I'm back: an apology and an explanation.

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

I'm back: an apology and an explanation.

Post by Clarky »

Mr Rick wrote:Welcome back Mr X,

I'll bet some of us see ourselves in what you say. I know I do. And I'll take your comments as a sober warning of how close I have come to putting myself in the same situation. Thanks for the wake up call.
Yep I can second that. It can be very addictive this watch lark.
I think I was heading the same way last year, but luckily the reality check kicked me in the butt before I was too late, and I sold off a load of watches that I found I didn't wear that often.

Good to see you are back XT, take it easy fella :)
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: I'm back: an apology and an explanation.

Post by jmarchitect »

Welcome back Xt and well done for setting yourself on the path to recovery. I appreciate how difficult it must have been to provide an honest explanation for your absence and hope that in doing so, you can see a way clear way forward.

Let's all try to help Xt from now on.

So. 40 watches eh? How about a 'state of the collection' picture series? Putting that together, with a detailed explanation of where you got the piece should keep you occupied for a long while. Once you have done that, I will come up with something else to keep you occupied. Before you know it, you will have gone at least six months without a purchase. 8)
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Jammy Devil »

Welcome home :wave: :wave: :wave:

Some pictures of Chester please, we need to see how much weight he has put on in the last month :lol:
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Wis »

Welcome back. Good to see you again. Glad you have sorted things out. :thumbup:
Bjørn
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

eh oop...that's the first New Year's Resolution i've heard anyone actually keeping :)

As an idea which will still allow you to buy watches and thus try different ones out,how about selling a 'number' of the watches you currently have. Allocate the proceeds to a specific account/fund whatever...then only use that fund to buy watches...you will have to sell to replenish the fund,thus keeping you within limits. Also,it gives you the opportunity to try a wide range of watches.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Jammy Devil wrote:Welcome home :wave: :wave: :wave:

Some pictures of Chester please, we need to see how much weight he has put on in the last month :lol:
He's put on loads! Unfortunately, the Vet has told him (us) he needs to LOSE weight! He has, unfortunately contracted "Elbow dysplasia" which is where the bones of his elbow are not growing uniformly and he has a severe limp! He's a VERYunhappy little chap as he is on total house arrest (no walks at all and on his lead in the garden!) and also on a diet... though I'm a very bad Daddy and keep giving him treats when Lorn and Phoebe are out on their walks as he gets very VERY upset and howls the place down, won't settle and just wanders around looking sad and unhappy.

He's on some pretty strong meds of his own as well and he was improving quite nicely until he jumped off the sofa (I think) and there was an almighty "Yelp" and he's now limping badly again :(

If no improvement in a fortnight then any watch fund I may have had will disappear rapidly as it'll be operations and his insurance only covers him up to a thousand quid and estimates for his treatment run up to four grand!

So at the moment we are looking for doggy knee braces and a pram to push him around in so he's not so bored! Anyone got an old pram or similar they don't want?

At this precise moment, he's lying on his back with a leather bone in his mouth chomping away merrily, totally oblivious to the anguish he's causing us! At least Phoebe is happier as he's not hanging off her neck all the time!

In other news: Lorn is the same fat happy lump as always, still wearing her Omega or my Breitling exclusively (her ladies watches "may" be up for sale shortly), Pheebs is perfect and getting cleverer by the day (she's now taught herself how to play football and kicks the ball to me!) and the car just cost me a fortune as the stereo packed up (Godamn clever piece of crap that's all touch screen and DVD player) and had to be replaced with.... pretty much the same again as it has to run the factory CD changer in the boot. A tad pricy :(

Sick of you lot already as reading thirty days of posts has fair worn me out... and I want a Breitling again! Damnit! Anyone a member the RLT forum?
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

xtriple wrote:Anyone a member the RLT forum?
Yes...being a member there will definitely calm any thoughts down...its very quiet.
I very rarely go there.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

Glad your back, ye old git. :lol:
Graham
mikepj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by mikepj »

Welcome back Dave.

Now, on to more important things

Where are my bl@@dy mince pies :lol:
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

village wrote:
Yes...being a member there will definitely calm any thoughts down...its very quiet.
I very rarely go there.
Could you go on there and ask the bloke selling the Breitling 3100 quartz if he fancies a swop for Tag Heuer F1?
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

mikepj wrote:Welcome back Dave.

Now, on to more important things

Where are my bl@@dy mince pies :lol:
All eaten mate :oops: Mind you, they weren't up to the usual standard as she used "Posh" mincemeat and they came out horrible so you didn't really miss out.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

xtriple wrote:
village wrote:
I very rarely go there.
Could you go on there and ask the bloke selling the Breitling 3100 quartz if he fancies a swop for Tag Heuer F1?

I can if you want...can you pm me details and pictures of the F1 and a link to the sales/trade post.
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by AliBar »

XT... welcome back. Whilst we never really exchanged any real direct banter, rest assured, whenever I spotted new posts from youself I could almost guarantee that it would be an entertaining view on the trials of life, dogs, Lorn's adornments and even watches. One of this forums serious characters and I look forward to seeing regular posts again. :thumbup:
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Welcome back XT.

Since you've been away I've made the decision to reduce my collection down to 3 watches (and I'm almost there!).

As I've reduced the collection I've found I love the remaining ones more. I still spend a great deal of time thinking about and looking at watches, but the reduction thing is working for me at the mo.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Welcome back, a brave post and one that is recognisable to many here,

I think I bought at least 20 watches in the first 'manic ' year on CWL and after reaching 35 watches decided , as did you, to "Calm Down' (in me best spouse accent).

Last year was only 2 watches, this year I've only got one planned(FLE).

So, let's beat this together..."...."now where did I put that 0% application form"?

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson