Well done Hello

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Well done Hello

Post by golfjunky »

I've finally got it regarding the two flags. I like it, I think it looks good on the straps and I think it will look good on the movements. On the dials however I'm not sure. I hope it will look good on the crowns ( I still don't like the amateurism of releasing a new watch without the new crown design, just looks rushed)
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Well done Hello

Post by hughesyn »

As Mike explained, they didn't have time to order the crowns with the new logo.

I liked his throw away comment that the CW logo crown obviously wasn't appropriate.
Seems fine to me!

By the way Greg, when he talked about criticism that wasn't constructive, I thoughy he was talking about us!!
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

I'm sure he was talking about us :lol: :lol: :lol:
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

hughesyn wrote:As Mike explained, they didn't have time to order the crowns with the new logo.

I liked his throw away comment that the CW logo crown obviously wasn't appropriate.
Seems fine to me!

By the way Greg, when he talked about criticism that wasn't constructive, I thoughy he was talking about us!!
Hang on, this has been a carefully considered and structured 15 month process. Didn't have time to order crowns?
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Don't think it was a time issue he mentioned it not looking right so they went without.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

golfjunky wrote:Don't think it was a time issue he mentioned it not looking right so they went without.
Everyone should run out and buy the blank crown versions, they will be collectors items in the future :wink:
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

Can someone help me out here.
I have difficulty visualising the rectangular logo of the two flags on the end of a circular crown.
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

I don't think he said how many watches he'd sold this week!?

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I am told that sales are good and preorders doing well. Actual sales are not our business.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

Kip wrote:I am told that sales are good and preorders doing well...
Would you expect any company to say anything except that when asked the same question?
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

No
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

Kip wrote:I am told that sales are good and preorders doing well. Actual sales are not our business.
Sales should be going through the roof as everyone secures the old logo models before they are ruined :D
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Scrogg wrote:
Kip wrote:I am told that sales are good and preorders doing well...
Would you expect any company to say anything except that when asked the same question?

Of course not...so we should stop expecting a different answer to a question that is not our concern. Transparency is one thing, prying is another.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Prying.... Cloak, daggers and beard time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

You have got to hand it to hello. We thought they had no idea what they were selling and to who, but we were wrong. They have created a new branding that can be written really small so no one will notice how bad it is. And those who order the new logo will be saved from having to buy an anarack to where when explaining the font.
But there crowning achivement and where they spent all the development time has to be the email filter for cw towers if they are only getting positive feedback that filter is awesome.