Watch Crazy Today!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Watch Crazy Today!

Post by jmarchitect »

I change watches when I get home from the office. For instance, yesterday I wore my prs20 in the office and changed over to my mkii vantage in the evening. My partner thinks I am bonkers for doing that and I shudder to think what she would say if I rotated six watches in one day. Mind you, wearing numerous watches during the day makes the hobby all the more enjoyable.
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

I think the most I have worn in a day is 3. Since receiving my new steinhart Nav b chrono last weekend, nothing else has had a look in. However, tomorrow will be a seamaster day methinks.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

I have had 4 changes today :oops: but then 3 are new purchases today, so gotta try em out :lol:
Graham
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

footycrazy wrote:I have had 4 changes today :oops: but then 3 are new purchases today, so gotta try em out :lol:
well come on...don't keep us in suspense! Wot you got? :shock:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Yeah, come on, we live vicariously. Well, some of us do :oops:
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

Sorry chaps, no pictures yet.

1. Longines conquest heritage 2004 ss/g auto
2. Eterna Garrard 9ct 60,s manual wind
3. Favre Leuba 9ct 60,s manual wind

Pics 2moro. :thumbup:
Graham
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

WOW!! :shock:
I found a new shop today with dozens of great looking vintage Omegas, Longines, Zenith and others. I'll be going back when I'm feeling rich! :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:WOW!! :shock:
I found a new shop today with dozens of great looking vintage Omegas, Longines, Zenith and others. I'll be going back when I'm feeling rich! :lol:
Switch on the 3G video call when your their next :lol:
Graham
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

jmarchitect wrote:I change watches when I get home from the office. For instance, yesterday I wore my prs20 in the office and changed over to my mkii vantage in the evening. My partner thinks I am bonkers for doing that and I shudder to think what she would say if I rotated six watches in one day. Mind you, wearing numerous watches during the day makes the hobby all the more enjoyable.
Haha. Lucky for me that I do not have anyone right now to make any such nags or judgements. So, if I want 6, then 6 it is!

I'm typically a 1 watch a day guy, although, now that my collection is getting to be decently big, I think there will be much more appeal to a during work / after work schedule.

As for a rotation, I don't really have one. I usually go by whatever I'm feeling on a certain morning. There are definitely tiers in terms of most-worn (C9FLE, C60 Kingfisher), sometimes-worn (C70US, Magrette Bronze), and seldom-worn (Seiko 5, C2 Lido, C5 Malvern). I suspect that my Steinhart will make it into the 2nd category. I think I am going to start wearing my C2 and C5 a bit more often at work and switch them off once I get home to get them some more wrist time.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Peteo wrote:
Kip wrote:I most frequently will wear 2 different watches in a day and a couple of times have worn 3 different ones.......

....but 5 with 6 changes! I may have to adjust your meds. :lol:

Well done!
Thanks! :lol:

You clearly need to wear more in a day. You have many many more to get through than I do.
No, not Kip! You're talking about the Asylum caretaker. He can't become crazy like the rest of us. Kip has to remain sane to some degree. Kip keeps us just at the breaking point. We can leave, because we're not quite well enough and gives us meds so we don't tear up the place either. :lol:
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

jmarchitect wrote:I change watches when I get home from the office. For instance, yesterday I wore my prs20 in the office and changed over to my mkii vantage in the evening. My partner thinks I am bonkers for doing that and I shudder to think what she would say if I rotated six watches in one day. Mind you, wearing numerous watches during the day makes the hobby all the more enjoyable.
Son.... you don't have a hobby...., you've got an illness! :lol: