A Cycling Thread (Professional)

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Re: A Cycling Thread (Professional)

Post by Soporsche »

There's no doubt the danger involved in performance cycling, there's many examples of serious and life changing trauma.
Those of you into your cycling may know the female world championship winning team SD Worx. Amy Pieters one of our superb and talented athletes suffered a terrible crash a couple of years ago leaving her in a long coma and now despite a miraculous hard fought recovery with permanent neurological challenges. They are a hard and brave bunch that's for sure and aware of the very real risks.
I enjoy the spectacle of the TDF and have spectated at a stage in northern France. Im really more invested in watching the SD Worx team racing because of an association, but certainly with some trepidation whenever there's a crash.
Think the TDF this year is maybe a bit more open than in some years, should be fun.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Well well. 2 fantastic stages. Wonderful to see the Yates twins getting 1-2 on stage one.

I think it's already clear who is likely to be fighting for the overall win.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by TheBeatles »

Fingers crossed for Cav in the next couple of stages.
These users thanked the author TheBeatles for the post:
JAFO
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by TheBeatles »

Didn’t realise how beautiful the Basque area of Spain/France was!!

42.1km to go, come on Cav!

Today or tomorrow, the record is yours.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Stewards enquiry. You need a head on camera really. I thought van Aert got baulked slightly, and given past crashes, I think the commissars are being careful about interference. Van Aert won't win anyway, as Bauhaus would get the win.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Well, what a shame. On Friday it looked like like Cav was thwarted by a mechanical in Bordeaux, and on Saturday he seemed to be the only faller, and out of the race. Good to see Vinokourov (Astana) seems to have offered Cav another year.

Today we're on to the Puy De Dome, which should be a terrific stage before tomorrows rest day. :D
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Terrible weather in Barcelona for the opening stage of the Vuelta. Still bright at 7:30 in the UK, and virtually pitch black in driving rain in Barcelona.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

As an example, this was the TV picture as the last starters crossed the finish line a few seconds ago.
IMG_20230826_193642570_HDR~2.jpg