfectly!
vikingdrvr

InComing: nada
InTheBox: C60 GMT, C7, C7IRR, C70 D-Type, C8, C11. Steinies: Nav B/OVM/OceanTi500/Racetimer X2/Chrono II. Others: SMP300M Chrono, SMdV, Alpina X2, Tissot Chrono, LLD, Heuer 2000 Auto, Breil...
Emily DT, Charlotte Deco, Coral (wife’s)