Why?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Why?

Post by Robotaz »

Why would they ship a strap across the ocean with this stupid round defect on it? Lazy. Now I have to waste a bunch of time sending a $70 strap back or just throw it away and write it off.

Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Why?

Post by Peteo »

QA/QC sometimes slips. Definitely frustrating.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

It's pretty sloppy. Too many people will have seen that and passed it.

They should just send you a new strap though. It's pointless having to send it back. Better PR just to send you another.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
Internaut
MattyyB
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by MattyyB »

Be nice to think they will just issue you a replacement without the fuss of you having to send it back. 🤞
These users thanked the author MattyyB for the post:
rc51owner
C60 Sapphire | C63 Sealander | C65 Sandhurst | C65 GMT | C65 Super Compressor
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Just to be clear we're outraged by the tiny round bump in the canvas not the apparently missing end of the springbar? I would expect the dent to disappear as the strap bends and the fibres are pulled so that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. A non functional springbar would be an unacceptable QC miss, even though it's cheap and easy to replace.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

suicidal_orange wrote:Just to be clear we're outraged by the tiny round bump in the canvas not the apparently missing end of the springbar? I would expect the dent to disappear as the strap bends and the fibres are pulled so that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. A non functional springbar would be an unacceptable QC miss, even though it's cheap and easy to replace.
I’m not outraged about $70, and the spring bar has nothing wrong with it. You just can’t see the end.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

suicidal_orange wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:13 am Just to be clear we're outraged by the tiny round bump in the canvas not the apparently missing end of the springbar? I would expect the dent to disappear as the strap bends and the fibres are pulled so that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. A non functional springbar would be an unacceptable QC miss, even though it's cheap and easy to replace.
The spring bar ends hide a lot of the time. I reckon you might easily fit a bigger spring bar. eg 21mm into a 20mm lug, and so on.:D
Flef

Post by Flef »

I recently returned a c60 bronze ombre green due to a defective winding mechanism which I would have thought would have been obvious to anyone.
Rufunded without problems except its damaged my opinion of cw