Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Banned from TimeZone...

Post by Hans »

Really funny, I just got a permanent ban from TimeZone! :lol: No idea what I did to deserve this! Maybe I talked a littlebit to positive about CW, and I mentioned in one post this forum... But they didn't warn me or anything, simple put a permanent ban on me... O well, no worries, I have lot's of IP-adresses... :)
schulten

Re: Banned from TimeZone...

Post by schulten »

Hans wrote:Really funny, I just got a permanent ban from TimeZone! :lol: No idea what I did to deserve this! Maybe I talked a littlebit to positive about CW, and I mentioned in one post this forum... But they didn't warn me or anything, simple put a permanent ban on me... O well, no worries, I have lot's of IP-adresses... :)
proxy servers ftw :D
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

I've read some of the threads regarding CW over there. I'm new to watch chatter but I'll try to give you an outsiders view.

What with CW watches being basically a new product they're getting alot of attention. I'd think this would be normal.

The people who are in charge of moderating the board have apparently viewed some of the CW talk as lame adverts. I'm assuming these posts have been deleted because I haven't seen any of what they refer to. I have seen a couple posts by members here deleted, but of course I don't know what the content was.

What with TZ having paid manufacturer forums I suppose they have a point in not wanting Hans to post about this forum. And so, banned. Some of the mods have made it clear they're not in the CW camp. Maybe why they brought the hammer down hard on Hans. Most boards I visit at least give a warning after deleting questionable content.

I'm sure as Chris releases more models and the customer base increases the chatter will only increase.
KevRC4130
Senior
Senior

Post by KevRC4130 »

That's too bad you were banned. As much as I like Timezone, that place is so uptight and bogged down with rules. I hope this place will remain a friendler, more open environment.
Hans

Post by Hans »

Kev, I hate it when people use the phrase "bogged down" on my forum :twisted: (because I'm Dutch and am rather bad with English so I don't understand what it means).

I hereby ban you for life from this forum, farewell.... :wink:

Btw: I asked Michael Sandler why I was banned and he told me it was because of guideline 6, and in this guideline it is mentioned that you cannot post links to sites where watches are discussed... But I think it is a bit overreacting to ban someone permanently if he makes 1 little mistake... But hey, there loss anyway :lol:
Hans

Post by Hans »

Update: if I promise to stay a good boy, my ban is revoked next week.. :P
PatrickB

re: bogged down

Post by PatrickB »

Hi Hans,
The slang "bogged down" means stalled, mired, halted, or hindered, of course it depends on the context of the sentence. Being American, Yank or whatever you good people call us, I very seldom use slang myself. I actually speak Oxford with no accent because I am hard of hearing and as a child, I had not only lip reading therapy, but speech therapy as well and the emphasis was proper use of words, pronunciation, and diction. My point here is that I share your frustration with the use of slang. I am certain other languages have their own slangs, but I know that the American English language is loaded with them; probably more than any other language. Of course if anyone disagrees with me, that is fine.
Hang in there, the American English can only get worse! :D
Patrick
PatrickB

re: Banned from TimeZone

Post by PatrickB »

Han,
Sorry in my last post I started an English lesson, American point of view. :)
I was disturbed to have read that you were banned from TZ because you posted a link. I am certain that you meant no malice and I agree that you made a minor mistake. The moderator or admin should have PM'd you with a friendly warning. I feel it was also a result of envy because you are a admin/moderator of a forum that supports a very good watch and its company.
We are with you.
Patrick
Hans

Post by Hans »

Thanks for the lesson Patrick, really appreciate it! :)

And about TZ, well it is well known that they have very strict moderators, maybe I should have known better! :wink:
PatrickB

Re:

Post by PatrickB »

You're welcome! I had a neighbor who emigrated from China and he used to ask me what a lot of slangs and phrases meant.

I still think the moderator at TZ over reacted to your mistake. I looked around TZ and I noticed that among the brands of watches that are discussed, nothing about CW unless I missed it. Also, there was a section where people can post links. I do not meant to go on and on or anything (in the U.S. we call that beating a dead horse.) Well let's look at it this way, we have this forum here and you are doing a good job moderating it.