WATCH STRAPS - RUBBER

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MarkF

WATCH STRAPS - RUBBER

Post by MarkF »

Hi all, not posted for a while but still a big fan of CW watches.
Is it just me or is the website slacking on the detail front?

I'm looking to purchase a C60, but the images on the site currently show the watch ( black bezel ) with two straps, the old butterfly claps one and the new fold-over clasp one; which is the correct model as that will play a big part on purchasing now or waiting a while?

Also the C60 Auto's show the old rubber strap with fold over buckle and the chunky rubber strap from the C600; the rubber part of the strap is ok but it has a black buckle;- should be silver to match the case of the watch.

Just seems a bit "anything will do" to use up old stock rather than have the correct style and quality of strap that the superb cases obviously deserve.

CW please sort the strap situation out..... How about a quality smart rubber strap for the C60's along the lines of the strap on the C700? Most up-market dive style watches come with a smart rubber option, Omega/Tag etc.

Thoughts anyone....??
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: WATCH STRAPS - RUBBER

Post by downer »

I think you make a reasonable point. The C600 strap is not right on the Trident IMHO, and I do think the Trident deserves a 'smart' rubber strap.
Richard
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

Maratac! Looks great on eIther c60 or c600. White stitch or a contrast red / orange or blue all on the black composite. Waterproof, versatile and much smarter than a silicon.
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

...and as reported elsewhere on the forum, the C700 silicon with "carbon" pattern is now available on the CW website - will fit any of the range with 22mm lugs so that will include the C60. More elegant than the original c6 / c60 silicon and certainly less bulky than the one offered at present, originally from the C600. In fact the new variant would look great on either c60 / c600 IMHO
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue