January 2022 Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Re: January 2022 Sale

Post by shaggy »

Leon O wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:50 pm
shaggy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:18 pm Guys, any idea if the C65 Trident Diver (those will manual wind) bracelet would fit to C65 Chronograph? Is the case identical?
The C65 Chrono uses a different bracelet than the Trident Diver. The Diver endlink is thinner so it will not be flush to the top of the Chrono case. The Chrono and C65 AM GT share the same bracelet.
Yes, please see few posts above my comparison.
Is: C65 Chronograph, C60 Pro 600 mk3, C7 Rapide Chronograph Auto, Yema Traveller, Orient Mako 2, Certina DS Podium Powermatic 80,...
Was: C65 Trident Diver, C8 Flyer Automatic, C60 Trident 35 Engineer Regiment Edition, Orient Weekly King Diver,...
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by nowttolose »

Submitted a request for a returns pack yesterday. Not heard anything. How long does it take to get a response and organise the courier? This is for an item purchased before Xmas.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by TheBeatles »

nowttolose wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:20 pm Submitted a request for a returns pack yesterday. Not heard anything. How long does it take to get a response and organise the courier? This is for an item purchased before Xmas.
Yesterday, it’s sale time. Give them a chance!! :D

The fact it was for an item before Christmas is, I think, irrelevant.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

By the way! Just for info,

I submitted mine on Friday. Pack arrived Tuesday, sent back same day. Confirmation of receipt at 9.19am on Wednesday.

So pretty quick overall, now just awaiting refund.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 5

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:33 pm ^^^^ Not got a display caseback, Steve. :( :(

Guy
That could indeed present a minor difficulty.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
Pravnik

Post by Pravnik »

Hello, friends! How do you think, is it possible that c65 trident will be again is stock on the sale? Thank you!
MadG
Senior
Senior

Post by MadG »

I think it will be :)
I ordered one which was delivered this morning, it is brand new with all stickers etc. But it’s a tad big on my wrist so planning to return it tomorrow.
Pravnik

Post by Pravnik »

Is it a blue version? ))
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:51 am My C60 Abyss GMT V2 arrived yesterday, I resized the bracelet last night and got the watch up and running (time & GMT set) this morning.

Some observations;-

Bracelet - This is the latest bracelet with 2/3rds links; all my previous C60 bracelets have been the 'old' version.

The difference is the 'old' bracelet had 6 + 6 links for which, to fit my 7.5" wrist, I would remove one link on the 6 o'clock section.

The 'new' bracelet has 6 + 5 + 2x2/3rds links, with one of the 2/3rds links in each section. It was therefore a simple task to remove both of the 2/3rds links, to give me 6 + 5 and a perfect fit.

Bezel - as part of the V2 spec (presumably) this is bi-directional.

Movement - This is stated on CW's website as being Sellita SW330-2 with 42 hours Power Reserve (which should be 56 hours if the movement stated is correct).

It does indeed have the SW330-2 as far as I can tell.

I've not tested the PR but from the feel of the crown / movement when winding and adjusting it is so light and smooth, especially the GMT hand, that it has to be the SW330-2. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bottom line; if you're considering getting a C60 Abyss GMT in the Sale / Clearance get the V2 version. As I write there is still one listed.

Guy
I like this watch (a lot).

I have a quick question if possible. Did the version 1 have a unidirectional bezel and is this the easiest way to see if the watch is V1 or V2? I have one sat on my desk which I fully powered up (about 90 winds) and now it's driving me crazy not being able to wear it as I'm timing how long it takes to stop and see what its power reserve is.

Anyway just to say I find it a marvellous watch and one I know will get plenty of wrist time

Stay safe

Mike
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

oh and just to add and the same as Guy wrote, it's incredible how light it feels to wind, at first I thought it was in the wrong position and wasn't winding but it's because its the lightest feel of any watch I own :-)
These users thanked the author Deks for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

C60 Abyss GMT V2

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 4):
DeksJasperCatMiniMpiBedrock
C1 GBT-JH| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB-FLE-Revival| C7 Apex| C7 MkI 47AD| C8 Revival
C8 Reg LE| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 Al Deere| C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C40
C60 FLEx2| C60 Bronze GMT| C60 Abyss SH21-Apex-Blue-Chrono-Concept-Elite P'type |C65 AMGT 2VEV
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Is that a gunmetal bracelet? Meow

20220114_113558[1].jpg
These users thanked the author Deks for the post (total 3):
JasperCatMiniMpisuicidal_orange
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

TheBeatles wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:36 pm By the way! Just for info,

I submitted mine on Friday. Pack arrived Tuesday, sent back same day. Confirmation of receipt at 9.19am on Wednesday.

Full refund just received, back into bank account via PayPal.

They said it would take 3-5 working days, took 2 days 6 hours from receipt of email confirming they had it.

Great service :clap:

Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Lawrence »

Lawrence wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:10 pm Ordered my C65 trident blue automatic last night and it was dispatched this morning and is supposed to arrive Wednesday due to the modern miracle of aero planes and electronic customs.
So........it's now out for delivery, good thing I am working from home today!
Bulova Accutron Gemini, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, C60 Elite 1000 GMT, C60 Chrono, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C60 Trident Bronze Ombré COSC LE Edition
MadG
Senior
Senior

Post by MadG »

TheBeatles wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:28 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:36 pm By the way! Just for info,

Full refund just received, back into bank account via PayPal.

They said it would take 3-5 working days, took 2 days 6 hours from receipt of email confirming they had it.

Great service :clap:
That’s cool.
Can I please check - How to initiate the returns process please?
When I click on the link for the return from it just takes me to a page which doesn’t have any form. May be I am not looking at the right place.

Thanks in advance