Book recommendations

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Jape
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Book recommendations

Post by Jape »

I assume since it's holiday by the pool, something light both in actual weight and contents are in order...so I say the Swedish author Jan Guillou's Arn Magnusson books are good. Info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Knight ... trilogy%29. Good historical fun and action, too. That said, the Saxon series by Bernard Cornwell is good fun.

For science fiction, Iain M. Banks and his Culture novels. (maybe not light, though...)

For heavier book (physically, not contents), a favourite of mine is Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth.

So many others, too...
C7 Rapide C11 Auto C600 Tri-Tech C2 Lido C40 Speedhawk C60 600 Sinn 857 Sinn 103St Sinn U1 Omega Seamaster Pro 300
Wants are many but funds scarce.
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

Liespotting: Essential Techniques to Detect Deception by Pamela Meyer.

Everybody lies. Fascinating book on human behavior and how to use it to your advantage.
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

Terry Pratchett is usually good (though his last but one was a bit so-so). But Lee Child is brilliant! Any of the "Reacher" novels is worth a read and real good escapism.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
My Name Is Pete
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by My Name Is Pete »

Ice Station by Mattew Reilly. Easily the best military action book I've read yet.

I used to read a lot of the Reacher novels, but they get a bit formulaic and predictable after the first 6 books.
Pete
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

My Name Is Pete wrote:I used to read a lot of the Reacher novels, but they get a bit formulaic and predictable after the first 6 books.
What drivel you do talk :D Formulaic? Never!

Good formula though :D
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
My Name Is Pete
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by My Name Is Pete »

Read Ice Station and you'll see that it's tough to go back to Jack Reacher afterwards... ;)
Pete