Sealander vs aquatine vs pro 300

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Sealander vs aquatine vs pro 300

Post by jkbarnes »

The Aquitaine literally checked all the boxes I had for a diver, yet inexplicably it just doesn’t appeal to me. I can’t put my finger on it.

I think the C60 Trident Pro 300 is the finest looking dive watch CW has produced. I think it is the embodiment of where CW has been going with a number of earlier models. What I’m most impressed by is that it is elegant & sophisticated and very modern looking while still looking like a tool watch. I’m really impressed with it, but I don’t know that I want one. As real world pics emerge, however, it’s starting to grow on me, the black 38mm especially. It’s really quite stunning.

But in the end, I’ve got to go with the Sealander - a white 36mm for me all day, every day for me!
Andrew
“In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.” ~ Leo Tolstoy

C65 Trident Vintage | C65 AMGT LE | C63 Sealander (36mm)

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
thomcat00
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by thomcat00 »

Don’t rush me! It took me the better part of eight months simply to decide on a white C63 auto. :D I am, however, already settled on an Orca Black Aquitaine GMT; I just need funds for it. ;) But that was before the Pro 300 release. :o
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
ttlpjh

Post by ttlpjh »

Pro 300. But when sealander gmt was launched I thought that was the perfect affordable CW, so maybe it’s just the newness that appeals
Aladave

Post by Aladave »

The pro 300 wasn’t out yet when I had to make this choice. I still really want a Sealander but went with the Aquitaine. And, would repeat the decision today. I’m a sucker for vintage inspired dive watches and sunburst dials.
Attachments
6ED3C62D-BB17-4E4D-A7C5-48138A4EA920.jpeg
These users thanked the author Aladave for the post (total 2):
David. Swelshlad
Noush
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

^^^^^^^^
Although I voted with my wallet for the C63 GMT, that's a cracking good piece. No way you can put this on your wrist and wish you'd bought something else.
CW is killing it with these 3, and others.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
dipidyy
Junior
Junior

Post by dipidyy »

Aladave wrote:The pro 300 wasn’t out yet when I had to make this choice. I still really want a Sealander but went with the Aquitaine. And, would repeat the decision today. I’m a sucker for vintage inspired dive watches and sunburst dials.
What strap is that one? And sorry for derailing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

For me it's the Sealander GMT in green.

I'm not inspired to try the Aquatine, I'm not yet powered up to trying the Pro 300 and I'm awaiting the largest size Sealander in other colours.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
Some other brands
Aladave

Post by Aladave »

dipidyy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:59 pm
Aladave wrote:The pro 300 wasn’t out yet when I had to make this choice. I still really want a Sealander but went with the Aquitaine. And, would repeat the decision today. I’m a sucker for vintage inspired dive watches and sunburst dials.
What strap is that one? And sorry for derailing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It’s an Artem sailcloth in navy blue. I like it a lot. I figured that if the watch is fifty fathoms inspired, it really needs a good sailcloth strap.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Aladave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:35 am It’s an Artem sailcloth in navy blue. I like it a lot. I figured that if the watch is fifty fathoms inspired, it really needs a good sailcloth strap.
That’s a really nice looking strap!
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
Aladave
Andrew
“In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.” ~ Leo Tolstoy

C65 Trident Vintage | C65 AMGT LE | C63 Sealander (36mm)

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

My current focus is on smaller non-dive watches, so I would lean towards the 36mm Sealander.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

My current focus is on smaller non-dive watches, so I would lean towards the 36mm Sealander.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Aladave wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:38 am The pro 300 wasn’t out yet when I had to make this choice. I still really want a Sealander but went with the Aquitaine. And, would repeat the decision today. I’m a sucker for vintage inspired dive watches and sunburst dials.
If I was going to get another dive watch I'd the Aquitaine would be one of my top options. I especially like it in the deep blue color :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Leon O for the post:
Aladave