Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Help with replying, Please.

Post by magicman »

Good Morning

I'm trying to reply to various points raised on another thread, but when I am in the reply screen, there is only 15 of the latest posts, below the reply box.

So for example. The thread has 22 posts but I'm missing the top 7 when opening the reply window.

Is this standard, or is there a way of displaying them all ?

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Help with replying, Please.

Post by suicidal_orange »

I can't see any way of changing or extending the 15 posts you see either (though I just woke up so someone may correct me later :oops:)

Instead of clicking "post reply" you can click on the " button next to the "thanks" thumb on a post to open a reply to it in a new tab then add more from below. Or if you want two older posts middle click " on the oldest to open the reply in a new tab and go back to the first tab and click on the " button for other posts and copy/paste them into the reply box on the second tab, repeat as required. A bit clunky but it works :thumbup:
These users thanked the author suicidal_orange for the post:
magicman
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Help with replying, Please.

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

It’s something I have noticed before, Steve. I just tried it again on a longer thread and get the same result. One thing I do occasionally is to have the thread open on a separate tab so that I can navigate through it if I want to quote or refer to several posts. it’s a bit cumbersome but then I can click the quote button, highlight, copy into my reply and trim as necessary so as to quote only the relevant bit.

As I say it’s fiddly but I can’t see a better solution.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
magicman
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)