Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

For downer (and other Bremont Fanboys)

Post by Peteo »

Shouldn't be long now.... (we hope)

I'm encouraged by the slim profile of the watch. Hope that will help it wear a bit smaller. More photos here:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f444/bremo ... 55932.html
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: For downer (and other Bremont Fanboys)

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

Wow, a Bremont I actually like - really quite a lot.........
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
downer

Post by downer »

Thanks for the pic. It is an awesome watch. I admit I've become a bit impatient for this one to arrive and recently I noticed one of the on-line retailers quoting "order now for November delivery".... :shock:

Having said that, today I found one of these (pic courtesy Alt1tude forum)..

available second hand for around the same price as the Solo....

Gave me pause for thought for a while, but I decided I don't need another chrono.
Richard
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

downer wrote: but I decided I don't need another chrono.
What's 'need' got to do with it? :lol:
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
downer

Post by downer »

village wrote:
Not a lot, to be honest. :)
Richard
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

village wrote:
I echo village's question. Plus, isn't this the second time in not very long that an Alt1-C has caught your attention? Seems to me that if it catches your attention a third time, that might be a sign from the Watch Gods that you really ought to just get on with it and get yourself one. :)
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

downer wrote:Thanks for the pic. It is an awesome watch. I admit I've become a bit impatient for this one to arrive and recently I noticed one of the on-line retailers quoting "order now for November delivery".... :shock:
I'm starting to twitch a bit myself. I fired off an e-mail to my local AD asking if he had any information on when he could expect one in the store. He's looking into it. I'm guarding myself against the possibility that the two version of the White Solo might have me square in the middle of no-man's land with 37mm being too small and 43mm being too big. I really don't want to spend that kind of money on something that doesn't strike me as close to perfect.

I think the smart, pragmatic, if sobering thing to do is to build myself up against disappointment.

Oh, Watch Gods, heed my prayer... [-o<
Peteo
downer

Post by downer »

I agree. Expect to be disappointed and maybe you'll be surprised.

One good thing about your AD... If you go there and don't like the Solo, you are GUARANTEED to come out with something else. That guy is persuasive and he has a great inventory!
Richard
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

downer wrote:
One good thing about your AD... If you go there and don't like the Solo, you are GUARANTEED to come out with something else. That guy is persuasive and he has a great inventory!
That certainly is the "good thing" about my AD, yeah. Steve is very persuasive, and he's pretty willing to give his customers [what seem to be] good deals. I appreciated the fact that he was honest with me that he thought the SuperMarine was not really right for me. Luckily, while the shop's inventory is certainly large, half of it is brands that I'm not particularly interested in especially now that I've crossed Ball off my list (I honestly almost wrote "especially now that I've scratched my Ball itch" there. :oops: ). I could easily see myself walking out with a Bell & Ross or a TWC though.

I must resist!
Peteo
downer

Post by downer »

Peteo wrote:
downer wrote:
That certainly is the "good thing" about my AD, yeah. Steve is very persuasive, and he's pretty willing to give his customers [what seem to be] good deals. I appreciated the fact that he was honest with me that he thought the SuperMarine was not really right for me. Luckily, while the shop's inventory is certainly large, half of it is brands that I'm not particularly interested in especially now that I've crossed Ball of my list (I honestly almost wrote "especially now that I've scratched my Ball itch" there. :oops: ). I could easily see myself walking out with a Bell & Ross or a TWC though.

I must resist!
I think (if the Bremont is not suitable) there is a TWC with your name on it. :)
Richard
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

downer wrote:
I think (if the Bremont is not suitable) there is a TWC with your name on it. :)
Aye. I think you're right about that. I keep coming back to the TWC Pride II. Limited to 100 pieces and part of my hometown heritage in some non-trite way.

And retails for $100 less than the Solo. A bargain, I say!
Peteo
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

They forgot the black hands when they copied the C5A. Other than that it's a fine looking watch. Fantastic case as always, and I'm sure it will have that quality feel that Bremont does so well.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
downer

Post by downer »

I have heard (via a third party) that the White solo will be released for sale from next week. :thumbup:
Richard
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

downer wrote:I have heard (via a third party) that the White solo will be released for sale from next week. :thumbup:
No word back from my AD. Are you going to rush out next week then? Or maybe engage in some masochism just to see how long you can hold out?
Peteo
downer

Post by downer »

Peteo wrote:
downer wrote:I have heard (via a third party) that the White solo will be released for sale from next week. :thumbup:
No word back from my AD. Are you going to rush out next week then? Or maybe engage in some masochism just to see how long you can hold out?
Well, I am travelling a fair bit with work over the next few weeks, but......... if I get a call from the AD and I get a bit of time on a Saturday morning (the AD is old-fashioned enough to be closed on Sundays).......yep, I'll be there. :D
Richard