I'm back: an apology and an explanation.

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: I'm back: an apology and an explanation.

Post by jimbo »

Humbling to read your post....many of us see a little of ourselves in the post......I have not gone as far as you, and a short while ago realised I was going too far at some 12/13 watches.

I work self employed on my own, am in and out of the house all day, and for company switch onto the forum for some banter and "contact" with others. The banter on here is refreshing and stress relieving, but at the same time stopping me from doing those chores i could be getting off with. So welcome back, you "dog" story has some legs, :lol: and should be of amusement to the rest of us.......hope all turns out ok

regards Jimbo
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

I know that I am late in responding to this post, but I wanted to chime in and say that I'm happy that x-trip is back! Here's to happy and healthy forum browsing! Everything in moderation...
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Cheers Peteo and all the rest of you for the warm "Welcome back". Still fighting the "urges" and contemplated silly moves again yesterday... but I managed to talk myself out of them. I can see this is going to be an ongoing struggle for some time. I've got the wants again for a B'ling and a Rolex and the FLE and have decided to compromise in so much as I'm going to try and buy all three this year, but only those three this year.

It'll never happen but I can but do my best!
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by Jammy Devil »

Welcome back to Lorn, too. :wave:
Its good to see Mrs. x-t posting here again :rollsmile:
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

xtriple wrote:Cheers Peteo and all the rest of you for the warm "Welcome back". Still fighting the "urges" and contemplated silly moves again yesterday... but I managed to talk myself out of them. I can see this is going to be an ongoing struggle for some time. I've got the wants again for a B'ling and a Rolex and the FLE and have decided to compromise in so much as I'm going to try and buy all three this year, but only those three this year.

It'll never happen but I can but do my best!
I'm also on a 3-watch plan this year. If all goes as it should, my additions will be my Steinhart Nav DLC (already incoming), my 2012 FLE Red, and whatever comes down the road as CWL FLE #2 for 2012. If there's no 2nd FLE or if I just don't like it, then I'll have some wiggle room. Luckily, nothing in the regular CWL line up excites me too much right now (thanks to downer for curing me of my C90 Becketts lust), so I think I have a decent chance to stick to my plan. That'll bring me up to an even 10, and a full watch box. I think that'll be a nice way to end 2012.

Maybe you and I can check in with each other when the urge strikes to have someone to talk us out of it. :)
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue