It was nice while it lasted on tz-uk...

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Osian85
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Osian85 »

Well it's a great shame, I have been banned from tz-uk after an appalling experience with Eddie Platts, owner of Time Factors and the tz-uk forum, where I have made many friends and contributed plenty over the years.

Here's a snapshot of my ban for your amusement...

Would you like to know how that happened? Read on.

It all started when I bought a Smiths Everest watch on the Sales Corner in tz-uk, it was all boxed up nicely and less than a year old, therefore still under warranty. It didn't look to have been abused and apart from a very noisy rotor it ran ok, until a few months later where it stopped running, twice in a week, still less than a year old and still under warranty.
'Ok just contact Time Factors for an inspection/rapair' I hear you say? Well that's where I went wrong apparently, take a look at our conversations (scroll to the bottom and work your way up), its cringe-worthy...

=====================================================================

Eddie,

I don't care, just send me my property back. Let me know how much and how to pay, and send me my property back.

Many thanks,

Mr Barnett.

On 15 Mar 2016, at 1:54 pm, Eddie Platts <eddie.platts@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

My business and profit continues to grow and has grown year on year for 20 years now. In fact, I have more work than I can handle and this growth has been created by my sterling reputation.

You can chalk your own experience up to my low threshold of tolerance for ignorant morons.

Sent: 15 March 2016 12:28
To: eddie.platts@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE

Eddie,

Oh im sorry, I must have missed that part, I must have glossed over it when reading the important stuff and growing more and more frustrated with your 'customer service'. Fear not there's nothing to hide and no reason to withold information;
The watch came from Sales Corner on TZ-UK, a reputable member whom I have dealt with before and trust, and its less than a year old/still in warranty, although that apparently means nothing at all to you, none of which is relevant now I have repeatedly asked for payment details, to pay you some money and have my watch back.

You really haven't got your priorities in order as a business man have you, poor communication, argumentative, unreasonable and for some unknown reason completely unable to provide me with simple payment details. This could have been resolved long ago with no harm done. You have certainly damaged your reputation with me, and now the wider community can make their mind up about you on your own forum.

Many thanks,

Mr Barnett.

On 15 Mar 2016, at 10:58 am, Eddie Platts <eddie.platts@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

You bought the watch second-hand. You do not know its history and I don’t know its history. The majority of warranty repairs I receive are from people who have just bought a second-hand watch with a problem. Many of these problems are not warranty issues because the previous owner has abused or tinkered with the watch, which is why I tried to determine some history but you have consistently refused to tell me where the watch is from. When they have damaged a watch, they move it on and the new owner expects me to fix the problem.

If you won’t tell me where it came from, I suspect there’s a reason why you are withholding this information.

Sent: 15 March 2016 10:39

Eddie,

How many more emails are you going to send without payment details to end the matter?

I haven't invented anything to justify sending the watch back to you, the watch having stopped twice was the main reason in my initial contact with you, read the message again, the noise issue was a side note and not the reason for returning it to you.

So to summarise;
When contacting you about an issue with one of your products, still under warranty, you immediately put your guard up and didn't want to help.
Then eventually agree to take a look but find nothing wrong.
With a blatent issue your end regarding your email account you go on to blame the customer.
You continually refuse to provide me with payment details to resolve the matter.
Next you want payment for investigating a fault, which consisted of taking the back off and saying 'no that all looks fine', while the watch is under warranty.
Then you accuse the customer of making the whole thing up, thanks for that by the way.

I cannot believe your attitude and your tone from start to finish, which is fully documented in these emails.

Im going to ask once more, as politely as ever to please send me your payment details, and cost of return postage, and that will be the end of the matter. If not I will be fully justified in a Hero's and Villains post about this on tz-uk, as I would not want to deal with someone like you having been treated this way.

Many thanks,

Mr Barnett.

On 15 Mar 2016, at 10:03 am, Eddie Platts <eddie.platts@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

What about paying for my time investigating a non-existent problem? Your first contact should have been with the person you bought it off.

I told you that it sounded fine but then you invented something which doesn’t exist to justify sending it back.

Sent: 15 March 2016 09:53

Eddie,

Another email without the simple details I requested to proceed and end the matter, fantastic, thanks for that.

I cannot believe what I am reading from a professional business owner, your customer service is non-existant and your attitude is disgusting.

Why does it matter that I didn't personally buy the watch? It's still under your warranty, so by in sending it back to the person I got it from they would simply have sent it to you anyway.

As for wasting your time with a non-existant problem well, when you offer a product with a warrantee you are obliged to honour it and investigate issues. I would not waste my time and money sending a watch to you that is performing as it should; on at least two occasions the watch stopped working completely, that is an issue to be investigated under the warrantee you offer.

The problem with the other persons email screening service is his/her problem, I do not have an email screening service, my 'junk folder' is empty, and im not having any issues with emails in or out at my end. I am only now receiving emails from you because you are using a different account, further evidence that you have a problem your end.

Can you please, simply, send me, your payment details, and return postage figure, so we can put this to bed, and go on with our lives.

Many, many thanks,

Mr Barnett.

On 15 Mar 2016, at 9:20 am, Eddie Platts <eddie.platts@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

The reason is, you didn’t buy the watch from me and expect me to waste time with a non-existent problem instead of going back to the person you got it from.

The problem with the other person is that he has an e-mail screening service and he clearly hasn’t added me to the list.

Sent: 15 March 2016 08:35

Eddie,

I haven't received any replies from you in some time, not since my first request for payment details etc.

It's clear from the email you sent to me in error this morning that was meant for someone else, that you have a problem with your email system as you state at the beginning "I have replied to every message you have sent and I’m trying another account now." trying another account obviously worked and surely now you can see the problem.

You have been terrible to deal with from the very beginning yet I have remained very patient and polite, can you please simply state in your next reply two things: payment method and payment amount, instead of another combative snappy reply such as this:

"On 15 Mar 2016, at 8:19 am, Eddie Platts <eddie.platts@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
Yes, this was meant for someone else but I have been busy, busy replying to you without any response."

Then we can put all this behind us and I won't darken your doorstep again.

Many thanks,

Mr Barnett.

On 15 Mar 2016, at 8:19 am, Eddie Platts <eddie.platts@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Yes, this was meant for someone else but I have been busy, busy replying to you without any response.

Sent: 15 March 2016 07:56

Eddie,

Thank you for a reply at last, you must have been busy and thats fine.

I think you have your wires crossed however, I think your last reply was for someone else. Please read the full email string.

If you could let me know the cost of return postage and payment method so you can sent my my Smiths Everest back to me please.

Many thanks.

Mr Barnett.

On 15 Mar 2016, at 7:39 am, Eddie Platts <eddie.platts@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

I have replied to every message you have sent and I’m trying another account now.

“I’ve examined the watch.

There are no specks under the crystal, I checked very carefully under a loupe and everything is as it should be. You probably saw marks on the protective sticker which was still in place.

There IS a sticker on the case back and what you claimed were scratches, are marks on the protective sticker which did its job in preventing scratches on the case back.

There’s no point sending another for you to invent problems which don’t exist so I’m issuing a refund.”

The refund was issued last week.

Regards,

Eddie

Sent: 14 March 2016 20:13
To: Time Factors
Subject: Fwd: CUSTOMER SERVICE

Please will you reply to my message's so we can discuss the return of my watch?

Many thanks.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 10 March 2016 at 12:17:31 pm GMT
To: Time Factors <eddie@timefactors.com>
Subject: Fwd: CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hello,

Did you receive my last email?

Let me know how and how much to pay the return postage please.

Osian.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 7 March 2016 at 4:35:12 pm GMT
To: eddie@timefactors.com

Eddie,

Glad to hear the watch is sound inside after all.

Im surprised the packaging was open, it was tightly wrapped in bubblewrap, im shocked to hear Royal Mail have done treated the package like that, it was perfectly sound when I sent it.

As for paying for return postage, you tell me what methods you accept, PayPal? bank transfer? I don't mind. Let me know how much and how.

Many thanks,

Osian.

On 7 Mar 2016, at 3:30 pm, Time Factors <eddie@timefactors.com> wrote:

Your watch arrived on Saturday and I've checked it. The sound is no
different to any other Everest and you can clearly hear the rotor spinning,
I can find no fault with the watch.

I was surprised that you sent the watch by ordinary post, the envelope was
torn and the watch was hanging out of it when I picked it up following
delivery.

How will you pay for return postage?

Regards,

Eddie

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 03 March 2016 16:29

Right il put it in the post, just the watch.

Thanks.

On 3 Mar 2016, at 1:44 pm, Time Factors <eddie@timefactors.com> wrote:

It's possible that the rotor has come off, you'd better let me have it
back for inspection but please don't send the box.

Regards,

Eddie

Sent: 03 March 2016 13:22

Hello,

Yes I understand it can be noisy when rotating and thats fine, perhaps
I didn't explain well; this one rattles when moved side to side,
without the rotor spinning, as if its loose, if it is loose and
perhaps not winding the power reserve then that would explain why it
stopped immediately when taken off the wrist (immediately, not hours
later).

My routine is to wind fully first thing in the morning and theres
plenty of movement through out the day to keep a watch going through
the night when not worn, this one however has stopped as its been
taken off the wrist at the end of the day, I have never had an
automatic watch, including another Smiths Everest, perform so poor.

Perhaps that better explains whats wrong with the watch.

Mr Barnett.

On 3 Mar 2016, at 12:29 pm, Time Factors <eddie@timefactors.com> wrote:

It doesn't sound like it needs repair, the Miyota movement in noted for
being noisy and this isn't to its detriment. Very few people develop
sufficient power reserve to keep a watch running indefinitely by
automatic
winding alone, especially if you take the watch off at night. I always
give my automatic watches a full manual wind after they stop (usually
overnight) and then they will run for approximately 8 days when worn
without needing winding again.

Regards,

Eddie

Sent: 03 March 2016 11:19
Subject: CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hello,

Im having issues with a Smiths Everest watch; it is running fast at
around
15 to 20 seconds per day (which isn't too bad), but also on at least
two occasions it has stopped completely, well before the power
reserve, sometimes when taking off my wrist to put on the bedside for
the
night.

Furthermore it is very rattly inside, not just when the rotor is
turning but when the watch is wobbled from side to side. I know the
rotor can sometimes be a little noisy but not this much, and a
previous version I had was silent.

Its a 2015 watch, 4th March to be exact, number 565/13 and I have the
guarantee card.

I look forward to hearing from you about a possible repair.

Mr Barnett.

======================================================================

So there you have it, your Time Factor warranties are worthless if your not the original owner, and if you have a problem with your watch, God help you!

sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: It was nice while it lasted on tz-uk...

Post by sproughton »

Assuming that's the full email trail, he sounds like a bit of a bell.

Did you get the watch back?
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gbbird »

Blimey, not the sort of person I would like to deal with. Not a patch on the excellent customer service we get from CW.

I hope you get your watch back soon. If not, sue the obnoxious so & so.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Eddie is a well known arrogant A-hole but this is just robbery - he is not giving you your watch back !!

Many, many people have been banned from tzuk for the stupidest of reasons, including people like Heuerville/Stewart, the very nice strap maker.

Also, check your PM.
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Hicksmat »

It does flag one useful thing which is that he points out the constant issues he has with people who have bought a watch 2nd hand and still under warranty and he then implies they may have been altered in some way. Well perhaps or perhaps not but I cannot see any other watch manufacturer giving a crap about how many times a watch has traded hands.

The other issue is that he seems to get a lot of warranty repairs so remind me never to buy a timefactors watch as their reliability doesn't seem so hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

It looks like he got himself completely confused and then decided to punch his way out of the situation rather than stepping back and taking a minute to reflect on the actual problem :thumbdown:

So, did you get the watch back?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

I was going to buy one. Glad I didn't now. They're effectively worthless second hand then, given the non-transferable warranty. I've seen his flippant responses on the forum, but had assumed it's because that's the nature of the place.

Good luck to him and his growing business.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont
chrisw
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by chrisw »

Whoo that's outrageous just about to send a C5 into CW and don't expect anything like that response.
C60 blue
C60 GMT mk2.
C8 mk2 vintage blk
C9 BDD
C15
C70 DType
C65 SWS
Bulova presisionist
Tag Carrera
Rado xeramo
Omega Seamaster
Garrad 9ct
GS SBGX 065
Rolex Datejust
Longine h flagship
Omega Deville coaixal 18ct
Tudor Oyster Royal
Seiko sarb 035
Osian85
Junior
Junior

Post by Osian85 »

I have now been given payment details and paid him to post the watch back to me, so that should be an end to it finally. Shame I lost my good standing in the tz-uk community though, had a lot of great deals with great people there. Ah well onwards and upwards, its hardly the end of the world!

Thanks for the PM blowfish...

Oh and yes its the full email trail, minus bank account details!
sproughton wrote:Assuming that's the full email trail, he sounds like a bit of a bell.

Did you get the watch back?
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

Eddie; Eddie Prat.
There's always time for one more.
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

I've been put off TimeFactor's watches before by his rather obnoxious attitude and unwillingness to accept any fault or criticism.
I'm amazed anyone buys from him.

sproughton summed it up nicely, "bit of a bell..."

End.

Sent from my BiPhone using Twitatwat
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
bobbubka
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by bobbubka »

I'm amazed at the email chain, I can only imagine he's got a perfect business with 100% repeat business.
Sorry to hear of your issues, but thank you for the"heads up".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW C60 600 GMT and C65 Vintage
Rolex 14060M and 114300
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Fancied buying a Smiths Black Shadow - no chance now as can't take the risk of dealing with such a d@#£&ead
Will stick to CW and the wondrous Wera!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I have notified the OP and deleted the Private Message part of the lead post. Regardless of content or the relationship to a topic/post, Private Messages should remain private without consent of parties involved.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I hope Sybil, Polly and Manuel are all fine, the Major hasn't shot anyone and the new chef hasn't vomited on the duck. Sorry, wrong sitcom.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)