LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

2 Questions for Newbies (mostly)

Post by Kip »

Mostly these 2 questions are for Newbies....

1. How did you first find out about the forum? CW site, another forum?

2. When you first found us, Lurking or not, did you read all the threads or just the current topics?

Please answer so I know which room to assign you to! :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
wielhelm

Re: 2 Questions for Newbies (mostly)

Post by wielhelm »

HMMM i don't really remember, i think i saw a CW watch posted in a topic on tweakers.net
(dutch it forum)

2. When you first found us, Lurking or not, did you read all the threads or just the current topics?
I think i read almost al the topics from the last year. I simply don't have enough time to read a complete forum history when i arrive.

So c'mon which room will it be?
mercedman

Post by mercedman »

Gonna 'fess up...I did a Google on regulating pendulum clocks and there you were...I read some of the older stuff, until it told me that was not what I was looking for, and shifted to the next...John
Xaras
CW-watches: 0

Post by Xaras »

On a forum for "all-kind-of" watches i did find CW the first time, visited, watched, liked, loved, booked.

General Disussion, Sneak Previews and only the topics (gallery/reviews) about the watch I am looking for my self.

cheers
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by Rick »

I was googling the internet for watches generally and came across the CW web site.
Bought a C4 and then got very interested in CW.
That led to me discovering the forum which i joined after lurking on it a couple of month,i did have to make sure the residence where quite sane first of course.Think i made a mistake there somewhere :wink: :wink: :wink: :D 8)
C5AKS - C7 Rapide - C4IPK - C6T3 - C6 Forum LE - W6 Splash - C8SWT - C70 DBR1
Breitling Hercules - Omega SMP - Boschett Cave Dweller - Seiko Monster - Porsche Design P'6310
Tissot Sea Touch - Oris Pro Diver - Dreyfuss 1925 - Tissot V8 - Deep Blue Pro Sun
EcosseOz
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by EcosseOz »

I found about CW from a member of a car based forum I frequent. He had purchased a CW and posted online about it. Look at the CW website and clicked onto the forum.

I had a good read of quite a few of the current topics and a decent trawl back through old topics (but not all). I lurked for about 6-8 months until I brought into the 'CW watch way' earlier this year.
The CW Collection: Now well used C6IPSI (#2)
C4IP4 (#1331)
C6 Forum LE (#64) -Sold to Tikkathree
C6SWS (#761)
Non-CW: A Breitling, 3x Omega, 1xMido, that now (13y) more ancient Raymond Weil and a Dead Seiko I can't part with (32yrs+)
printer'sdevil

Post by printer'sdevil »

I had been looking for a watch that I liked for several years and when I found Chris's web site I bought the new C5SSS which is a great watch. I have seen the features on the Henley automatic and am also interested in one of those but I would like it in solid rose gold.
WatchLove_OS
Expert
Expert

Post by WatchLove_OS »

Kip wrote:Mostly these 2 questions are for Newbies....

First found out about the CW forum via the CW website :D

I wish I had the time to read ALL the threads.......but I tried to read as much as possible, especially topics to do with CW's products and peoples reviews about the company!

Please answer so I know which room to assign you to! :)
Hope that helps Kip!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-two: yes

Post by Kip »

printer'sdevil wrote:I had been looking for a watch that I liked for several years and when I found Chris's web site I bought the new C5SSS which is a great watch. I have seen the features on the Henley automatic and am also interested in one of those but I would like it in solid rose gold.
Welcome to the "Asylum". I like the C15 myself. I am just currently wondering what happened to the rose gold with the black face.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
flashman
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by flashman »

Welcome to the "Asylum". I like the C15 myself. I am just currently wondering what happened to the rose gold with the black face.[/quote]

Likewise, Kip. Unfortunately, again I'm a little let down :( . The one model I would have bought from the C15 is not there. It looked stunning on the earlier picture releases. Maybe it will pop up in the future...
weedge
CW-watches: 0

Post by weedge »

Found out about the forum through the CW site, but in a strange (and stupid) way. I first heard of CW through a magazine review a few years back, I think it was the Sunday Mail, and being a watchie, came a looking. And on and off for a year ot two found the site lurking in my bookmarks and came to see the watches WITHOUT noticing the forum ! Told you I was stupid.

In regards to the threads and topics, well being new I am going through them bit by bit, generally by the topics. Must say though just been reading about the beer thread and very interesting it is too.

Cheers
WatchLove_OS
Expert
Expert

Post by WatchLove_OS »

weedge wrote: came to see the watches WITHOUT noticing the forum ! Told you I was stupid.
:lachtot: :irre: Totally stupid with you Weedge. I did practically the same thing without notincing the link to the forum!.....Glad I noticed it recently though....its been quite exciting! But most o fthe new models have been released for pre order so its slowed down, but still good fun!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-two: yes

Post by Kip »

Thanks guys...keep it coming...it is all in the name of research.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"