Re: C65 Aquitaine Collection - Released

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Christopher Ward about to rebrand as......

Post by JAFO »

A1soknownas wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:55 am
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:37 am Logo debate? I'm fine with the Twin Flags only on the dial.

Think about this whole logo / name situation and relate it to cars. In the main you get;-

Front of car on the bonnet or radiator grille, a logo badge; no name - DIAL

Rear of car on the tailgate or boot, logo badge but with the Manufacturer name alongside, above or below - CASEBACK.

Simples. :eek: :eek:

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk
But it is a watch not a car!

Similarly, I wouldn't compare the design and use of branding on a microwave to a watch either :lol:.

If a car changed their layout and say had the name at the front instead of the logo or the logo set to the left rather than the centre it would generate a discussion.

Definitely a mixture of views but there was a very large ask for twin flags, particularly in the future C60 mk4 debate so they have listened it seems and delivered.

Might get more on board than the old negatives that people had so generally I guess it will be more appealing overall, even if some are left behind.
Cars. That's the horrible Alfa Romeo you are thinking of. The only car that doesn't have the numberplate mounted centrally.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Christopher Ward about to rebrand as......

Post by golfjunky »

JAFO wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:23 am
A1soknownas wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:55 am
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:37 am Logo debate? I'm fine with the Twin Flags only on the dial.

Think about this whole logo / name situation and relate it to cars. In the main you get;-

Front of car on the bonnet or radiator grille, a logo badge; no name - DIAL

Rear of car on the tailgate or boot, logo badge but with the Manufacturer name alongside, above or below - CASEBACK.

Simples. :eek: :eek:

Guy

But it is a watch not a car!

Similarly, I wouldn't compare the design and use of branding on a microwave to a watch either :lol:.

If a car changed their layout and say had the name at the front instead of the logo or the logo set to the left rather than the centre it would generate a discussion.

Definitely a mixture of views but there was a very large ask for twin flags, particularly in the future C60 mk4 debate so they have listened it seems and delivered.

Might get more on board than the old negatives that people had so generally I guess it will be more appealing overall, even if some are left behind.
Cars. That's the horrible Alfa Romeo you are thinking of. The only car that doesn't have the numberplate mounted centrally.
But a great logo of a snake eating a baby!
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Bretling Aerospace Evo, Vinatge Azur, Vintage dressy Seiko & SBGX059
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Re: C65 Aquitaine Collection - Released

Post by JAFO »

The bracelet must taper quite quickly to the removable links. All removable links have to be interchangeable or it wouldn't work.

I am comfortable with a 2mm taper, but I just bought a couple of straps with a 4mm taper and it's no real difference. I'm sure we will get used to a 6mm taper quickly enough.
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

golfjunky wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:20 am
TheBeatles wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:16 am Can somebody show a picture of the clasp?

I still think at 16.5mm, it will look too small for a man’s wrist.

Happy to be proved wrong tho!

It’s interesting that all pics are from the front.
Prob cos MF doesnt want you thinking its a CW and not an MF :lol:
Exactly!
Moro
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Moro »

It costs too much though... The automatic version with Elabore SW200-1 is 55 EUR more expensive than the Millitary collection COSC certified watches. WHY?!

They look nice, but like some older models more. Probably will get a Sandhurst next.
These users thanked the author Moro for the post:
Stuart1
C65 Dartmouth

„Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.“
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by TheBeatles »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:14 pm
Moreover, the Aquitaine bracelet has an improved clasp, greater taper, screw pins for link adjustment and will retrofit onto the C65 Trident Diver.

Guy

Guy,

Does this mean the bracelet from the C65 Trident Diver will forward fit to the Aquitaine?

Sounds obvious, but I thought I’d ask?

Brian
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

TheBeatles wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:43 pm
Moreover, the Aquitaine bracelet has an improved clasp, greater taper, screw pins for link adjustment and will retrofit onto the C65 Trident Diver.

Guy

Guy,

Does this mean the bracelet from the C65 Trident Diver will forward fit to the Aquitaine?

Brian
I don't definitely know. Sorry Brian.

One would hope that it will but, in the way that a C60 Trident MkII bracelet will retro-fit onto a C60 Trident MkI, but not the other way around; it might not.

Best we get clarification from CW.

Maybe someone attending the Wind Up Watch Fair will be able to help us.

Guy
To see the World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour - William Blake

Sundial
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

TheBeatles wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:43 pm

Guy

Guy,

Brian
I don't definitely know. Sorry Brian.

One would hope that it will but, in the way that a C60 Trident MkII bracelet will retro-fit onto a C60 Trident MkI, but not the other way around; it might not.

Best we get clarification from CW.

Maybe someone attending the Wind Up Watch Fair will be able to help us.

Guy
To see the World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour - William Blake

Sundial
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13

Post by nbg »

Just measured (with a tape measure, not a more advanced gizmo) the bracelet taper on a few watches that I have out at the moment:

NF: 22-18(19.5)
SM300: 21-16(17)
Exp2: 20-15.5(16.5)
C65D: 22-18(19.5)
C63GMT: 20-18(19.5)

To me the first four all have an appropriate level of taper for the style of the watch. The limited taper on the C63 detracts from the overall look (as does the width of the bezel). I appreciate that others may see this differently. Perhaps our minds become imprinted with what we are used to as the norm.

The bracelet for the Aquitaine has been mentioned as tapering from 22mm to 16.5mm. I assume that the 16.5mm is the width of the links not the width of the clasp. If it is the link, then absolutely fine and spot on. If however that is the width at the clasp, well I may revise my view and think that is too narrow.

I am certainly a fan of bracelets with a decent amount of taper. Can’t think of any high end watches that are primarily worn on a bracelet that only have a 2mm taper.

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post (total 2):
Bahnstormer_vRSJAFO
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

DEV.Woulf wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:05 am Image

:shock: Wow are these amazing. Everything is perfect. Logo is simple and straight to the point. No more fighting over the left side dominance or changing the name to WARD or something else equally as horrible. The logo is in the middle and it LOOKS GOOD. Dial is fun and classy. Sapphire bezel is gorgeous and different than the norm. The whole package just hearkens back to a different time and stands out from most on the market. These are my two favorite colors but all four are great. =P~

From the impactful logo to the total execution of the design... this is a huge step up from CW and the best looking watch they've ever made. Fight me.
These are beginning to grow on me.. :problem:
These users thanked the author Thunder1 for the post:
DEV.Woulf
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
C60 GMT 600/C63 Sealander GMT/2 C65 SH21 LE's/C65 Khaki,Black,Blue dials/C65 Bronze Ombre LE, Dartmouth & GMT/C8 Power Reserve.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by rkovars »

TheBeatles wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:16 am Can somebody show a picture of the clasp?

Rolex bracelets traditionally tapered down to around 16. No one ever complains about too much taper on those.

I always saw it as a cost saving measure to CW to keep all of the bracelets mostly the same. Even the 20mm only taper to 18.
"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat and the sea."
Isak Dinesen

Current CW = C65 Trident GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré COSC LE, C65 Super Compressor
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

rkovars wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Rolex bracelets traditionally tapered down to around 16. No one ever complains about too much taper on those.

I always saw it as a cost saving measure to CW to keep all of the bracelets mostly the same. Even the 20mm only taper to 18.
Yes, MF said in an interview that they wanted to emulate a Rolex bracelet which is surprisingly lighter than you may expect when holding it but still very solid. The tapering helps to trim the weight.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by rkovars »

A1soknownas wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:59 pm
rkovars wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Yes, MF said in an interview that they wanted to emulate a Rolex bracelet which is surprisingly lighter than you may expect when holding it but still very solid. The tapering helps to trim the weight.
They shaved 10 grams which isn't insignificant. I am thinking of picking one up. My C65 GMT pretty much lives on the bracelet because it is a MK1.5 with the quick adjust but no quick release bars. Thinking of swapping that one out.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
JasperCat
"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat and the sea."
Isak Dinesen

Current CW = C65 Trident GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré COSC LE, C65 Super Compressor
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Are Rolex bracelets that different?
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

JAFO wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:01 pm Are Rolex bracelets that different?
Or course ! they are made from unobtainium and they have a crown stamped on them. :D