Can we have an over 18 thread?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Can we have an over 18 thread?

Post by DISJT »

Once again the Mod's have shut down a thread with their overzealous implementation of the rules.

Why? Because of a few written swear words?

Although I highly doubt a single person took offence, maybe the answer is to have an over 18 thread where these things can be discussed, by us grown ups.

Anyone easily offended can then avoid the thread.
CHRIS
Isis
Expert
Expert

Re: Can we have an over 18 thread?

Post by Isis »

Don't be silly. The usp of this forum is its purity...might be why it is a tiny bit sterile ..just saying
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Wash your mouth out Chris, and then sit in the corner and write 100 times ‘we are not allowed to have fun’ :lol:
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Do we have any under 18’s here :? ....I don’t mind the odd swear word as long as it’s in context and not aggressive or a personal insult :D
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by hughesyn »

Rules are rules.

Without them we'd be sharing photos of naked firearms and commenting on Curmudgeon's corner posts.

And then where would we be?
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

:lol: we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun,
we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun,
we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun,
we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, :(
CHRIS
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

this is the CW watch forum. i don't need or want an over 18 thread. i can find that sort of content anywhere elsewhere on the internet.
the 'swearing' thread was - to me - hilarious - just an outburst of swearing faced with the possibility of never ever being able to swear again. it pushed some limits and asked some questions. i don't think the forum needs to asterisk swear words, but i'm quite happy if that's the way the forum goes. i don't think i've ever sworn in a post, and can find perfectly reasonable other ways to express myself.

i do think, though, that asterisking swear words across the board might have the opposite effect - making us feel freer to swear because we know it will be automatically 'dealt with' by the forum algorithm

whatever - onwards! i don't feel like i'm being squelched by having my swear words asterisked. paranoia is not well placed - this forum is a pleasant place to be, and long may it be that way. :D :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

missF wrote:this is the CW watch forum. i don't need or want an over 18 thread. i can find that sort of content anywhere elsewhere on the internet.
the 'swearing' thread was - to me - hilarious - just an outburst of swearing faced with the possibility of never ever being able to swear again. it pushed some limits and asked some questions. i don't think the forum needs to asterisk swear words, but i'm quite happy if that's the way the forum goes. i don't think i've ever sworn in a post, and can find perfectly reasonable other ways to express myself.

i do think, though, that asterisking swear words across the board might have the opposite effect - making us feel freer to swear because we know it will be automatically 'dealt with' by the forum algorithm

whatever - onwards! i don't feel like i'm being squelched by having my swear words asterisked. paranoia is not well placed - this forum is a pleasant place to be, and long may it be that way. :D :thumbup:
The simple answer to that would then be ‘don’t click on it’. It’s all about choice.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

DISJT wrote::lol: we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun,
we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, we are not allowed to have fun, :(
Gold star for that Chris, you are now allowed your milk at break time again :lol:
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

^^* For a minute there Chris, I thought you were going to say “find the asterisk “ in that lot! :lol:
Steve.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Thermexman wrote:^^* For a minute there Chris, I thought you were going to say “find the asterisk “ in that lot! :lol:
That would have been **** funny :lol:
Isis
Expert
Expert

Post by Isis »

Swear words are just words. The "offence" if taken is the choice of the reader.
To use the wisdom of Derek & Clive.. would you rather be shot or be ****??
Isis
Expert
Expert

Post by Isis »

Seriously....my post was censored.
A forum for infants.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Isis wrote: To use the wisdom of Derek & Clive.. would you rather be shot or be ****??
Aren’t they the same? :lol:
Steve.
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by hughesyn »

Mods earning their pay tonight.

We are a bunch of school children :lol:
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph