Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: What would be your dream Christopher Ward watch?

Post by Russ-Shettle »

AliBar wrote:
Russ-Shettle wrote:Anyone know what movement that might be?
The Peseux 260 perchance :).... only made in small numbers.

http://ninanet.net/watches/others04/Mediums/mbeba.html
You found the site this came from? I was going to post it again. Some time ago I had posted it here. Great photography. This is where I first saw the Be Ba and the story behind it.
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Actually, Russ, that Be-Ba is heading towards spot-on. :thumbup:

I've got my minimalist head on today, so:
No day, no date, no chrono, no painted bezels, no whirligigs, no power reserves, no moons, no GMT...

Just a nice 3-hander (sub or centre seconds), MANUAL wind, slim case, simple hands and dial, max 38mm. And the best possible movement for the price-point. And a crystal case-back, because the movement will be beautiful and decorated.

I've just bought one like that, but if CW comes up with something similar, I'll buy that too! 8)
Yes, it seems to support the saying: Less is More! :thumbup:
mickarthur
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by mickarthur »

Jape wrote:
footycrazy wrote:A CW version of the Longines master complication moonphase L2.673.4.51.6 for £1100 or less :thumbup:

http://www.thewatchsource.co.uk/item/Lo ... aign=GBase
+1
+2 for the master complication but not necessarily like the Longines
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

Damn. :?

Damn, damn, DAMN...!

Seeing the blue version of the C60 2012 FLE on the new bracelet I'm now really rather taken with it - and very annoyed that I didn't consider getting one of these. D'ohh. :censored: :cry:

Ho hum.

Still, back on topic: I love the idea of the minimalist Be-Ba. That is just a beautiful looking watch. As an alternative, I'd love to see another tonneau cased CW but if they feel like upping the stakes in terms of complications, how about a CW take on the Patek Phillipe 5135 or the 5033...? Obviously, platinum is probably not going to be an option for the case (!). :twisted:
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by jack »

A really classic style aviaton chrono. Something like the IWC Spitfire Chrono in Black!

Cheers,
Jack.
mickarthur
Senior
Senior

Post by mickarthur »

mickarthur wrote:
Jape wrote:
footycrazy wrote:A CW version of the Longines master complication moonphase L2.673.4.51.6 for £1100 or less :thumbup:

http://www.thewatchsource.co.uk/item/Lo ... aign=GBase
+1
+2 for the master complication but not necessarily like the Longines
Revision - I think I would prefer an Annual Calendar - Day, Month, Date
DBR!
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

What would be your dream Christopher Ward watch?

Post by DBR! »

An Automatic Chronograph GMT on a leather strap with a Tachymeter 42mm-45mm with a white face and lume hands and markers.
DBR1 COSC
2011 FLE # 33
Tissot T Race
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Actually, Russ, that Be-Ba is heading towards spot-on. :thumbup:

I've got my minimalist head on today, so:
No day, no date, no chrono, no painted bezels, no whirligigs, no power reserves, no moons, no GMT...

Just a nice 3-hander (sub or centre seconds), MANUAL wind, slim case, simple hands and dial, max 38mm. And the best possible movement for the price-point. And a crystal case-back, because the movement will be beautiful and decorated.

I've just bought one like that, but if CW comes up with something similar, I'll buy that too! 8)

*ahem* The Be-Ba looks a lot like the Nomos Zurich, except the latter is an automatic. :D
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15
Nomos Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Malibu
Junior
Junior

Post by Malibu »

How about something along the lines of a Fortis B42 cosmonaut. Black dial and rotating bezel, simple hand set, arabic numerals. Maybe day/date and all brushed stainless steel. Something to differentiate from Rolex/Omega diver styles.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

I'd really like the C60 GMT's bezel and colours on the non GMT watch. If they made that in the lovely coppery colour it would be in my watch box already.

I'd also like to see a 50 Fathoms style watch as I love the bezel on that watch.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

As I had been looking at some B&R watches at the weekend, I am quite taken with a silver or blue face version of the C11 (we already have the black face and the PVD versions).
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Russ-Shettle »

For real?

I would like a C60 with an ETA 2892-2 movement but without the GMT. Don't need it, don't care about it and I don't want that that extra red arrow hand. However, I may purchase the GMT anyway only because it has the 2893 which is the same family of movements and I don't have a choice. I wish the C50 COSC had this movement instead of the 2824. It would be more, I know, but that's what I want for my money.
Skypilot617
CW-watches: 6

Post by Skypilot617 »

I think the most obvious omission from the CW collection is a Patrol Commanders watch - something like the nite MX10 or Icon IC5/6. I would definitely like to see more use of GTLS rather than lume which fades to next to useless in minutes.
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

A C5 with 20mm lugs. Job done.
julywest
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by julywest »

C600IPK but with different color hands and markers.... say red or blue or orange etc