Fantasy Football 2023/24

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Fantasy Football 2023/24

Post by A1soknownas »

The new Premier League season is almost upon us and with this comes the opportunity for us all to take a ride on the rollercoaster of emotions that is taking part in the official Fantasy Premier League Fantasy Football.

If you entered the Christopher Ward Forum League last year you will automatically be entered in the league again once you have selected a new side.

For those who haven't taken part before, after selecting your squad you can join the league here: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagu ... oin/aqcspq

It is just for fun and and everyone is welcome to take part.

We will post regular updates, including the much coveted Manager of the Month award, table position updates and key changes alongside the usual bemoaning of decisions :oops: , pressing the wrong buttons by mistake ](*,) or smugly celebrating any successes we may have however planned or by accident \:D/!

The deadline for squad selections is Friday 11th August at 18:30 (BST).
Entry to the league will be open beyond this so don't worry if you don't do that part in time.

Good luck everyone :thumbup:
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post (total 2):
welshladBahnstormer_vRS
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Fantasy Football 2023/24

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

That's me sorted.

I've been a bit more adventurous than in previous seasons and naturally, I hope it will pay off.

Thanks Harry Kane. I'm sorry but with you potentially on the move I was left with not much option than to go with Erling Haaland.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

What a first week!

The league has 24 teams so is looking healthy and like an old school traditional league.

Massive respect to those managers who didn't captain Haaland last week and went for something different - I assume that you would also select a Blancpain over a Rolex (feel free to think of your own examples).

It is Friday night football again so the deadline for game week 2 is tonight at 18:15.

Good luck :thumbup:
welshladBahnstormer_vRS
Bahnstormer_vRS

I got royally stuffed last week. :( :(

Two of my, new transfer, players didn't get selected to play and two others have now picked up 'out indefinitely' injuries.

Also, I thought I'd take a punt on, good scoring last season, Odegard (Arsenal midfielder) over a similar scoring Saka (also Arsenal midfielder). I should have stuck with Saka. :-k :-k

Knowing that I'd be out on Friday I intended to do my transfers / selection on Thursday night; which I didn't get around to and I missed the deadline last night. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Finally, to add insult to injury, my Team Name of 'Guyern Munich' which I used last year and is a play on words of my first name, got selected for 'Pending Moderation' and I received the following email yesterday morning;-

Dear Premier League User,

Your team name was deemed offensive and was renamed to "Change Name". Please update it to something more suitable.
It is possible that the name has been flagged in error. If this is the case, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please feel free to change it back using the following link: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry-update

If a name could potentially be considered offensive by others in the game then it will be changed. If you repeatedly choose names which are deemed offensive or the name is severely offensive, then your account will be deleted, please keep this in mind when choosing a name for your team. We will not enter into correspondence over individual names.

Regards,

Fantasy Premier League Support

I've resubmitted Guyern Munich and wait to seel if it gets agreed this time.

Guy

A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:39 pm
Finally, to add insult to injury, my Team Name of 'Guyern Munich' which I used last year and is a play on words of my first name, got selected for 'Pending Moderation' and I received the following email yesterday morning.

I've resubmitted Guyern Munich and wait to seel if it gets agreed this time.

Guy
That sounds strange and must be a mistake. If it gets rejected or flagged again we will have to all change our names to Guyern Munich too in protest!
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Another Friday night football. Team selection deadline is Fri 18:30pm UK time.
Bahnstormer_vRS
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

I didn't do a manager of the month for August as there were only a small number of fixtures...and I forgot, sorry!

So here is an interim international break update before the season continues again with a deadline of Saturday at 11am for team selections.

Current Standings
Top 10.jpg
Daniel T tops the table with a slim lead over Daniel B who finished in 3rd place last season and Steve B completes the current top 3.

Looking at the table it appears that Guy's team name is still awaiting a VAR decision. Hopefully when the ref finally gets called over to the monitor the right decision will be made and your team name can live on.

Good luck all for the upcoming fixtures and with just one September game so far everyone is still in with a chance of the Manager of the Month accolade :thumbup:.
Bahnstormer_vRS
Bahnstormer_vRS

A1soknownas wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:19 am . . . . . .

Looking at the table it appears that Guy's team name is still awaiting a VAR decision. Hopefully when the ref finally gets called over to the monitor the right decision will be made and your team name can live on.

. . . .
I got Red Flagged again, a few days ago, with my submission of Guyern Munich, so guess I need to change my Team Name; which is probably not a bad thing as I've had a diabolical start to the season having selected, what I thought would be a smart move, several Transfer In players who's names I happened to know (probably from the World Cup).

Bad move! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

None of them played and then, I think it was Week 3, I forgot all about the deadline and my planned transfers, so finished up with another low scoring week. If we are able to write off August, I'll be eternally grateful. :wink: :wink:

Suffice to say, I made multiple transfers prior to week 4 with the attendant points penalty, and ended up with a respectable score. A small tweak this week, and another planned for next, and I think I'll be on a better level; albeit with quite a bit of catching up to do.

As to a team name? :-k :-k

Edit; 11:42pm - new team name submitted. :wink: :wink:

Guy

A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

International Break Update

I hope everyone has enjoyed the break before FPL returns with a deadline of 11:00am on Saturday.

September Manager of the Month...
Sept 5.png
Well done Guy :clap: , who topped the table for September with a fair lead on the rest - That new Greek inspired team name must have brought you some good luck!

With only one game week taking place so far in October and 2 more remaining there is plenty to play for. Bring on game week 9.

The current overall standings are as follows...

Table.jpg
Bahnstormer_vRSwelshlad