Fastest Finger on the Button

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
audio.bill
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Re: Fastest Finger on the Button

Post by audio.bill »

This is just speculation, and I welcome any confirmation or contrary interpretations... Regarding the "Nearly New" watches that have been added, when you hover over the image on the listing page or the item once added to your cart I noticed that many of them are showing item numbers starting with "N" and not "NN" which would indicate they are actually NEW stock. They may just be liquidating existing NEW inventory by discounting them as NN. Thoughts?
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by ajax87 »

audio.bill wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:11 pm This is just speculation, and I welcome any confirmation or contrary interpretations... Regarding the "Nearly New" watches that have been added, when you hover over the image on the listing page or the item once added to your cart I noticed that many of them are showing item numbers starting with "N" and not "NN" which would indicate they are actually NEW stock. They may just be liquidating existing NEW inventory by discounting them as NN. Thoughts?
I’m pretty sure nearly new product codes have always started with a single “N”. If it were new it would start with a “C”.

For example, a NN C65 would start “N65-…” while a new one would start “C65-…” whether discounted or not.
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 2):
audio.billwelshlad
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto 36 & 39, GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Tissot|Timex|RZE
audio.bill
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 4

Post by audio.bill »

ajax87 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:20 pm
audio.bill wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:11 pm This is just speculation, and I welcome any confirmation or contrary interpretations... Regarding the "Nearly New" watches that have been added, when you hover over the image on the listing page or the item once added to your cart I noticed that many of them are showing item numbers starting with "N" and not "NN" which would indicate they are actually NEW stock. They may just be liquidating existing NEW inventory by discounting them as NN. Thoughts?
I’m pretty sure nearly new product codes have always started with a single “N”. If it were new it would start with a “C”.

For example, a NN C65 would start “N65-…” while a new one would start “C65-…” whether discounted or not.
Thanks very much for your post and looking at existing new stock listings I believe you are indeed correct. Not sure why I thought NN was used. :oops: Please excuse my post above, glad I qualified that it was just speculation!
These users thanked the author audio.bill for the post:
ajax87
thomcat00
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by thomcat00 »

I concur with Ajax87, as my NN purchase only has a single N, and new purchase is C.
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post:
audio.bill
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
welshlad
CW-watches: 19

Post by welshlad »

Alex's summary above is correct, i.e. Nearly New product codes (or SKUs) start with "N", but brand new product codes generally start with "C".
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post (total 2):
tikkathreeaudio.bill
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Another batch of clearance items uploaded. This time I got what I was looking for......
These users thanked the author Kansas City Milkman for the post:
tikkathree
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Regarding prefixes, new stock in sales has an S prefix.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post (total 2):
audio.billajax87
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

For the definitive guide on product codes / SKUs, both past and present, see this part of the CW Archives:

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#watch-codes/

You will see that it's all very straightforward and not at all complicated. Err... 8-[
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post (total 2):
audio.billajax87
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by ajax87 »

^^^ I stand corrected! S for new sale watches, and apparently M for Morgan watches?
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto 36 & 39, GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Tissot|Timex|RZE
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

^^^ Looks that way to me. :thumbup:
"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat and the sea."
Isak Dinesen

Current CW = C65 Trident GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré COSC LE, C65 Super Compressor, C63 Sealander Ukraine LE
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

welshlad wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:31 pm For the definitive guide on product codes / SKUs, both past and present, see this part of the CW Archives:

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#watch-codes/

You will see that it's all very straightforward and not at all complicated. Err... 8-[
That's, equally "Err...." but the N for nearly new will not be on the caseback, just the bill of sale and the registration card, am I right in thinking that? :thumbup:

I thought I'd pop your link just to look: that's some rabbit hole!!! :indy: :indy: :indy:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
Some other brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I'm sure that's right. When a watch is made it will have a serial number/model number on the back. I imagine the style of that has changed. My C65 just shows AAV-058 on the case back. No other model designation.

They can run off a new card to show the watch was sold as N or S, but they can hardly change the case back.
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

tikkathree wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 am That's, equally "Err...." but the N for nearly new will not be on the caseback, just the bill of sale and the registration card, am I right in thinking that? :thumbup:
Yes, that's right. SKUs are not typically stated on casebacks. They are just stated on the warranty card and invoice/order.
ndabunka
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3
LE-foura: yes

Post by ndabunka »

welshlad wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:33 am
tikkathree wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 am That's, equally "Err...." but the N for nearly new will not be on the caseback, just the bill of sale and the registration card, am I right in thinking that? :thumbup:
Yes, that's right. SKUs are not typically stated on casebacks. They are just stated on the warranty card and invoice/order.
The limited edition models DO have their LE serial # on the back of the case. How do I know? I was the original owner of the blue C60 Trident #06 until someone here made me an offer for about double the original price some 5 years later :thumbup:
The 3 C's of life: choices, chances, change. You have to make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change!
If you don't make a choice, the choice makes you...
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

ndabunka wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:03 am The limited edition models DO have their LE serial # on the back of the case. How do I know? I was the original owner of the blue C60 Trident #06 until someone here made me an offer for about double the original price some 5 years later :thumbup:
Yes, serial numbers are generally on the back of all CW watches, not just LEs. The point being made was that SKUs (i.e. product codes) are not generally on the casebacks.
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post:
tikkathree