Does anyone else inspect their watch daily?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Does anyone else inspect their watch daily?

Post by xtriple »

I do! Every day I inspect the bloody thing (whichever I'm wearing) through a 5X loupe and then spend ages polishing any mark I see away. This morning I noticed a scratch on the (brushed) bracelet of my Steinhart and spent a good thirty minutes re-brushing it to eradicate each and every little mark.

Having done all that, I put it back in the watchbox and select todays "Victim", check it to see I didn't miss anything the last time I wore it, polish it with a soft duster, then finally put it on.

Any one else so OCD?
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Does anyone else inspect their watch daily?

Post by Aifo »

Me too! I clean/wipe my watches on wrist and in the box whenever I have time to myself.
Incoming: 0
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I don't HAVE 30 minutes to polish a watch in the morning! :lol: They usually get a quick rub, though.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:I don't HAVE 30 minutes to polish a watch in the morning! :lol: They usually get a quick rub, though.
I had PLENTY of time as I was on "Phone watch" in case it all went "Pete Tong" while she was pramming Chester the 1 and 1/2 miles (each way!) to school. Then I put my SMP on and did the same... so that's an hour of my day spent constructively :lol:
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

Lucky if mine get a wipe on the back of a sleeve - watches that is!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
SillentWolf
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by SillentWolf »

No .. i never do that.

I keep my watches in a winder, i haven't got a watchcase yet.
If they are dirty i clean them, but only then.

Pre-Order: Lum-Tec M52 Tungsten Tintage
http://www.facebook.com/SillentWolf
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I tend to wipe down whatever watch I am wearing with a polishing cloth. When I think of it I also give them a quick steam clean.

No body cheese here! :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

xtriple wrote:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:I don't HAVE 30 minutes to polish a watch in the morning! :lol: They usually get a quick rub, though.
I had PLENTY of time as I was on "Phone watch" in case it all went "Pete Tong" while she was pramming Chester the 1 and 1/2 miles (each way!) to school. Then I put my SMP on and did the same... so that's an hour of my day spent constructively :lol:
You're sending Chester to School? Private or local Comp'? Either way that's one pampered pooch!
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Tyke wrote:
xtriple wrote:
You're sending Chester to School? Private or local Comp'? Either way that's one pampered pooch!
Finishing school - naturally! Only the very best for our little lad :D
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

I keep a CW cloth with my watch box. When I take off my watch I give it quick wipe before it goes in the box. All of my watches have scratches, and I'm ok with that. Although, I was wearing my C5A yesterday, and was thinking that the bezel has some marks that could be brushed out. I'm nervous about making it worse, though.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

If I spent 30 mins a day inspecting each watch I would take a day and a half each day. :shock: :thumbdown:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Leo David »

I do inspect whatever watch I'm wearing (a choice of 2 these days) but I haven't got time to spend 30 mins pampering them. I could do with rubbing out the two marks at 6 and 12 on the bezel of my C5 MkII, though.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

I always give the watch I am removing a good polish and look over before putting it back in my watch case, the one I am going to wear for the day only needs to be set and is good to go. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by redd »

Pick a watch, put it on and (at a push) give the crystal a wipe with a sleeve or tie.

Historically I've not owned watches long enough for any noticable dirt to build up and have always given them a scrub/polish before selling on. I'm keeping a few now so might have to consider giving them a decent clean every few months.

:roll: Spot the amateur :roll:
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
mrs j
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by mrs j »

I have Mr J to do mine.