Any pour over coffee brewers?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: Any pour over coffee brewers?

Post by iain »

There was a running phone/text in theme on radio 5 the other day with the tea vs coffee debate.

One interesting take was that coffee needs you to alter the taste (adding sugar or milk) to make it drinkable whereas tea can just be enjoyed as it is.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

iain wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:03 pm There was a running phone/text in theme on radio 5 the other day with the tea vs coffee debate.

One interesting take was that coffee needs you to alter the taste (adding sugar or milk)to make it drinkable whereas tea can just be enjoyed as it is.
Not if it’s brewed right! :lol:
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
iain
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Now that’s interesting. I drink coffee such as espresso black with no sugar, I have a little sugar in my Mediterranean mud (as I believe you called it) and occasionally I will put milk in coffee, usually at breakfast. If I were to put milk in tea I would probably vomit; I can just about tolerate it with a slice of lemon but nothing else.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by iain »

jkbarnes wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:06 pm Not if it’s brewed right! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author iain for the post:
jkbarnes
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

I didn’t drink tea or coffee until uni and so I drank both black from the get-go because I could never guarantee the milk in the shared fridge would be in date :lol:
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
DavidCM