Wait, or follow it up?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
RichM
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Wait, or follow it up?

Post by RichM »

I sent my 6 month old C65 LE SH21 in for a repair (it just stopped working) and had confirmation they received the watch on 19 April.

I've had no further update since then.

On the one hand I can imagine they will be really busy and the last thing I want to do is add to their stress and workload. I'd hate it if someone was chasing me up after everything this year.

On the other hand I really want to know the issue with my watch and when it might be back with me.

What would you do? Wait, or follow it up?!
Check out my Instagram @shropwatch
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Wait, or follow it up?

Post by jkbarnes »

I don’t think following up after a month qualifies as “chasing up after everything.” It is perfectly reasonable to follow up after a month.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by nbg »

For a six month old watch I would have outlined my expectations of when I thought it reasonable to be returned to me, at the time I sent it in for repair.

Yes I would follow up.

Presumably most of the watches being sent in are for a service, rather than a warranty repair. Therefore I wouldn’t expect to wait very long for a warranty repair, particularly on a newish watch.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
hadon2525
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by hadon2525 »

I, too, sent my C65 Trident Classic LE in for a general service. After a two weeks I had heard nothing. I enquired and was gently asked to check my spam folder. Sure enough, CW's response was in there. Of course, I had lost a fortnight and won't get my watch back for another 8-10 weeks. Anyway, follow it up!
RichM
Guru
Guru

Post by RichM »

hadon2525 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:34 am I, too, sent my C65 Trident Classic LE in for a general service. After a two weeks I had heard nothing. I enquired and was gently asked to check my spam folder. Sure enough, CW's response was in there. Of course, I had lost a fortnight and won't get my watch back for another 8-10 weeks. Anyway, follow it up!
The update was in my spam folder!!!!!

I know now spam isn't included in a search of emails!

8 to 10 weeks from Apr 22.

Man, I'm annoyed I didn't check there before now! Thanks for your replies everyone.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Good to hear the clock has been ticking at/with CW, even if you were unaware of it.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

C1 GBT| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB LE| C5 FLE| C7 Apex| C7 MkI 47AD| C7 MkII Harrier
C8 Reg LE| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 Al Deere| C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C40
C60 FLEx2| C60 Bronze GMT| C60 AbyssSH21-Apex-Blue-Chrono-Concept-Elite P'type |C65 AMGT 2VEV
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 5

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Why do email servers always do this?

They let all sorts of rubbish into your inbox, and hide the important stuff you actually want in the Spam Folder. Grrrr! :evil:

Recently I was asked to provide a reference for someone, and it wasn’t until I was gently reminded that I hadn’t done it that I found the request in my spam folder. Yet “genuine spam” seems to get through.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
RichM
Guru
Guru

Post by RichM »

And I thought I'd given anything from Christopher Ward a green light to go straight to my inbox!

It is good news though of course insofar that I only have 4 to 6 more weeks to wait, or with luck maybe a bit sooner, and it's down as a warranty repair so there is no argument from me there.

Thanks again everyone.

Rich.