LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Videos

Post by Kip »

One of the improvements Chris is looking at for the website is the use of more videos. He is thinking of introducing them to assist customers in a variety of ways.

What do you think would be of value to the average customer and/or that would help sales. Content being the primary objective and style secondary.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Videos

Post by julywest »

Bracelet sizing. Putting on etc
benjaminweiss

Post by benjaminweiss »

Videos would be great. Something as simple as seeing a watch at all angles and in different lighting makes all the difference (and often seals the deal).
CW: C60 Trident Pro (Black)
Non-CW: Raymond Weil Maestro Small Seconds
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Kip wrote:One of the improvements Chris is looking at for the website is the use of more videos. He is thinking of introducing them to assist customers in a variety of ways.

What do you think would be of value to the average customer and/or that would help sales. Content being the primary objective and style secondary.
Videos of watches instead of picture arrays, that will show more of the detail, shape and style. Slow motion, 360 circle-around a model for different angles and vantage points. Not sure how that could be done. If would probably require professional expertise.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

I'm sure CW has his own thoughts and sources to produce this but if he's wondering how much we would encourage the idea, I say go for it. Look at how some other manufacturers are doing this, if at all. This could be a marketing edge. And also, from a consumer's point of view, I wish I could see all watches this way. I recall looking at a nice watch for sale and wishing I could make it rotate and turn to see the case design. It would be cool to have an interactive virtual walk around, underneath and inside the watch. Imagine that if you will?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Much the same. To see someone handle and describe the watch, see the fit on a wrist, motion of seconds hand, balance, how a chronograph, diving bezel etc actually work. I'm sure many prospective customers have never seen a mechanical watch working, and don't really understand what an automatic movement is or how it gets power. All that would be an interesting start.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
highway62

Post by highway62 »

Something along the lines of the 'Friends of Oris' site's videos
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Leo David »

Seeing the fit of a watch on someone's wrist would be very helpful as this issue generates a lot of discussion, questions and deliberation, and as others have said, a 360 degree view would be very helpful, including a view of the movement.
domndick
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by domndick »

highway62 wrote:Something along the lines of the 'Friends of Oris' site's videos
Gawd no...unless it's a comedy angle Chris' going for. :lol:
C40, C8 (black/blue mk1), C6, C600, C9 FLE, C90 Becketts and C8 cream mk1 all sold!
Got Junghans, Omega, Tag, Tissot, Seiko, Magrette, Laco, Hamilton, Giuliano Mazzuoli, GShock, Welder...and Tag Connected and Garmin Fenix 3....
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

Smitty and Warren style? To quote Warren "Well - er - not exactly".
I think the hands-on watch videos are a good idea, but probably better with subtitles rather than a voice-over. Highlighting simple things like the quick release spring bars, display backs and screw in crowns may be of use to prospective buyers
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
TNWatch
Junior
Junior

Post by TNWatch »

I watched several videos on youtube before I purchased my c60. It definitely helped me feel better about my final purchase.
KAW
Senior
Senior

Post by KAW »

I agree with other comments here in that I would find 2 "types" of video useful (although it could conceivably be 1 video file): a 360 degree view of the working watch and a view of the watch being worn. It may not be necessary to show every possible variation but I think it would be useful to see at least 1 strap and 1 bracelet variation for each model (where they're available). I think simple product videos will be a big help for informing online purchases, even with the existing 60/60 promise.
sibex
Senior
Senior

Post by sibex »

Just did a quick 1 minute video of my C5.

Obviously its not in anyway professional but it may help people see how it looks on the (hairy) wrist (17cm), how the second hand sweeps etc.

nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Some of the realwatch reviews on youtube are excellent and give a real impression of the watch from all perspectives. I know it probably wouldn't be feasible to do this with all CW watches but I am sure somehing like this would help potential customers.

ATC Buckeye

Post by ATC Buckeye »

I'm teetering on the edge of ordering a C40 Speedhawk, but I haven't found any videos of it. A quick clip would probably push me over the edge. Rest assured, when/if I do order it I will do a video review ASAP. A video just helps you see it in real life, so to speak.