It was nice while it lasted on tz-uk...

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Stevil
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Re: It was nice while it lasted on tz-uk...

Post by Stevil »

AdDaMan wrote:Wow. That's spectacular customer service. What a disgusting human.
Will avoid like the plague.
Ditto. Certainly will not be buying anything from him.
Steve
C5 Slimline Purple, C60 GMT, Tudor Black Bay Blue 79220B, Rolex Submariner 114060, Scurfa Diver One Silicon,
Tourby Pilot 42mm Dark Blue, CWC GS Sapphire, Borealis Cascais & Seastorm, Nomos sundial
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

st-rider wrote:
tempusmaximus wrote:...his sterling reputation...
Que ? That's an example of irony, right? ;)
Right :thumbup: :)
Bernie
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

An undeniably sad and sorry tale with, in my humble opinion, neither party covering themselves in glory.

I totally agree that Eddie Platt's responses from a Customer Service perspective are unwarranted, unprofessional and, now that they are in the public domain, damaging to his business. It is though his business and therefore he is only responsible to himself.

I can understand though, from his perspective, that he has received a watch for a warranty repair, in circumstances that have occurred previously (sent in after a recent second hand purchase), on which there was 'no fault found'; and thus feels somewhat peeved at the unprofitable use of his time. Although the fact, from Osian85's report, that the watch stopped on being taken off at the end of a day's wear does seem strange.

Nevertheless, when Eddie wrote "Yes, this was meant for someone else but I have been busy, busy replying to you without any response." would it not have been better for Osian85 to have replied along the lines of "Sorry, but I've not received your replies, for unexplained reasons. If you will please send me details of how to pay for Return Postage I'd be grateful"; instead of telling him he has been 'terrible to deal with' and referring to 'another combative snappy reply' which in itself was IMHO inflammatory and like a red rag to a bull. It is from that point the thread of communication degenerated to its avoidable outcome.

Clearly the outcome of Osian85 being banned from TZ-UK and the loss of goodwill towards Eddie Platt are disappointing. Will it be too much to suggest that some form of 'humble pie' communication from Osian85 to Eddie Platts will, at least, restore membership of TZ-UK?

I trust though that Osian85 gets his Everest back and it runs as sweetly as it should.

Just my two pence worth. :wave:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:I can understand though, from his perspective, that he has received a watch for a warranty repair, in circumstances that have occurred previously (sent in after a recent second hand purchase), on which there was 'no fault found'; and thus feels somewhat peeved at the unprofitable use of his time.
but this is a part of dealing with the public - and has to be factored into your costings...
if a watch company only accepts back watches where the issue is already confirmed then life would be tricky - how do you confirm the issue before receiving it back?!
There are a number of ways of dealing with it...
- clear manuals and guidance so that if something is a normal part of how the watch works, the customer doesn't think it strange / broken...
- maybe a support system online which you ask the customer to use to raise a ticket - good ones will analyse the ticket and suggest answers from the bank of pre-formed Q&As
- a PDF you can email to clients with diagnostics on it - so they can try several things (i.e. the basic things you as manufacturer would check) - most customers would prefer not to have the hassle of packing up a wacth and returning it
- clearly spelled out that you will charge for investigations if there turns out to be no fault etc.

i.e. lots of approaches many retail companies use - not difficult, all can help with tricky situations...
there is never an excuse for outright rudeness - and the exchange above is way out of order for any professional company...

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

akirk wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:I can understand though, from his perspective, that he has received a watch for a warranty repair, in circumstances that have occurred previously (sent in after a recent second hand purchase), on which there was 'no fault found'; and thus feels somewhat peeved at the unprofitable use of his time.
but this is a part of dealing with the public - and has to be factored into your costings...
if a watch company only accepts back watches where the issue is already confirmed then life would be tricky - how do you confirm the issue before receiving it back?!
There are a number of ways of dealing with it...
- clear manuals and guidance so that if something is a normal part of how the watch works, the customer doesn't think it strange / broken...
- maybe a support system online which you ask the customer to use to raise a ticket - good ones will analyse the ticket and suggest answers from the bank of pre-formed Q&As
- a PDF you can email to clients with diagnostics on it - so they can try several things (i.e. the basic things you as manufacturer would check) - most customers would prefer not to have the hassle of packing up a wacth and returning it
- clearly spelled out that you will charge for investigations if there turns out to be no fault etc.

i.e. lots of approaches many retail companies use - not difficult, all can help with tricky situations...
there is never an excuse for outright rudeness - and the exchange above is way out of order for any professional company...

Alasdair
Good and valid points Alasdair. :thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Osian85
Junior
Junior

Post by Osian85 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Clearly the outcome of Osian85 being banned from TZ-UK and the loss of goodwill towards Eddie Platt are disappointing. Will it be too much to suggest that some form of 'humble pie' communication from Osian85 to Eddie Platts will, at least, restore membership of TZ-UK?
Well I don't think that's going to be happening, here was his response on that matter...
(again read from the bottom, upwards).

==============================================================================

You called me unprofessional and threatened to write a report in Heroes & Villains.

You are not a customer, you’ve never bought anything from me. Customer service is reserved for customers. All you’ve done is imagine a problem with a watch you bought second-hand and wasted my time. I don’t want this type of person on my forum.

Sent: 15 March 2016 18:40
To: eddie.platts@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE

Eddie,

Well it is clear to see in all of our correspondance emails that I have remained polite throughout, and that it's you in fact, that has been blunt, rude, combative and uncooperative every step of the way, basically calling me a liar when accusing me of making stories up and continueing to avoid my attempts to resolve the matter.

Im disappointed to have had this experience with you as I thought you would have been helpful, and now I have also lost the use of a great facility in TZ-UK through no fault of my own, I contributed to the forum for years. I can only assume you feel insulted at the comments about your failings to handle this matter but I haven't said anything that isn't true, that's for sure.

Many thanks,

Mr Barnett.

On 15 Mar 2016, at 5:53 pm, Eddie Platts <eddie.platts@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

You insult me and you’re surprised that you’re banned?

==============================================================================

That's me told!

Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

So essentially on TZ-UK everyone is required to pay homage to Eddie, not criticise him or anything to do with him otherwise he slaps on disproportionate punishments? Sounds like a lovely place to be, but shouldn't the site be called TZ-NK?
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:An undeniably sad and sorry tale with, in my humble opinion, neither party covering themselves in glory.

I totally agree that Eddie Platt's responses from a Customer Service perspective are unwarranted, unprofessional and, now that they are in the public domain, damaging to his business.

I can understand though, from his perspective, that he has received a watch for a warranty repair, in circumstances that have occurred previously (sent in after a recent second hand purchase), on which there was 'no fault found'; and thus feels somewhat peeved at the unprofitable use of his time. Although the fact, from Osian85's report, that the watch stopped on being taken off at the end of a day's wear does seem strange.

Nevertheless, when Eddie wrote "Yes, this was meant for someone else but I have been busy, busy replying to you without any response." would it not have been better for Osian85 to have replied along the lines of "Sorry, but I've not received your replies, for unexplained reasons. If you will please send me details of how to pay for Return Postage I'd be grateful"; instead of telling him he has been 'terrible to deal with' and referring to 'another combative snappy reply' which in itself was IMHO inflammatory and like a red rag to a bull. It is from that point the thread of communication degenerated to its avoidable outcome.

Clearly the outcome of Osian85 being banned from TZ-UK and the loss of goodwill towards Eddie Platt are disappointing. Will it be too much to suggest that some form of 'humble pie' communication from Osian85 to Eddie Platts will, at least, restore membership of TZ-UK?

I trust though that Osian85 gets his Everest back and it runs as sweetly as it should.

Just my two pence worth. :wave:

Guy
I'm gonna have to disagree with most of what you said here Guy. The watch has a warranty and unless it specifically says on the papers that this is not transferable to other owners (which I don't believe it does) well it should be covered for repairs, unless it's been run over by a steamroller.
Whether or not the supplier/manufacturer/agent or whatever is under the kosh is not relevant. The guy went of the deep end which he should not have done as I see it. Take on and train more staff to deal with any problems or get out if you're drowning.
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
Meldrew2
Senior
Senior

Post by Meldrew2 »

Clearly Eddie is a graduate of Michael O'Leary's charm school.

I think the appropriate descriptive noun is "cockwomble"

Thanks for sharing - it's certainly a good idea to avoid buying his products - life's too short to deal with that level of agression. Also clearly worth avoiding tz-uk.

For a similar reason, I happily fly regularly with easyJet but never, never ever again, with Ryanair.
Regularly worn - but listed in no particular order
CW C60 316L limited edition
Omega Seamaster Pro 300m
Breitling Aerospace
CW C60 Trident Pro (London logo)
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

You are not a customer, you’ve never bought anything from me. Customer service is reserved for customers. All you’ve done is imagine a problem with a watch you bought second-hand and wasted my time. I don’t want this type of person on my forum.
The emphasis is mine.

Yikes. You can learn a lot about a person by the language with which they choose to express themselves.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Having read his personal 'bio' I can now understand where his abrasive attitude comes from.
Sadly, he's also a son of Sheffield - apologies to the rest of the world for that one!
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

nbg wrote:Bit of a shame being banned, as it's a great forum with the most overall watch knowledge I have seen anywhere.

Neil

Great forum or not, independent forum or not, the fact remains that leaving an online forum is like taking your hand out of a bucket of water.

And, yes, I realise that the primary issue is the watch, not the forum membership. :problem:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20FLE
Some other brands
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

tikkathree wrote: Great forum or not, independent forum or not, the fact remains that leaving an online forum is like taking your hand out of a bucket of water.

And, yes, I realise that the primary issue is the watch, not the forum membership. :problem:
Every day is a school day - .... "like taking your hand out of a bucket of water" is not an expression that I have previously heard. :lol:
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

nbg wrote:
tikkathree wrote: Great forum or not, independent forum or not, the fact remains that leaving an online forum is like taking your hand out of a bucket of water.

Every day is a school day - .... "like taking your hand out of a bucket of water" is not an expression that I have previously heard. :lol:
Me neither. Care to explain Pete for this soft Scouse git ? :lol:
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Serlo »

I think it means that the void you leave behind (if you take your hand out of the bucket) is how much you will be missed. I'd certainly miss some people if they were banned.
Andreas