Premier League

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Premier League

Post by El Tiempo »

Okay, so I've taken up watching the English Premier League. I've been rooting for Liverpool 'cause good things come from Liverpool, right? Plus, they advertise Beer on their jerseys which means they can't be all bad.

Anyway, I'm confused. First I'm watching LP cut a swath through the Premiere league, then find out they've also been playing in the UEFA Champions league. Undefeated in both BTW. :D What the hell is going on here? Two different leagues at the same time? Can someone explain how this works? I Tivo'd the last LP match and was pleased as punch as they outclassed PSV. I also have a Tivo season pass for Premier and get all the games they show here. Next up Manchester City.

The Chelsea Bananas are also doing well in Premier. IIRC, this is CW's fave team. Too bad they choked in the finals last time.

Who else is watching? Surely there are some die hard fans here? Post your favorite team or whatever and let's get the discussion rolling.

Oh yeah, to clarify, I'm a Yank.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Premier League

Post by village »

El Tiempo wrote:

You didn't need to add that...worked it out from the first sentance! :winkgrin2:

The Champions League is an annual competition run by UEFA for the best clubs in Europe....it runs alongside the EUFA Cup competition. I could ramble on but a pretty good definition/explanation can be found on Wikipedia here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League
El Tiempo wrote: I'm watching LP cut a swath through the Premiere league, .
Enjoy it while it lasts!

By the way, i'm a Gooner..... you'll probably need a translation for that!........ Come on you Arsenal :gott:

Any Spurs supporters still around to own up???......still,just think of the new grounds you get to visit next season :lachtot:
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

Isn't that just a little unkind?...UB
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Uncle Bill wrote:Isn't that just a little unkind?...UB

Oh yes! :lol:
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:D
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

Village, thanks for the link! Stuff like this would never happen in the US.

Daz, welcome to the discussion.

Guys, what is this inside joke business concerning the Spurs?

Looks like Liverpool will meet Chelsea on 10/26 and showdown with Arsenal on 12/21. I'm sure this will be a nice early Xmas present for me.
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:lol:
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

And i would imagine any of the Toon Army would like to thank Spurs for preventing them being the worse team in the premiership!
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

:)
cstef
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by cstef »

El Tiempo wrote:Okay, so I've taken up watching the English Premier League. I've been rooting for Liverpool 'cause good things come from Liverpool, right? Plus, they advertise Beer on their jerseys which means they can't be all bad.

Anyway, I'm confused. First I'm watching LP cut a swath through the Premiere league, then find out they've also been playing in the UEFA Champions league. Undefeated in both BTW. :D What the hell is going on here? Two different leagues at the same time? Can someone explain how this works? I Tivo'd the last LP match and was pleased as punch as they outclassed PSV. I also have a Tivo season pass for Premier and get all the games they show here. Next up Manchester City.

The Chelsea Bananas are also doing well in Premier. IIRC, this is CW's fave team. Too bad they choked in the finals last time.

Who else is watching? Surely there are some die hard fans here? Post your favorite team or whatever and let's get the discussion rolling.

I am into football and Premier league and Romanian league and CL.
Our teams did not do too bad this season; even more Chelsea were held by our champs to 0-0
Steaua will do great, too.
Cormorans are my favourites outside Romania by the way.
Go, Steaua, go!!
C3SSK,C4SST,C5AKK,C5AWT,C6LE5,
Stowa Seatime Blue, STOWA PRODIVER LIMETTE,
Stowa MO, Steinhart Aviation Automatik; JS Watch-Islandus; Aristo Sextant; Dievas Diver;
Vostok Europe Exp 06;
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

Daz wrote:
El Tiempo wrote: I've been rooting for Liverpool 'cause good things come from Liverpool, right? Plus, they advertise Beer on their jerseys which means they can't be all bad.
...and they are American owned, is this anything to do with your allegiance to the Reds??

Daz, I had no idea, but this makes it all the more appropriate. The match against MC is on TV tomorrow here. Too bad I already know the outcome. Npt sure how I'm going to manage this. It's kind of a buzzkil know who wins. I generally follow the games live on my iPhone.

cstef, welcome! Feel free to contribute. I tried googling the Cormorans but came up empty. Where are they from?
cstef
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by cstef »

El Tiempo wrote:
Daz wrote:
El Tiempo wrote: I've been rooting for Liverpool 'cause good things come from Liverpool, right? Plus, they advertise Beer on their jerseys which means they can't be all bad.
...and they are American owned, is this anything to do with your allegiance to the Reds??

Daz, I had no idea, but this makes it all the more appropriate. The match against MC is on TV tomorrow here. Too bad I already know the outcome. Npt sure how I'm going to manage this. It's kind of a buzzkil know who wins. I generally follow the games live on my iPhone.

cstef, welcome! Feel free to contribute. I tried googling the Cormorans but came up empty. Where are they from?
Hey,
thanks for the welcome, although already old in CW "business"
Kormorans=Liverpool FC
take a look on their flag
Chris
C3SSK,C4SST,C5AKK,C5AWT,C6LE5,
Stowa Seatime Blue, STOWA PRODIVER LIMETTE,
Stowa MO, Steinhart Aviation Automatik; JS Watch-Islandus; Aristo Sextant; Dievas Diver;
Vostok Europe Exp 06;
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

[quote="El Tiempo
I tried googling the Cormorans but came up empty. Where are they from?[/quote]

Have a butchers here.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver_Bird :buch:
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

Caught the Arsenal/Everton match today. Great match considering the second half was played almost entirely inside the Everton box.

Here's how I keep up with the games until the broadcast here. Sportstap, via my iPhone.
Here's what I have to choose from: The red dots indicate games currently being played

I can highlight favorite teams to follow. As you can see, not live, but up to the minute.

Anyway, big match this Sunday between Liverpool and Chelsea. Any picks, predictions? LP seems to be starting matches slowly and not getting into high gear until the final 30 or so. haven't seen any of Chelsea's play as of yet.

Also, why are the Champions League results counted in Premier League? This doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone tell me how points are compiled? I can't really find anything at the PL website.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

El Tiempo wrote:Caught the Arsenal/Everton match today. Great match considering the second half was played almost entirely inside the Everton box.

Ah yes..another imperious win for the mighty Gunners!

Also, why are the Champions League results counted in Premier League? This doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone tell me how points are compiled? I can't really find anything at the PL website.

The Champions League isn't counted in the Premier League..it's got nothing to do with it. The Champions League has it's own format based on group stages leading to knockout matches.
Have a look here for a rundown of the format -> http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/format/index.html

The match between Chelsea & Liverpool should go to Chelsea if they are playing to form, in my opinion.