Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: January 2022 Sale

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

masnth wrote:^^^ do you think the reduction is because this is pre-order?
No.

More likely an adjustment or realignment for a period of time.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

January 2022 Sale

Post by Robotaz »

My NN C60 sapphire came and I think I know why it was sent back. These Sellita movements, which I am not a fan of at all, will not advance the date correctly if the date was set in the timeframe during which you are not supposed to set the time. You can advance the time and the date will just keep advancing not centered in the window.

I moved it out of the undesirable timeframe, reset the date, and now it advances correctly. It’s just not a very well engineered movement and takes patience.

But I’m letting it run till tomorrow and see if the timekeeping and date change work correctly. I hope they do because it’s a killer little watch. I really like it.
These users thanked the author Robotaz for the post:
ajax87
JonathaN_LI
Junior
Junior

Post by JonathaN_LI »

It's mostly because it's SH21, but I think with Morgan's wings, the dail is a little bit richer.
m01-40h5d1-s00w0-pk_3d.jpg
m01-40h5d1-s00w0-pk_bk.jpg
thomcat00 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:25 pm ^^^ I like the C1 Morgan as a watch but I’d rather not have the wings on the dial. But a dressy SH21 greatly appeals to me.
These users thanked the author JonathaN_LI for the post:
MiniMpi
C1 Morgan Aero 8
C1 Morgan Classic
C60 Elite GMT 1000 Blue
C60 Trident Pro 600 Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
C65 Sandhurst
C65 Aquitaine Bronze
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
C65 Trident 316L LE
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:53 am will not advance the date correctly if the date was set in the timeframe during which you are not supposed to set the time.
So, you are saying that it doesn’t work correctly if you do what you’re not supposed to do??!
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

TigerChris wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:53 am will not advance the date correctly if the date was set in the timeframe during which you are not supposed to set the time.
So, you are saying that it doesn’t work correctly if you do what you’re not supposed to do??!
A decent movement will reset the date correctly just by advancing the time normally.
DU55FPL

Post by DU55FPL »

JasperCat wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:11 pm
DU55FPL wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:56 pm This will likely mean no more watches in 2022 lol!!!! I also think am i better of buying 1 watch from the likes of Tudor etc as it amounts to similar money.... But i really like CW watches and think you get a lot for your money...
That's the same question I struggled with (and resolved) initially... with the amount I have invested in CW, I could probably buy a Rolex Daytona (maybe :lol: ) or other "high end" watch.

However, then I have one watch, super expensive and I have no variety on wearing something different every day (or even a few each day), plus there are some parts of the world where I could get mugged for that watch. Would I even wear it, or just keep it in a safe :problem:

Personally I'm not a massive fan of Tudors, I think their case design is basic and slab sided. However I appreciate the brand heritage, quality and I can understand why many are drawn to them.

For me, I love the variety of all these different watches, as I love having something different to wear depending on how I feel. I took three of my CW watches on our two week holiday abroad for example, and enjoyed all of them for pool, beach and eating out :thumbup:

As always YMMV :D
I agree there having one super expensive watch isn't always better as you say Rolex these days can make you a target for theft etc too. I don't even think you necessarily get that much more watch for your money? Controversial but true after a certain point there is only so much in differences that are so smalll...

I have always lusted after a Tudor Pelagos its on my list of watches to buy the rest im not as keen on.

I like variety and wearing a different one each day and my collection has a nice variety of brands and styles now!
These users thanked the author DU55FPL for the post (total 2):
StifJasperCat
Will_75
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Will_75 »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:53 am My NN C60 sapphire came and I think I know why it was sent back. These Sellita movements, which I am not a fan of at all, will not advance the date correctly if the date was set in the timeframe during which you are not supposed to set the time. You can advance the time and the date will just keep advancing not centered in the window.

I moved it out of the undesirable timeframe, reset the date, and now it advances correctly. It’s just not a very well engineered movement and takes patience.

But I’m letting it run till tomorrow and see if the timekeeping and date change work correctly. I hope they do because it’s a killer little watch. I really like it.
This exact thing happened with my NN C60 tide - after one day the date window was sat uncentred and only half visible. I reset it, tested it and have let it run for 48 hours - it now appears to be working perfectly.

Might need to keep it! :D
These users thanked the author Will_75 for the post:
Robotaz
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Lawrence wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:58 pm That C60 chrono is a great deal....

The Birkin Blower and Al Deere are back. A bit early for ground hog day....
This isn't the same Al Deere that was up briefly last week and then sold... that was a "Nearly New", these are new and there appear to be more than one (I was able to add 2 into the basket) :?
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

"Sale" has now disappeared from the CW site watch options.
Gripper
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Gripper »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:37 pm "Sale" has now disappeared from the CW site watch options.
Still some showing under "Clearance"
These users thanked the author Gripper for the post:
JasperCat
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Post by shaggy »

Guys, any idea if the C65 Trident Diver (those will manual wind) bracelet would fit to C65 Chronograph? Is the case identical?
Is: C65 Super Compressor, Edox SkyDiver Neptunian, Orient Mako 2
Was: C65 Chrono, C60 Pro 600 mk3, C65 Trident Diver, C8 Flyer Auto, C7 Rapide Chrono Auto, C60 Trident 35 Eng. Regiment, Yema Traveller, Certina DS Podium PM80, LHC Chrono Auto
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Gripper wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:41 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:37 pm "Sale" has now disappeared from the CW site watch options.
Still some showing under "Clearance"
Thanks, I didn't look far enough down the options. :thumbup:
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

shaggy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:18 pm Guys, any idea if the C65 Trident Diver (those will manual wind) bracelet would fit to C65 Chronograph? Is the case identical?
I don't think so. If you check the bracelets on the CW site (in straps), there is a distinct C65 chronograph bracelet £165, as are all the bracelets. The bracelet for the handwound is called the C65 41mm bracelet, I think. Certainly not too expensive for such an expensive watch, and they are super bracelets. Maybe CW would give you some discount if you just bought the chronograph. It's probably just different end links, so maybe CW could sell you chronograph end links, although then you would still have just 1 bracelet.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
shaggy
Phil C

Post by Phil C »

Am I right to assume CW will add to the clearance sale for the remainder of January as and when returns come in or does the event run only for 2 weeks?