Little Black Dress (I mean - DIVER)! - UPDATE

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Rezn8r
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Little Black Dress (I mean - DIVER)!

Post by Rezn8r »

Fair point! Again, not quite a diver, though I swim with it happily enough. The strap is a Hirsch James hybrid — no idea what they do to the leather to make it so waterproof, but it’s still as good as new after several dunks in fresh, salt and chlorinated water.
cffdcb04-ada4-4837-bc6c-cf178632cf75.jpeg
Paul Drawmer wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:41 pm As a fan of a proper LBD, I think the straps have to be right. I mean; so many of these have tarty chain straps.

An LBD needs proper black fitted strap. This Mk1 is a classic (I don't own it any more, but wish I did as it's an iconic CW)
These users thanked the author Rezn8r for the post:
missF
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

LITTLE BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK DIVER....

So - i love the C60 pro 600 little black diver, but wearing it brought out even darker thoughts.... i've been hankering for a while after a very black watch. All black. Black case, dial, bezel, strap. I've wondered about the Marloe Pacific and the Formex leggere, though not divers i grant you. I also miss the Sandstorm Blackout from time to time. I greatly admired @biggus_richus 's vintage - pics above.

I spotted this one on ward hoard, made an enquiry, did a great trade, and my C60 pro 600 is now a C60 pro 600 vintage :clap: I asked if Greg @Trs1982 had a vintage oak strap, and it looks fantastic.

A nice experience to make a little tweak and be even happier than i was with the first Little Black Diver.

Some pics. Don't stare too long into the darkness...
IMG_3952.jpeg
IMG_3954.jpeg
These users thanked the author missF for the post (total 6):
tikkathreeBahnstormer_vRSrkovarsThegreymanRezn8rTtf23
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Re: Little Black Dress (I mean - DIVER)! - UPDATE

Post by missF »

Oh - i think that people are often too quick to shout that date wheels should be matched to the dial. It's often shouted out without much thought to what the designer was thinking when he created the watch. In this case though it's awesome. Another tiny favourite feature on my new watch :thumbup:

And the matte black bezel is just so pleasing on the eye. More matte black bezels please!
These users thanked the author missF for the post (total 3):
Bahnstormer_vRSPaul DrawmerRezn8r
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

missF wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:43 pm LITTLE BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK DIVER....

So - i love the C60 pro 600 little black diver, but wearing it brought out even darker thoughts.... i've been hankering for a while after a very black watch. All black. Black case, dial, bezel, strap. I've wondered about the Marloe Pacific and the Formex leggere, though not divers i grant you. I also miss the Sandstorm Blackout from time to time. I greatly admired @biggus_richus 's vintage - pics above.

I spotted this one on ward hoard, made an enquiry, did a great trade, and my C60 pro 600 is now a C60 pro 600 vintage :clap: I asked if Greg @Trs1982 had a vintage oak strap, and it looks fantastic.

A nice experience to make a little tweak and be even happier than i was with the first Little Black Diver.

IMG_3952.jpeg

IMG_3954.jpeg
I wondered where that had gone !

I was viewing Ward Hoard (probably just before you clinched your deal) and spotted it at what I thought was a good price. It's a model colour I've always liked and would have been ideal at 38mm. Unfortunate, but understandable, there were what looked like a couple of little areas of missing black and so my OCD told me it wouldn't be right for me. :(

I looked for it again about 5 minutes after that decision and it had gone!

Well done on your move into the dark side.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Well done on getting the vintage version, missF.

My one and only black diver (little, as well) is the OG 38mm Trident W61. I just like the combination of shiny silver text on the black bezel, original style hands and blobs/markers with silver trim, plus the wave textured dial.

It looks great and sporty on a tropic strap (as in the pic) and very dressy on the original shiny croc grain fitted leather strap. Also, very comfy on shark mesh.

It's a good size for my small wrist.

My other 3 divers are 2 non-black C60s and a C65 SC (Red FLE, white dial/red bezel GMT, Ocean Blue ). if not for the fact that I like the look of Tridents and the SC, and enjoy the colours of the models I have, I wouldn't specifically buy a diver.

Ps. I don't count my BB36 or BallEH as divers. They are sports watches with good WR.
These users thanked the author asqwerth for the post:
rkovars
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Mikkei4 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:16 pm I wondered where that had gone !
Well done on your move into the dark side.
I'd say that for once this was a positive quick decision on my part rather than just an impulsive thing, but we never truly know our motivations until we have sat on a rock with ourselves in the peace and quiet for many lifetimes :lol:
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
Klyde
CW-watches: 4

Post by Klyde »

I have this Invicta Swiss ETA2824 movement submariner with sapphire crystal. I purchased it at least 20 years ago for $250 from an online watch wholesaler website. It was my everyday watch for 10-12 years, so it does not look like this anymore. The bezel is all marred up. The final blow for the watch was when the counterweight just came off inside the case one day. I haven't been able to find anyone to repair it, and you can't get replacement bezels. It's too bad, as I think the watch is highly collectible in good condition.
547 902 9937 2.jpg
547 901 9937 1.jpg
547 903 9937 3.jpg
These users thanked the author Klyde for the post:
missF
CW C60 Trident 600 GMT
CW C60 Trident 600 316L LE (249/316)
CW Trident Dive Timer LE (40/150)
CW C60 Concept LE COSC (14/490)
B&M Indian MCY Burt Munro Tribute LE (1/1967)
Bulova Precisionist Diver
Bulova Skeleton Auto
Seiko Professional Diver
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

missF wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:43 pm LITTLE BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK DIVER....

Wowsers, did I do an enablement? Lovely stuff.

Great choice of strap there too. I think my favourite is the Barton canvas pictured in my original post; it’s a perfect match for the vintage lume and lends the watch a bit of a Dune feel.
These users thanked the author biggus_richus for the post:
missF
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex