I don't know if I'm batting or bowling !

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

I don't know if I'm batting or bowling !

Post by magicman »

Good Morning

I sometimes needlessly over complicate my life, I don't know why I do it, because I don't function well when overwhelmed.
My current situation is not self-inflicted, but rather a result of unforseen circumstances, on top of a general build up of tasks that would be easy to deal with under normal conditions.

There's watch stuff.
Car stuff.
Work stuff.
Holiday stuff.
Friends and Family stuff.
House stuff.
Health stuff.
Etc.....

I was getting a bit worried as a couple of Weeks ago a single Magpie entered my life and followed me where ever I went.
I got repetitive strain from continually saluting him/her.
I was away golfing when, my my playing partners started laughing on the tee-box mid backswing.
Apparently my Magpie friend flew right across me as I swung.
But now I've decided to follow the Feng Shui, which embraces the single Magpie as a bringer of luck and wealth.
And I'm embracing the current chaotic period, with a sense of excitement, rather than Dread.
Just writing this down, has helped.

Regards Steve
Selling
CW C8 Revival

CW 12 Glacier Blue
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Re: I don't know if I'm batting or bowling !

Post by missF »

I would never worry if a single bird started following me around and messing with my golf swing. But I would certainly notice it too. Perhaps something’s afoot. But don’t worry. Remember- if your heart rate is 150 there are different possibilities- you’re going to the dentist or you’ve just bought your grail watch :D
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Steve, a couple of years ago I went through a very dark period when I felt completely painted into a corner and couldn’t see a way out. Eventually I summoned up the courage (needed it, believe me) to sit down and have a long, tearful conversation on the phone with someone I knew I could trust. It was the first very important step in turning things around.

Whatever it is mate, don’t bottle it up. We tend to assume that people won’t want to know or help, or will be dismissive of or scornful about our feelings. That assumption is usually 100% wrong. All the stuff about big boys don’t cry, man up, grow a pair, stiff upper lip etc. – forget it. My friends didn’t realise I needed help because I had become very good at hiding it and appearing to be the one who was always in control.

Find someone you know you can confide in and tell them what’s on your mind. Good luck, mate. Your forum friends are with you.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 2):
Bahnstormer_vRSrkovars
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

magicman wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:46 am Just writing this down, has helped.

Regards Steve
It’s amazing how that works, as I can attest to with recents posts of mine. Hang in there, Steve. This too shall pass.
Drew
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:28 am Eventually I summoned up the courage (needed it, believe me) to sit down and have a long, tearful conversation on the phone with someone I knew I could trust. It was the first very important step in turning things around.

Find someone you know you can confide in and tell them what’s on your mind. Good luck, mate. Your forum friends are with you.
I can attest to this! Just yesterday I finally worked up the strength to approach someone at work for help with an issue that had been hanging over me like the sword of Damocles (and the primary issue behind recent posts). Just walking up to her office to talk caused a knot in my stomach and almost brought on a panic attack.

It made a difference though, to talk with her. Talking always helps!
Drew
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Both Steve and Drews comments are spot on..
Definitely not being flippant but to extend your analogy, if you didn't know if you were batting or bowling, talking to an experienced coach or trusted teammate would help to straighten things out in your head and determine next steps.
These users thanked the author Soporsche for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesBahnstormer_vRS
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I can empathise with you Steve and, as I've advocated in the past, 'a problem shared is a problem halved'; I feel you're well on the way with that already by posting here.

So much good advice so far but my spin on your situation in dealing with all your 'stuffs'; sit down, make a list, think of what is important and must be done, then look at what ought be done, prioritise and work from there. Kind of put it into bite size bits.

Hopefully you'll get straightened up in no time.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
rkovars
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

missF wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:23 am You’re going to the dentist or you’ve just bought your grail watch :D
Watch this Space, got a trip to Watches of Switzerland tomorrow.

Regards Steve
Selling
CW C8 Revival

CW 12 Glacier Blue
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:28 am Find someone you know you can confide in and tell them what’s on your mind. Good luck, mate. Your forum friends are with you.
Thanks so much, I spend time with my best mate 5 days a week, usually.
Today we had a day working, eating and checking out the Superyacht by Tower Bridge.
Then finished off with a couple of Pints back home.

Regards Steve
Selling
CW C8 Revival

CW 12 Glacier Blue
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:26 am [

It made a difference though, to talk with her. Talking always helps!
Drew, I had a good chat with 2 close friends today, it was simple chat, but very helpful.

Regards Steve
These users thanked the author magicman for the post (total 2):
jkbarnestikkathree
Selling
CW C8 Revival

CW 12 Glacier Blue
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Soporsche wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:51 am Both Steve and Drews comments are spot on..
Definitely not being flippant but to extend your analogy, if you didn't know if you were batting or bowling, talking to an experienced coach or trusted teammate would help to straighten things out in your head and determine next steps.
Definitely, wise words and much appreciated.

Regards Steve
These users thanked the author magicman for the post:
Soporsche
Selling
CW C8 Revival

CW 12 Glacier Blue
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:21 pm
So much good advice so far but my spin on your situation in dealing with all your 'stuffs'; sit down, make a list, think of what is important and must be done, then look at what ought be done, prioritise and work from there. Kind of put it into bite size bits.

Hopefully you'll get straightened up in no time.

Guy
Thanks, luckily I've got some free time to do get myself organised, and the help I've received today, has certainly made things a lot easier. I think having lots of stuff to do, has focused me, rather than what normally happens, which is to overthink and not actually get to grips with the to do list.

Regards Steve
Selling
CW C8 Revival

CW 12 Glacier Blue
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:21 pm 'a problem shared is a problem halved'
That’s brilliant. I’m filing this away to tell myself when I need it most.
Drew
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

magicman wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:15 pm …rather than what normally happens, which is to overthink and not actually get to grips with the to do list.
That’s the story of my life. It’s ingrained in me and hard for me to overcome without outside help.

I’ll add one other consideration none of us have mentioned yet. I also struggle to overcome the “I don’t want to burden someone else with my problems” mentality. That’s really hard to get past sometimes, and has been the biggest thing working against me this year.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
magicman
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:55 pm I’ll add one other consideration none of us have mentioned yet. I also struggle to overcome the “I don’t want to burden someone else with my problems” mentality.
An interesting observation, Drew. In my case it was more like not wanting people to see or realise that I had a weakness or a gap in the armour, so to speak. My counsellor drew out of me that there were two different characters at odds here, the real me and the one who wanted to be seen as Superman. Superman had spent years locking the real me into a cupboard under the stairs, Harry Potter fashion, and telling him to shut up.

Sorry, Steve, don’t want to hijack your thread but I think these things are all relevant in a way.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)