He Who Hesitates Is Lost

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Re: He Who Hesitates Is Lost

Post by xtriple »

scooter wrote:Crikey androo, that's a lot. No pictures required of said feet, I hasten to add. They sound horrible enough as it is and I've got a thing about feet. Basically I don't like them.

Why do I feel worse today than I did yesterday?

scooter
I hate feet as well. The only good thing about them is: they stop your legs from fraying!

You often feel worse when it's had a bit of time to sink in. But, you will feel better tomorrow. Trust me, I'm a Doctor 8)
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Thanks xt mate

The trouble is though that the true horror of it all is just dawning on me.

This was a 9 month old scooter, in the right colour that had done 400 miles. It was up for £2850 and the guy before putting it on the Bay said he would take offers. The same 2012 scoot will cost me £4149, another sodding £1300!! I could have bought it any day between last Saturday and Thursday night when it was solely on TZ SC.

He said I could have it if the guy from Notts couldn't do the deal. That was yesterday. Today he texted to say he had received the money and the guy was collecting early next week.

I am so fed up I am seriously considering selling my Tissot PRS 516 Automatic, my C80 Sector, my C2 2009 FLE and my 2006 Air King and just keep my C5A Mark 2 and 2012 FLE #1 blue scooter.

I went to Bournemouth today with my wife to try and cheer myself up. That was a joke. I couldn't even be arsed to window shop in Michael Matthews nor Charles Fox. Now that's a first. I am inconsolable at the moment and not hugely great company.

I'll say now that if anyone tells me to get over it I may well send them a very unpleasant PM. I'm just unloading my frustrations and know I have to, and will.

A very fed up, sick as a pig, incandescent with rage....scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Blimey Scoot, you have got it bad mate!

But, if you're so pee'd off that you are flogging all your watches off cheap, remember me when thinking of the Airking :lol:

Many years ago, I tried to buy a Mk11 ford Cortina "Twin Cam". I made an offer which was accepted, raced over to my Grandparents house (about 30 miles) to borrow the money, raced back, and the bugger had sold it out from under me! He said it was "'cos I was only a lad and he didn't think I'd come back!" I was fekkin' incandescent with rage and all for lamping the guy ( and he was bigger than me) and my mate who I'd picked up to drive my old car home for me, had to drag me away.

To make matters worse, the bloody car ended up about three streets away from where I lived and on the route that I took the dog for a walk, and I saw it daily.

After a few weeks of being utterly sickened by the sight of it, I twigged that it appeared not to have moved for a while so I started to pay attention to its position. A few more weeks went by and finally, the man of the house was in his garden as I went past, so I asked him... He'd only had it three days before the bugger blew up!

I was much happier after that :lol:

Keep yer chin up Scoot.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by Jammy Devil »

scooter wrote: ..... when it was solely on TZ SC.
The first time I read this I thought "TZ SC" was a Scottish version of "TZ-UK" - :oops:
Sorry to hear about your troubles, scooter. Go out for a nice long Sunday ride tomorrow.

:D
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

androo wrote: It is amazing how many people tell you "I have only just sold it" or "I sold it only this morning" Like you care that you missed it by seconds and it makes all the difference. Or do they do it cos they know it makes you feel a bit worse and in reality they are just evil
This reminds me of my time in sales. A know it all, usually arrogant, customer would make you an offer on something that you would decline.....he would then say I'll comeback next week...you will take my offer under consideration then.... or he would say I'll wait...no one will buy it by next week.

He comes back and you take great joy in telling him it just sold and you have no more.....

Just a story from the other side of the counter... :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.