C65 Aquitane my want want vintage diver

This area is for member only reviews of CW watches.
Links to reviews on Watch Review sites should be posted in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
Owners of Blogs or Watch Review sites should also post in the general "Reviews and Articles" forum.
dipidyy

Post by dipidyy »

My journey with CW started with c63 gmt which I liked a lot…still do. After acquiring C63 I wanted a diver, vintage to be specific.
Always liked Omega Seamaster heritage models but alas in all honesty those are too expensive for me and I dislike the longish lug-to-lug.
More or less eyeing on different watches, pondering what’s what and perhaps what to get.

Lo and behold Aquitane was released. Loved it, ordered it when the blue variant became available and now I’ve it. It’s been on use for aprox week. Image

First thoughts were mixed. Wasn’t love at first sight. Felt the heavily curved sapphire distorted minute hand and the supreme legibility of c63 want there.

But as CW has really favourable return policy I gave it a go and became to love it.
As some other CWs are crisp almost posses sharp enough hands and indices to slice bread. Aquitane is different.
It’s the more luxurious curved design language that speaks here. Whispers to see what’s happening from angles otherwise unused.

It has its downside sure as the super crisp legibility isn’t present anymore. Some other colour combination may have it, but on that regard C63 is a better option.

Lume is good, hoped the bezel lume would be a bit brighter. Here’s a comparison with C63
Aprox same exposure to same source.

But when comparing Aquitane to other watches, I find it to be the more elegant vintage option. In a sense it follows the footsteps of fifty fathoms.
Not a pure tool but a bit elevated while still performing. For example date window on Aquitane
Sure the date wheel isnt colour matched but as it matches the colour of indices I dont mind.

All in all I became to love it. I’ll be adding the bracelet later on, not in a hurry as the rubber strap is a pleasent surprise.
Would’ve left the showcase caseback out. Even as Aquitane wears surprisingly slim it could’ve been slimmer and the movement isn’t up to date comparing to other parts.

This maybe a bit incoherent but typing with phone and being non-native will show through.

p.s on Aquitane the swish only logo is brilliant. Fits right in and imo works better than any written name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dipidyy for the post (total 3):
iainasqwerthMiniMpi
NationOfLaws
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Re: C65 Aquitane my want want vintage diver

Post by NationOfLaws »

That’s the watch I ordered, except I got the bracelet instead. Do you mind me asking - what size wrist do you have?
- Jameson
dipidyy

Post by dipidyy »

16,5cm. So I’m out of almost anything going over 48 l2l.
Tbh thinking Aquitane is max but comparing this to other 41mm divers, it wears a lot smaller

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
NationOfLaws
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by NationOfLaws »

Thanks so much. I think I’m sitting at an 18.5 cm wrist currently so this’ll work great. I think it’s the right size for you for sure.
- Jameson
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Size looks perfect and I agree on the date - usually white under dark is an eyesore but it works here balancing the big white triangle at 12.

I thought the wobbly looking hands is what makes it "vintage style" - if you want legibility get a modern watch. Like the C63 :lol:
dipidyy

Post by dipidyy »

suicidal_orange wrote:Size looks perfect and I agree on the date - usually white under dark is an eyesore but it works here balancing the big white triangle at 12.

I thought the wobbly looking hands is what makes it "vintage style" - if you want legibility get a modern watch. Like the C63 :lol:
I think it’s more about indices combined with domed sapphire. Just doesn’t give that glance from almost any direction and there’s the minute marker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk