News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Christopher Ward becomes Everton's Official Global Timing Partner

Post by Caller »

I wonder what the cost to CW is?

I wonder if they will produce an 'Everton' watch?

Worth noting that Everton and Liveropool are miles apart when it comes to global branding / recognition.

Can't see the Everton players being too chuffed if they have to wear a CW as part of the deal - maybe we'll see the first real diamond encrusted CW? :D
'Tis me
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13

Post by nbg »

Yep MF is a long time Everton supporter. Even if CW was still at CW I doubt he would have been able to prevent the deal that has been cut with Everton.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:10 pm ^^^^

I have no inside knowledge other than CEO of CW, Mike France, is a long time supporter / follower of Everton FC.

In that context this Sponsorship deal makes sense.
Well, Tribus cut their own throat somewhat with an over-hasty response to the so-called super league, which was really dead in the water before it started. A good example of where letting sentiment and support for a team and a cool, clear business head didn't mix.

Has MF learnt that lesson? I suspect he is too canny to let his heart rule his business head on anything. But only time will tell.

From an Everton perspective, it's scraps really.

Tribus and Liverpool get a mention in this report:

https://www.nssmag.com/en/sports/24958/ ... age:313009
'Tis me
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Well, that made me smile! let's see it done right!.
The Everton crest will look very smart on a CW watch. :D
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Merseyside Derby

Post by JAFO »

PaulWB wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:58 pm Interesting given that the man the company is named after is a well known Liverpool fan.
*Maybe needs an asterisk. The well-known-ness dissipated rather quickly, if I recall. :D
As mentioned above in this thread.
KMW
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 21

Christopher Ward & Everton Football Club

Post by KMW »

And with one gutting announcement my interest in CW has come to an end. 21 watches currently in the collection and more planned, but now I've no interest.

I know it's childish. I know to many it's 'only' football. But today's a very sad day for me and I'm genuinely massively disappointed. From a full on CW fanboy to not in the time it took me to read a Facebook post.

Arrrrggggghhhhhhh.
C60 Concept/2 x Elite/CWE & CWEC #03/Abyss SH21 Prototype
C7 'Wasp' Prototype/Rosso Corsa/C8 P2725
C5 Malvern Revival/C9 5 Day/C11 Makaira Elite
C60 Mk2 Chrono/Acan/Orange/Black
C600 TriTech/2 x C65 Super Compressor/C65 Bronze Ombré/C65 Chrono
Gar787
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

KMW wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:54 pm And with one gutting announcement my interest in CW has come to an end. 21 watches currently in the collection and more planned, but now I've no interest.

I know it's childish. I know to many it's 'only' football. But today's a very sad day for me and I'm genuinely massively disappointed. From a full on CW fanboy to not in the time it took me to read a Facebook post.

Arrrrggggghhhhhhh.
Kip wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:29 pm Christopher Ward partners with one of the giants of English football in a deal that will benefit company, club, community and fans alike.

Everton are one of the most respected names in English football – known as the ‘people’s club’ in their home city of Liverpool.

See article here.

Be sure to enter the contest!

Competition time: watch Everton train and play in the USA!
Superb. Maybe ‘Nil Satis Nisi Optimum’ on a case back. Onwards and upwards boys…👍 In the City, most of us are aware of what the name ‘koppite’ rhymes with.😂
PHIL
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Christopher Ward & Everton Football Club

Post by JAFO »

KMW wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:54 pm And with one gutting announcement my interest in CW has come to an end. 21 watches currently in the collection and more planned, but now I've no interest.

Arrrrggggghhhhhhh.
You probably wouldn't enjoy any future Man U association then? :D
Do you have the Tribus Liverpool watches?
Gar787
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

Arrrrggggghhhhhhh.
Aaawwww….bless…🙄😜
PHIL
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Arrrrggggghhhhhhh.
Haha.

Hang on, you're serious?

Christ.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

sproughton wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:49 pm I can never get beyond "Global timing partner" in any of these sponsorship deals, it's such a daft phrase. Even as an Evertonian.
I agree and might I add another daft please?

"They intend to embrace Everton’s unique culture by creating money-can’t-buy experiences for Evertonians and Christopher Ward fans around the world "

Who's in the line with me for a money-can't-buy experience? :lol: :lol:

And what about MF's comment that

"a milestone for Christopher Ward in our mission to make the visceral pleasure of owning a premium mechanical watch accessible to the many – not just the few."

We few, we happy few...... :silent:

I have a lifelong total disinterest in football/soccer so I have no idea at all just where Everton sit in the national football foodchain: are they on their way up? On their way down?

I've just grabbed my sceptical united scarf and team colours shirt and wandered over to the google end (notice how I've slipped into footballese?)

"What is Everton known as?
Everton's nickname is the Toffees, or sometimes the Toffeemen. This comes from one of two toffee shops that were located in Everton village at the time the club was founded. Both Ye Anciente Everton Toffee House and Old Mother Nobletts Toffee Shop claim to have started off the nickname."

I am NOT buying a toffee watch. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mark78 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:56 pm - is this a commercial decision or trolling by the current owners? 🤔
Ooh tricky one! :lol: :lol: Maybe it's a ruse to lower the use of the name Christopher Ward © and maybe reposition down the left wing as "The Everton © watch with the minecraft © logo"?

Then I went to the Everton official merch store and, hey everyone, guess what? There's a sale on!! Up to 70% off - we fit right in!

Five minutes of extra time, sorry frivolity apart this is exciting news which will completely pass me by. I won't be buying any soccer merch nor will I be looking to the transfer market to create exciting new opportunities for my loyal, hard-working team of purely watch brand branded watches.

Over and out.
C60 MKI COSC black MKI GMT x3
C60 MKII Day Date LE GMT White LE SH21 x2 ACAN Bronze Ombre LE
C60 MKIII Ombre COSC Elite 1000 GMT Concept Wave
C6 K'fisher x6,
C60 K'fisher x3
C600 Tritech x 3,
C63 Elite
C65 Anthropocene. Blue h/w
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Everton!

Post by kiter65 »

CW become official timing partners of Everton FC...... is that just to p#££ off Chris, the Liverpool fan :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author kiter65 for the post:
cincfleet
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

Hilarious. It’s a football team, for Christ’s sake. Who cares?

FYI I’m a Man Utd supporter for 35+ years. Would I sell my CWs if they sponsored City? Not that City wouldn’t benefit from a real sponsor but I digress ;)

No, I couldn’t care less. It’s almost like CW are now funding the murder of baby seals in the arctic. Then I would sell my CWs.

Let’s all calm down a bit. It literally has zero impact on your life. Why get so upset?
C1 Grand Malvern Small Seconds SH21
C60 MK2 Chronograph 7750 Beast, White Polar Beast SH21 COSC LE, Kermit
C60 MK3 Abyss SH21, Atoll SE
C63 Sealander “Creamlander” Prototype 1 of 1, White (@C63SealanderGoDo on IG)
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Arrrrggggghhhhhhh.
Oh let me buy you a drink. Come on, it could be worse, lots worse.
C60 MKI COSC black MKI GMT x3
C60 MKII Day Date LE GMT White LE SH21 x2 ACAN Bronze Ombre LE
C60 MKIII Ombre COSC Elite 1000 GMT Concept Wave
C6 K'fisher x6,
C60 K'fisher x3
C600 Tritech x 3,
C63 Elite
C65 Anthropocene. Blue h/w
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Everton!

Post by Mikkei4 »

kiter65 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:14 pm CW become official timing partners of Everton FC...... is that just to p#££ off Chris, the Liverpool fan :lol: :lol:
You may well think that but I couldn't possibly comment.
These users thanked the author Mikkei4 for the post:
cincfleet