C65 Aquitaine GMT second hand scuffs, opinion?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
SpAwN_BG
Senior
Senior

Post by SpAwN_BG »

As you can see, it is only visible on the sixth photo of my second set with pics…
I tried to cover pretty much all light circumstances.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: C65 Aquitaine GMT second hand scuffs, opinion?

Post by rkovars »

Like I said, it wouldn't bother me. Seems like something that you can only see if you squint, go 45 degrees off angle from the sun on a full moon etc. I am being intentionally over the top here. In all seriousness, as another poster stated it bothered you enough to post about it so there must be a little something there for you. But it does seem that you have to jump through some hoops to notice it. Now you need to determine for yourself if it is something you will notice every time you look at it. Sort of like a defect in the picture on an HD TV. You never noticed it until someone pointed it out and now you can't 'unsee' it.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
SpAwN_BG
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

If your question is "would a minor fault visible with a magnifier in certain light bother you?", then my answer would be "no". But is my opinion relevant? No, not at all. The only important question is, does it bother you? And I get the impression that it does.
Democracy is appropriate for some situations but not everything - it's your money, your watch and only you can make decision to keep it or send it back. What I will say is, £1265 is a lot of money to spend on something you aren't happy with.
These users thanked the author exHowfener for the post (total 2):
SpAwN_BGCaller
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Once you see it you can't unsee it. Send it back. I'd expect this from Seiko, but not CW.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

If Mike France describes it as the "most beautiful watch they have ever created", that should probably mean that it shouldn't come with a scuffed second hand.

If everyone had the same, I assume it would be more tolerable but we don't hear many reports of this so either it is hard to notice or this is not the regular standard for their watches.

Send them a message and arrange to send it back - hopefully it won't be too much hassle and you'll end up with a fix or replacement.

Keep us updated, it would be good to know what their response is and if they believe it is within the quality tolerance of a £1200+ watch.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

rkovars wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:02 pm
strapline wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:23 pm ^^ ^^
Completely agree with you. I’m typing on a MacBook, it cost me €1500 to buy. It was made in China for probably around $100 dollars. That’s just called modern mass manufacturing. Oh…and profiteering.

Des
Sorry but this is just completely wrong. The componentry alone in a Macbook is well over $100. This cost is independent of where it is manufactured. It probably costs $100 to assemble alone. It is pretty well documented that Apple's average margin is around 30%. Higher on software and services lower on hardware.
I was just speaking figuratively hence the use of the word 'probably'. It was also a bit tongue in cheek. What I was trying to highlight is that manufacturing costs are of no concern to the customer, it's what they pay for the computer, car, watch etc. The perceived quality needs to be appropriate to the consumers outlay not what the item cost to manufacture.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
SpAwN_BG
Senior
Senior

Post by SpAwN_BG »

After watching this youtube video, I don‘t think It makes any sense to send my watch back…
This one is way much worse than what I‘ve got…:

https://youtu.be/D_tDkfWvnAg

It seems they all are affected by this issue to one or another degree…
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

While in this instance it would not bother me, I am not you. If it is a bother, exchange it. If it did bother me, I know I would ask for another.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
SpAwN_BG
Senior
Senior

Post by SpAwN_BG »

thomcat00 wrote:While in this instance it would not bother me, I am not you. If it is a bother, exchange it. If it did bother me, I know I would ask for another.
I see most of them on YouTube are delivered this way.
I would think it is a non issue for most people as they are not as picky as I am and wouldn‘t inspect it so closely and carefully as I do.
May be I have to learn to live with the imperfections in life.