Anyone for a pasty?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Anyone for a pasty?

Post by xtriple »

Got a bit worried as to whether the Merc would start after quite a long time in the garage under cover (the alarm drains the battery down to nothing) so Lorn decided that I needed a run out in it. I haven't been anywhere since Saturday either and I get a bit depressed (all go "Aaaah" now) so she made me go and get the car out.

Anyway, the car started perfectly (as she knew it would - so she says!) and we went for a burble out Dawlish way for a coffee. Best place over there for same is "Gays Creamery" as it's right opposite a stream that all the ducks and swans glide serenly about on. As a very good friend of mine was a duck in a previous life I'm always keen to visit his relatives and feed them.

We tend to stock up on Gays delicious pasties whenever over there so bought 15 various pasties to keep us going for a day or two! Obviously she (the heathen) has meat and I have vegatable ones but it matters not, as they are all delicious and the smells permeating from the back of the car was hard to resist, nearly pulled over on the way back and just started munching...

So after coffee, duck feeding and a valiant (but doomed) attempt to entice a pigeon to sit on my hand ( I like pigeons and used to always be carting them off to the Vets whenever I came across an injured one when I worked in Torquay) we set off in a home(ish) direction but decided to call in and see the lads at the garage we have an interest in. No sooner had we pulled in than the buggers swooped on the car, aroused by the smell of fresh cooked pasties and raided our stash!

The gits!

6 pasties down and we hadn't even got home! There were many complaints though, no one (read : Lorn) had thought to mark up what each pasty was, so it was very much pot luck on if you got a steak pasty or a vegatable one, and the ones that got steak, were lording it over the lads that got mine :problem:

Dave ( the boss there) showed me his new watch - a bloody gold and blue Rolex! Thought there was a bit of financial jiggery-pokery going on until he told me it was a fake! He goes out to Thailand about twice a year ( with his wife- no lady-boys for him!) and buys them from this big warehouse place. I was bloody impressed, I've been looking at Rolex quite a bit recently and it had me completely fooled - bloody brilliant attention to detail and the usual "tells" were completely absent. £80 rather than the horrid £30 jobs but it looked and felt spot on.

SO if Daves just been out there and I've suddenly got a Rolex, you have my permission to doubt its voracity!
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Re: Anyone for a pasty?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

xtriple wrote:As a very good friend of mine was a duck in a previous life I'm always keen to visit his relatives and feed them.
You really should write a book, with unexpected one-liners like that in it! I nearly fell off the chair! :lol: :lol:
xtriple wrote:SO if Daves just been out there and I've suddenly got a Rolex, you have my permission to doubt its voracity!
Don't worry, it won't eat your pasties! :lol:
Seriously, DON'T! You'll know it's a fake, and you'll never be happy until you get the real one!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by androo »

xtriple wrote: As a very good friend of mine was a duck in a previous life I'm always keen to visit his relatives and feed them.
What????

I agree with Amor don't get a fake Rolex.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

No, I won't get a fake. What's the point? You may be the only person that knows, but YOU know. Fakes don't do it for me at all. If you can't get the real thing then save up until you can. I was just amazed at how bloody convincing it is! Horrifyingly so, all the more reason to only buy from people you trust or from an AD, 'cos there is just no way that normalfolk can tell if the watch you're spending £3 -£4K on is real or not.

Seriously, Morgan was a duck in a previous life. I've forgotten exactly which breed so I treat them all equally.

Just had a pasty for tea, bloody yum! If any of you lot come down here for hols or whatever, visit Dawlish and Gays creamery, the pasties are fab - and I don't actually like pasties!
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

I'm just impressed that so far the dogs haven't got hold of any of the pasties. It seems that some days they eat better than I do!

p.s. Any chance you want to send some over here :D
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.