Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Driving God

Post by AliBar »

And not Richard "Hamster" Hammond... for the Top Gear afficianados amogst us :).

I know a few peeps on here like their cars (as I do) and we all like to think we can drive. I'm having mahoosive fun on the PS3 at the moment - having got a half decent steering wheel for Xmas - and a favourite track for a play is the old Nordschliefe in Germany.

So... here I am, sat in my den, in my virtual reality world, bouncing off the armco, driving like a rank amateur, and I'm as safe as houses - but having fun with no risk \:D/.

This guy is an instructor at the Nordschliefe... there's a few other vids of him on t'Tube... but this one is a lap in a single seater on a pi55 wet track. Yep - it 12mins long, but for those of you that have put their Schumacher PS3 hat on, and pretended to be a driving god, go to about 6 mins in and watch the next 2 mins of one of the fastest stretches of the track and the infamous Corkscrew corner. Standing water, opposite lock through the corners but still at speed.

Amazing car control. I am not worthy :god: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7E91r_iim0

And for anyone of us that has tried it for real in the dry... respect :2thumbs: .
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Driving God

Post by Kip »

Thanks for th elink. Wonderful to watch true skill up close. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

Didn't like the bit towards the begining where he had understeer AND oversteer at the same point :shock: that's a bloody good save right there!

Brilliant to watch though, always nice to watch someone who's good doing what they're good at.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by AliBar »

xtriple wrote:Didn't like the bit towards the begining where he had understeer AND oversteer at the same point :shock: that's a bloody good save right there!

Brilliant to watch though, always nice to watch someone who's good doing what they're good at.
Too true... even more so when I watched again and noticed it was hands off the steering wheel gear changes... none of that flappy paddle mullarkey.
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

AliBar wrote:
Too true... even more so when I watched again and noticed it was hands off the steering wheel gear changes... none of that flappy paddle mullarkey.
Nay lad, none of that "puffy" stuff for that lad, proper "Mans" gearchange is that 8)
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
shrink
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by shrink »

Having had the pleasure of being taken around a wet racing track in a Jaguar XJ 5.0 V8 (the new one) by a professional touring car driver, I can safely say that no matter how good a driver I think I am... these chaps just have a skill level far beyond.

He made that huge luxury limo dance round corners with amazing control. Huge smile on my face all the way round
Who watches the watch-men
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

Loved it. Mad skills. As a race fan I can def appreciate the car control. One part of the track reminded me of the carousel at Watkins Glen except that it's left handed in this case. Feather, sideways, feather, sideways, feather...Fun fun fun!

A number of years ago I was very ill and mostly homebound. Racing online kept me sane helped me forget my worries. I miss it sometimes.

And in case anyone is interested the Great American Race, the Daytona 500 will be run Feb. 26. Racing with fenders! The action gets started with the Budweiser Shootout Feb. 18th, then the Gatorade Duel qualifying races on Feb. 23.