Day/date watch poll

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward

Would you buy a day/date watch in this format?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:47 am

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 35

missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Re: Day/date watch poll

Post by missF »

A bit late, but wanted to add my favourite day/date configuration- vintage seiko seikomatic weekdater.
IMG_3654.jpeg
Beautiful :D
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
NigelS
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

@missF Yes, you are late Lindsey. 😂 Well, it’s certainly very clear, although the symmetry is really off to my eye. The dial is unbalanced. It’s like something needs to be at the 9. Perhaps it’s the different shaped frames of the day and date, I don’t know. Anyway, your punishment? You must reveal how you voted. 😂

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

I voted for the stacked up day date - I like it better than the 3o’clock horizontal type (whose clunkiness I don’t often get on with). But under my breath as I voted I whispered that the stacked up day date wouldn’t get a look in if you’d also had a weekdater in your poll :D
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
strapline
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

@missF After your last post this date configuration from Sinn came up on my Insta feed. It’s horizontal here, but I think it really works. Possibly aided by the beautiful font of the word ‘Automatik’ A great looking dial imo.
IMG_0985.png
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Hmmm. It’s pretty good - definitely totally in keeping with the Sinn tool vibe.
How about this one though? The day date just melds with the dial both in shape and colour, and for the fact that it doesn’t have a date window (and I normally don’t like dates without windows).
Now THIS is a beautiful dial :D

(A Thailand-only LE apparently)

IMG_3666.jpeg
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

^^ ^^
That's very nice, as is the word 'meld', and that's exactly what the date day/date does here. And it does it without being framed. Had a look for this on the Oris website but it's not showing. Guardian Flight, I wonder what that's all about?

Des
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

strapline wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:11 am Guardian Flight, I wonder what that's all about?
First time I saw this watch I read it as Freudian Flight… I don’t think I can unsee that now :lol:
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

strapline wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:11 am ^^ ^^
That's very nice, as is the word 'meld', and that's exactly what the date day/date does here. And it does it without being framed. Had a look for this on the Oris website but it's not showing. Guardian Flight, I wonder what that's all about?

Des
Translated from a Taiwanese site.
Oris Thailand launches a new timepiece created in collaboration with Guardian Search and Rescue, based on the ProPilot Big Day Date and produced for sale in Thailand only, with the Oris Guardian Flight Limited Edition watch .
Link replaced with a YouTube video.

These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
strapline
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

rkovars wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:25 pm

Des
Oris Thailand launches a new timepiece created in collaboration with Guardian Search and Rescue, based on the ProPilot Big Day Date and produced for sale in Thailand only, with the Oris Guardian Flight Limited Edition watch .

https://www.ana-digi.com/oris-guardian- ... d-edition/
I would not suggest tapping on the above link. It led me to a site saying my phone had been hacked. Do so at your own peril.

Des
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

strapline wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:15 pm
rkovars wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:25 pm

Des

https://www.ana-digi.com/oris-guardian- ... d-edition/
I would not suggest tapping on the above link. It led me to a site saying my phone had been hacked. Do so at your own peril.

Des
That is really weird unless there is something on there specifically targeting mobile. I'll remove it and try to find a different source.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
strapline
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
JonathaN_LI
Junior
Junior

Post by JonathaN_LI »

strapline wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:39 pm @missF After your last post this date configuration from Sinn came up on my Insta feed. It’s horizontal here, but I think it really works. Possibly aided by the beautiful font of the word ‘Automatik’ A great looking dial imo.
IMG_0985.png
This sinn has a very balanced dial layout and is very beautiful.
C1 Morgan Aero 8
C1 Morgan Classic
C60 Elite GMT 1000 Blue
C60 Trident Pro 600 Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
C65 Sandhurst
C65 Aquitaine Bronze
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Getting back to the OP for a moment, I voted yes. It’s not the usual layout, and while not the first to ever do a day date In this fashion, it does make it unique. The rest of the watch including the bezel is so well done, it’s a yes from me.
On to what I consider one of the best, and my personal favorite day date layouts ever, the C7 Rapide LE. Here’s why, and it’s simple. The use of the 2-4-6-8-10-12 numerals allows perfect symmetry. No missing numbers. Matching black wheels complete the package. Just my opinion, and yes, I am very biased, but I think CW nailed it on this one.
IMG_3243.jpeg
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by strapline »

@watchaholic I think that C7 is first class, have always really enjoyed the super legible dial. Hand shape, dial texture, thin bezel, minimal dial text, dual inner tracks...it's a winner from me. The only improvement I could imagine is if it had the new iteration of the twin flag logo, just a small detail.

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post:
watchaholic