January 2022 Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: January 2022 Sale

Post by ajax87 »

shaggy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:18 pm Guys, any idea if the C65 Trident Diver (those will manual wind) bracelet would fit to C65 Chronograph? Is the case identical?
What JAFO said above is likely correct.

HOWEVER… they also sell separate bracelets for the 38mm C60 and the 40mm C60, and I can confirm they both fit either watch just fine, and I can’t tell the difference.

You wouldn’t know for sure unless you tried.
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post:
shaggy
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss, GMT|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot|Timex|RZE Endeavor & Fortitude
Robotaz
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Will_75 wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:53 am My NN C60 sapphire came and I think I know why it was sent back. These Sellita movements, which I am not a fan of at all, will not advance the date correctly if the date was set in the timeframe during which you are not supposed to set the time. You can advance the time and the date will just keep advancing not centered in the window.

I moved it out of the undesirable timeframe, reset the date, and now it advances correctly. It’s just not a very well engineered movement and takes patience.

But I’m letting it run till tomorrow and see if the timekeeping and date change work correctly. I hope they do because it’s a killer little watch. I really like it.
This exact thing happened with my NN C60 tide - after one day the date window was sat uncentred and only half visible. I reset it, tested it and have let it run for 48 hours - it now appears to be working perfectly.

Might need to keep it! :D
Mine is running +5 and the date is setting correctly so I’m keeping it.

I love the size. I’m really digging smaller watches lately. But I do still like the detail that I can see in the face of my bigger watches.
The Snake's Hand
CW-watches: 2

Post by The Snake's Hand »

NN C63 Sealander GMT in white and NN C63 Sealander Automatic in black currently available.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Phil C wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:59 pm Am I right to assume CW will add to the clearance sale for the remainder of January as and when returns come in or does the event run only for 2 weeks?
I would suggest that the Clearance will continue to run as returns as received..

I’ve received confirmation email that my Abyss is back at CW Towers.
These users thanked the author TheBeatles for the post:
JasperCat
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Post by shaggy »

JAFO wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:44 pm
shaggy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:18 pm Guys, any idea if the C65 Trident Diver (those will manual wind) bracelet would fit to C65 Chronograph? Is the case identical?
I don't think so. If you check the bracelets on the CW site (in straps), there is a distinct C65 chronograph bracelet £165, as are all the bracelets. The bracelet for the handwound is called the C65 41mm bracelet, I think. Certainly not too expensive for such an expensive watch, and they are super bracelets. Maybe CW would give you some discount if you just bought the chronograph. It's probably just different end links, so maybe CW could sell you chronograph end links, although then you would still have just 1 bracelet.
Thanks. I was afraid of this answer.
If I'll keep the Chrono version (should come tomorrow), then I would sell the manual on leather as the bracelet was bought separately later. So Chrono endlinks would save me some cash. I'm gonna check with CW.
Is: C65 Chronograph, C60 Pro 600 mk3, C7 Rapide Chronograph Auto, Yema Traveller, Orient Mako 2, Certina DS Podium Powermatic 80,...
Was: C65 Trident Diver, C8 Flyer Automatic, C60 Trident 35 Engineer Regiment Edition, Orient Weekly King Diver,...
rkovars
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by rkovars »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 pm
What JAFO said above is likely correct.

HOWEVER… they also sell separate bracelets for the 38mm C60 and the 40mm C60, and I can confirm they both fit either watch just fine, and I can’t tell the difference.

You wouldn’t know for sure unless you tried.
The Chrono case is thicker to accommodate the movement. So the end links on the bracelet are thicker. It would be pretty noticeable I think.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 2):
ajax87shaggy
Current CW = C65 Trident Vintage GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré COSC LE, C65 Super Compressor

In Review:

2 More CW's on the short list! (This is pretty much a lie - I have at least 17 CW Tabs open at the moment!)
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

shaggy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:11 pm
I don't think so. If you check the bracelets on the CW site (in straps), there is a distinct C65 chronograph bracelet £165, as are all the bracelets. The bracelet for the handwound is called the C65 41mm bracelet, I think. Certainly not too expensive for such an expensive watch, and they are super bracelets. Maybe CW would give you some discount if you just bought the chronograph. It's probably just different end links, so maybe CW could sell you chronograph end links, although then you would still have just 1 bracelet.
If I'll keep the Chrono version (should come tomorrow), then I would sell the manual on leather as the bracelet was bought separately later. So Chrono endlinks would save me some cash. I'm gonna check with CW.
It won’t hurt to just throw the bracelet on both and check. I’d be interested to see pics of the fit on each watch.
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post:
shaggy
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss, GMT|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot|Timex|RZE Endeavor & Fortitude
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Some posts need moving to an end link/ bracelet thread!!
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Post by shaggy »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:41 pm

It won’t hurt to just throw the bracelet on both and check. I’d be interested to see pics of the fit on each watch.
Will try tomorrow hopefuly.
Thanks for all the help to everyone.
Is: C65 Chronograph, C60 Pro 600 mk3, C7 Rapide Chronograph Auto, Yema Traveller, Orient Mako 2, Certina DS Podium Powermatic 80,...
Was: C65 Trident Diver, C8 Flyer Automatic, C60 Trident 35 Engineer Regiment Edition, Orient Weekly King Diver,...
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Post by shaggy »

ajax87 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:41 pm

C65 Chrono just arrived. Very nice watch!
And the bracelet from Trident Divers does (not) fit. I mean it can be attached properly and everything, but it doesn't look good. The Chrono case is indeed a bit thicker...
C65 Diver vs Chrono 1.jpg
C65 Chrono - Trident bracelet 2.jpg
C65 Chrono - Trident bracelet 1.jpg

Sorry for spamming the thread.
These users thanked the author shaggy for the post (total 2):
JasperCatajax87
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

My C60 Abyss GMT V2 arrived yesterday, I resized the bracelet last night and got the watch up and running (time & GMT set) this morning.

Some observations;-

Bracelet - This is the latest bracelet with 2/3rds links; all my previous C60 bracelets have been the 'old' version.

The difference is the 'old' bracelet had 6 + 6 links for which, to fit my 7.5" wrist, I would remove one link on the 6 o'clock section.

The 'new' bracelet has 6 + 5 + 2x2/3rds links, with one of the 2/3rds links in each section. It was therefore a simple task to remove both of the 2/3rds links, to give me 6 + 5 and a perfect fit.

Bezel - as part of the V2 spec (presumably) this is bi-directional.

Movement - This is stated on CW's website as being Sellita SW330-2 with 42 hours Power Reserve (which should be 56 hours if the movement stated is correct).

It does indeed have the SW330-2 as far as I can tell.

I've not tested the PR but from the feel of the crown / movement when winding and adjusting it is so light and smooth, especially the GMT hand, that it has to be the SW330-2. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bottom line; if you're considering getting a C60 Abyss GMT in the Sale / Clearance get the V2 version. As I write there is still one listed.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 3):
Amor Vincit OmniaClach77Viognier
C1 GBT-JH| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB-FLE-Revival| C7 Apex| C7 MkI 47AD| C8 Revival
C8 Reg LE| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 Al Deere| C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C40
C60 FLEx2| C60 Bronze GMT| C60 Abyss SH21-Apex-Blue-Chrono-Concept-Elite P'type |C65 AMGT 2VEV
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 5

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:51 am
Guy, the movement should be marked near the balance wheel. You will need a good loupe and to get the rotor out of the way, but my Sealander GMT certainly says SW330-2 quite clearly.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 25
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Not got a display caseback, Steve. :( :(

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
C1 GBT-JH| C4&W7 BBMF| C5 BOB-FLE-Revival| C7 Apex| C7 MkI 47AD| C8 Revival
C8 Reg LE| C8 M2.04 LE| C8 Al Deere| C9 FLE| C9 Me109 SPC LE| C11 Mak Navy| C40
C60 FLEx2| C60 Bronze GMT| C60 Abyss SH21-Apex-Blue-Chrono-Concept-Elite P'type |C65 AMGT 2VEV
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:51 am My C60 Abyss GMT V2 arrived yesterday, I resized the bracelet last night and got the watch up and running (time & GMT set) this morning.

Some observations;-

Bracelet - This is the latest bracelet with 2/3rds links; all my previous C60 bracelets have been the 'old' version.

The difference is the 'old' bracelet had 6 + 6 links for which, to fit my 7.5" wrist, I would remove one link on the 6 o'clock section.

The 'new' bracelet has 6 + 5 + 2x2/3rds links, with one of the 2/3rds links in each section. It was therefore a simple task to remove both of the 2/3rds links, to give me 6 + 5 and a perfect fit.

Bezel - as part of the V2 spec (presumably) this is bi-directional.

Movement - This is stated on CW's website as being Sellita SW330-2 with 42 hours Power Reserve (which should be 56 hours if the movement stated is correct).

I've not tested the PR but from the feel of the crown / movement when winding and adjusting it is so light and smooth, especially the GMT hand, that it has to be the SW330-2. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bottom line; if you're considering getting a C60 Abyss GMT in the Sale / Clearance get the V2 version. As I write there is still one listed.

Guy
I’d love to see a photo of the case. If it was all black I’d be all over this. What puts me off is the case being too light in colour for my tastes. However, your comments are making me look at this again.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

The C65 Chrono uses a different bracelet than the Trident Diver. The Diver endlink is thinner so it will not be flush to the top of the Chrono case. The Chrono and C65 AM GT share the same bracelet.