Help getting a bracelet comfortable

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
abeardsley2020
Senior
Senior

Help getting a bracelet comfortable

Post by abeardsley2020 »

This is either 1 of two things. I just don’t get on with bracelets or I’m setting them wrong.
Got a c65 bracelet with on fly adjustment. Bracelets all
Seem to hurt my wrist. I end up with red indent marks especially around the edge of my wrist even when the bracelet is loose. If the Watch is too loose just sits against my hand and I get indent marks.

Any suggestions on fitting? I have zero chance of keeping it above my wrist bone it’s really flat all watches slide down sadly no matter how tight I wear them.
abeardsley2020
Senior
Senior

Re: Help getting a bracelet comfortable

Post by abeardsley2020 »

Tried making 6 side smaller and 12 longer
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

abeardsley2020 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:11 pm Tried making 6 side smaller and 12 longer
Has that helped ?
I had a similar issue, with being between sizes, so I had it on the looser fit and actually lined the bracelet with 1mm silicone tape, which worked for me.

Regards Steve
Selling
CW C8 Revival

CW 12 Glacier Blue
NigelS
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by NigelS »

I have four watches with bracelets, two are going on eBay as soon as I return from my hols, one I've replaced with a strap and the only one which is comfortable is a Seiko SKX which is a Jubilee (rice-grain) bracelet, I think it fits well because it is not rigid but can twist to conform to my boney wrist
'Life is Art, and not otherwise' C.S.Lewis
abeardsley2020
Senior
Senior

Post by abeardsley2020 »

I have given up I think you know what you like. Mesh straps I find very comfortable and leather and rubber etc oyster style nope.
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Not sure of the logic behind this but my dad had a bracelet that was uncomfortable / didn’t fit right. I turned the bracelet ‘round’ for him and he has had no problems since. My dad has a very small wrist if that has anything to do with it.
ziphos
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by ziphos »

How heavy are the watches that cause problems?

I have several bracelet watches and the only ones I have problems with are the ones with chunky, heavy bracelets. Those that are lightweight or made from titanium are very comfortable.

I also have the 12 end of the bracelet longer than the 6 end, makes a big difference.
CW C60 pro 300, C60 pro 600, C60 pro 600 GMT, C60 Titanium V2, C65 Trident Classic, C7 Rapide, C63
Omega Speedmaster Professional, Speedmaster Racing, Seamaster (1950's)
Breitling 2x Aerospace
Also: Borealis Bulova Casio Scurfa