Fratello Article about Rolex availability.

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Fratello Article about Rolex availability.

Post by JAFO »

Fratello have an interesting article about Rolexes becoming less hard to get just out today. It wouldn't surprise me if they have picked the wrong time to step up production. Maybe a lot of top brands might be deciding they've pushed list prices too far.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/the-cal ... you-think/
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post (total 3):
golfjunkyThunder1thomcat00
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Fratello Article about Rolex availability.

Post by rkovars »

I don't think so. The demand is still above production levels. Plus we have no idea what is coming from Rolex in the long term. It may be that creating new production lines wholesale makes more sense than retrofitting existing lines for whatever they want to build in the future. Only time will tell.

I guess one tell would be if construction on the longest projected project gets put on hold. That would be an indicator that they do not currently need the capacity.

Some of Rolex demand is also waning because of economic conditions around the world especially in Asia. Fewer watches to Asia and Russia means more watches available for other markets.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
Thunder1
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I doubt very much that Rolex will make a mistake with their production numbers.

But yes many brands will realise the hard way that they have pushed their prices too far.

It seems to me that the rationale for many brands price increases was “well you can’t get the Rolex you want, without resorting to paying over RRP in the grey market, so how about buying this one instead (a watch we have ramped the RRP on to make it seem closer to Rolex quality than it is)”…

Yes new Rolex will become more available at ADs, as many Del Boy dealers and flippers leave the pitch, now that the secondary market madness of 2022 has cooled.

Coincidentally I had a call from a watch shop about half an hour ago, offering me a watch that I asked about in May.

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post:
Thunder1
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Silverfox777

Post by Silverfox777 »

But with the Bucherer purchase and many AD relationships effectively being ‘lost’ does it in fact make these watches harder to obtain?