Is a watch winder more harmful or beneficial?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
agong
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Is a watch winder more harmful or beneficial?

Post by agong »

I've always wanted to get a watch winder, not only for the practical winding of watch, but it looks really nice having a watch in it! But I've read somewhere that watch winder can be harmful since it might induce some magnetic field or influence to the watch that might affect the watch's accuracy. Is this true? What are some things to look out for when buying a watch winder? Thank you so much!
Current: Casio Edifice, Hamilton Khaki Divers, CW C5 Malvern Auto, Daniel Roth Metropolitan Cities, JLC Master Control,
In loving memory: Alpina Avalanche Extreme Regulator, Zenith Port Royal Elite, ARNOLD & SON HMS, Gerald Genta Retro Sports
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Re: Is a watch winder more harmful or beneficial?

Post by Mr Rick »

Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
agong
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: Is a watch winder more harmful or beneficial?

Post by agong »

Ooo. Thanks for the info! So the Piccolo watch winder has no magnetic field. And indeed it will be helpful in the lifespan of the watch!
Current: Casio Edifice, Hamilton Khaki Divers, CW C5 Malvern Auto, Daniel Roth Metropolitan Cities, JLC Master Control,
In loving memory: Alpina Avalanche Extreme Regulator, Zenith Port Royal Elite, ARNOLD & SON HMS, Gerald Genta Retro Sports