How tight is your preference for a bracelet?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
abeardsley2020
Senior
Senior

How tight is your preference for a bracelet?

Post by abeardsley2020 »

As the title suggests how tight do you wear your Watch bracelet? Index finger space underneath. Non of my watches sit behind behind wrist bone as my bone is pretty flat.

Anyone prefer comfort of leather over bracelet?
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Re: How tight is your preference for a bracelet?

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

I wear mine pretty tight. I don't like any movement.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Dynamite_Kid19 for the post:
NigelS
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Quite loose but not jangly-bangly. That applies to bracelets and straps. I mainly wear leather straps in cooler weather. Bracelets and hybrids in summer.

The way my C63 bracelet is set up is about perfect. Fully closed it’s just about wearable but very snug, so I tend not to use it. Fully open it’s still wearable but looser than I prefer, unless it’s very warm and humid. Position three is Goldilocks, and I use the two intermediate ones occasionally. And the clasp sits very nicely under my wrist.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
NigelS
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by NigelS »

The problem is heat - not the day but the arm! If its a good fit when I get up in the morning, then a dog walk and chop some logs and its too tight. If its too loose first thing then it rides up over my prominent wrist bone and makes it sore. The most comfortable bracelet I have is a grains-of-rice on a cheap-as-chips Seiko Diver, probably because it has so much movement it can conform to the shape of my wrist.

IMG_9878.jpg
'Life is Art, and not otherwise' C.S.Lewis
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Index-finger loose for both bracelets and straps.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
welshlad
CW-watches: 24

Post by welshlad »

Index-finger loose for me too, for bracelets, but a snug index-finger rather than a loose one, if that makes sense. Slightly looser for rubber straps, otherwise they irritate my skin. I don't wear leather straps at all, unless they have a hypoallergenic lining (rare).
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I can't get a finger under my bracelet, but it's just loose enough to slide along and not indent the wrist, if that makes sense. So I do like a tool-less micro adjustment feature.

With most leather straps I find I could do with an additional hole.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ajax87 »

Tight. Like a tiger. No movement. I get indents on my wrist from the bracelet, clasp, and caseback. I do not notice it when wearing. I can't stand it moving around up or down or around on my wrist, or moving up on my prominent wrist bone.
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post:
NigelS
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
MistaFroggyG
Guru
Guru

Post by MistaFroggyG »

My preference used to be tight enough so no movement (from Apple Watch days, so it was easy to get)

With watches (except my Sealander), I can’t get a perfect fit. So barely fitting two fingers under is my preference. Some watches will move at that tightness, so they’ll either get another strap or go on a NATO. The NATO is my go-to for fixing fitment issues.
Paaashaas

Post by Paaashaas »

I prefer them pretty tight. Just the tip of my pink finger can slip underneath.
Enjoy your time
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

I feel icky about having a bracelet or strap so tight it cannot move at all... I want to wear my watches, not meld with them :lol:
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by iain »

I’ve been back and forth over the years with how I prefer my bracelets.

For a heavy watch it’s got to be snug to stop it sliding around, especially up and down my arm. Therefore I now only want a heavy watch if I can adjust the bracelet as my wrist swells to retain comfort.

For a lighter watch I’m happy with it moving about and wear them quite loose to account for swelling without having to adjust them. My IWC MKXVIII has a microadjust but I tend to not really use it as I just wear it loose all the time so it never gets too tight.

As long as I can’t rotate it round my wrist 360 degrees then I’m happy with it flapping about.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

missF wrote:I feel icky about having a bracelet or strap so tight it cannot move at all... I want to wear my watches, not meld with them Image
And I literally want my watch to be a part of me lol. I like it tight but my wrist still needs to be able to articulate and not feel like I'm going to pop the clasp open. I have had issues with screws becoming loosened which is annoying.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Dynamite_Kid19 for the post:
missF