Leaving the forum after three and a half years

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Leaving the forum after three and a half years

Post by tikkathree »

Ease back if you must Des - though we are certain that you don't need to - but please don't go. Heavens my CW collection will gladly cover the fact that you don't have one: please be my guest. Best wishes
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
Some other brands
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bident »

Des,

I'm very sad to read your post. I'm also sorry to hear about your illness. Regarding your not owning a CW, to be honest I've never noticed! I enjoy reading your comments, and above all else, really appreciate your kindness. I hope you will continue with this forum in some way, but regardless, wish you the very best.
Best regards,
John
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Really hoping you'll stick around Des. As others have said, you don't have to post a lot (or at all), or own a CW to fit in around here.
A love of watches and an interest in the brand brought all of us here, but it's the comradery that keeps us here.
These users thanked the author Lavaine for the post:
Stif
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Nooooooo. I’ve always admired your quality threads and quality contribution especially as you don’t own a CW. Your desire to learn and make a significant contribution to the CWF community shine through and you’ll be missed.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by StrapMeister »

I echo other members comments...it would be sad to see you go.
One thing I will say is that this Forum can be a very welcome distraction from what life can throw at you whether you contribute or not.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Sorry to hear about your illness Des and I wish you as good a prognosis as is possible.

As others have said hopefully you will still keep in touch here and perhaps post again in the future if you feel like it.

I’ve always enjoyed your posts, you come over as a thoroughly decent and nice guy.

As for which watches you own, CW or otherwise, that’s neither here nor there.

All the best..
Patrick

C1 Morgan Aero 8, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C60 Atoll, C63 Sealander, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way
welshlad
CW-watches: 19

Post by welshlad »

Des, I was very sorry to read your post. I can only echo what everyone else has said - please don't feel that you need to leave entirely. Keep a link open to this community, you never know when you might need that interaction with others.

Whatever you decide, I wish you all the very best with your health issues. And thank you for your fantastic contribution to the forum - so far. :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Des, it has been a pleasure reading your posts. I hope you can find pleasure and comfort in your future.

Best,

Leon
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Greatpotfarm
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Greatpotfarm »

I am very sorry to hear about your health problems and that you have decided to stop partaking in discussions on this forum.
I am a new member, and in the short time I have been part of this virtual space, I have noticed and enjoyed you posts. One of your latest had me laughing my head off (the one about wearing underwear for 17 days straight...) I also found your reply to my post about criticism for one of my watches very on point and encouraging. I was looking forward to your take on the next one.
I certainly wish you would stay on, even if it has to be at a diet level, but I can understand and respect your decision to leave the forum. Your time might be better spent on other endeavours, but please don't leave thinking that you did not fit in because of your lack of a CW (I'm in the same boat) or because you might not reveal a new purchase in the future. As everyone who has already responded, your opinions and discussion contributions were valued and enjoyed, and will be missed.
Dan
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Des, take some time away, concentrate on your own well being, but… if the fancy takes you, pop in occasionally to say hello, you’ve been no a fabulous contributor and not only regarding watches I might add.
Take care mate.
Cheers, Gary
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Noush
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

Mine is an echo of the above, Des, and a heart-felt one. You're a good soul and I'd enjoy spending any amount of time in your company.
Take good care of yourself, and I trust you will make significant progress with the prognosis.

This place will/would be the poorer for your absence and I DO hope you can find some way to join-in in the future.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Just a quick post of thanks from me; thank you all so much for your very kind words, it was really very touching.Three and a half years is a long time; if I'd ordered an anOrdain I'd only have another six months' wait til fulfilment. It's a great community on here where the conversation extends well beyond watches. Many of you have bought smiles to my face over the years when I haven't always been at my best. It'll be hard to keep away indefinitely, maybe I should just keep the door propped open with one of those small watch boxes from Omega.

I'll take some time for myself and see what the new year brings. You really are a wonderful bunch of 'time obsessives'. Thanks so much again.

Des :D
These users thanked the author strapline for the post (total 11):
Bahnstormer_vRSsproughtonnbgJAFOjkbarnesmissFasqwerthiainwelshladThegreyman and one more user
Tested in five positions with no back play whatsoever.
Martin
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by Martin »

Keeping the door propped open would be a very good idea. I have been here for 14 years but have only posted 214 times. (215 now). I quite like it, I think I'll give it another 14 years, if I last that long!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I am late here due to the USA Thanksgiving holiday yesterday as I was only able to read your post and not able to respond.

I too am sorry to hear of your health issues and cannot express my feelings any better that what has already been stated. You come first. However, the criteria for being an inmate here is nothing more than an interest in horology. You have been an active and valuable member and it will be our loss should you no longer post. That said, do not shut us out if being here brings some joy to you. You do not need to post to share the interest.

Your account will remain open and active for as long as you wish. I hope you stay. I think you can see that you have our support.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post:
jkbarnes
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

strapline wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:21 pm ...It'll be hard to keep away indefinitely, maybe I should just keep the door propped open with one of those small watch boxes from Omega.

I'll take some time for myself and see what the new year brings. You really are a wonderful bunch of 'time obsessives'. Thanks so much again.

Des :D
I wish you all the best with your medical condition and hope you will see improvement in your fight against the disease.

But I agree with everyone - just take a break, rest, but leave the door open.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15-SC
Nomos Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen